Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods

You should have extracted the downloaded archive to Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios. The file "Lord of the Mods 1.13.biq" is the scenario file that you select from Civ Content to play LotM. The folder "LotM" has to be in the same directory (in this case Conquests\Scenarios) as the biq in order to work.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Thank all of you for making (I think) one of the best mods ever and THE best mod for Civ III. I love it. I don't think I'll be doing any homework tonight.MWAHAHAHAHHA:lol: :lol:

I think it's an all-around GREAT mod.
There's one thing that's wrong that I'm sure you noticed. So I'm Gondor and I'm going for the copper to build some units. And in the civilopedia it says it's found in the hills. But ALL the copper I've seen is in the desert! Weird, but that's ok cuz I'm right next to a desert.:lol: :lol:

A very nice mod indeed! :goodjob:

Found a bug (damn Sauron messing things I guess...):

2nd age, playing as dwarfs: a city is sufering from "Wild animal attacks". When i click on the civ link in the message, I get a "Invalid entry" warning...

Cheers!

Something else that came up: when working in the city panel, I can't click on the terrain around the city to select which ones are used, (to, for instance, use a terrain that gives more shields) like in the original game/other mods. Is this on purpose or an error?

What jlvfr just reported is another example of what we discussed earlier concerning the problem with micromanaging.

jlvfr -- What Civ were you playing with?
In 1.13 I have played with Mordor and not had this problem. Someone earlier had this exact same problem playing as Isengard and Rohan.

BUG (?): I don't know if this has been stated, but when I play the "Quicklaunch 1.13 (Second Age)" (I think that was what it was, but I'm not positive), I can build all civ specific wonders, even when my civ shouldn't be able to. Playing as Gondor if that helps.

I've also run into a few blank CivP entries (links to blank entries, etc), but that's not a huge problem. I view the CivP as more of a novelty or luxury item, it's nice to have, but you can live without it.

I could give you more information, but I work 7 PM - 5 AM today, and then 3 PM - 9 PM tomorrow. On top of that we're moving on Sunday, so the soonest I could possibly get more information for you would be by Tuesday.

----------------------------

Playing as Gondor, and I've managed to establish quite the empire in a short span of time. Just found the Rohirrim, and that their empire already has more cities than I do :mad: . That's easily changed though :evil:

Egroen, i'm playing Civ Conquest...

Everyone, if you want a really hard game, play dwarfs. NO CAVALRY! So, no quick reinforcements, no outflanking, etc...

TankGuy, are these just blank pages with the correct icon and title, or invalid entries?

Civfan, copper can be found in both hills and desert. It may be more common in desert because there are few desert resources.

jlvfr, thanks for the reports. I'm looking into the tile management problem.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was just wondering cuz in the civilopedia it said hills only. Doesn't matter though!:D

I just noticed that the Corsairs of Umbar are not in :( the game.

As a civ you mean?

Their ships are in it.

I just noticed that the Corsairs Umbar are not in :( the game.
Umbar is the capital city of the Haradrim, of whom the Corsairs were a part, culturally speaking. They've got plenty of special aaglo-made Corsair ships, if memory serves.

Just a quick question. I'm playing as Gondor and I'm wondering, how many wonders can only Gondor build. I looked throught the Civilopedia and I don't see any. There's just not any?

I have an idea for differentiating Angmar and Mordor. Have Angmar emphasize Corrupted Men more, if I remember correctly then the Witch-King actually used corrupted men as a majority of his army.

...if I remember correctly then the Witch-King actually used corrupted men as a majority of his army.
That is a good idea as well.

I'll post the lines for Angmar and Mordor so everyone can take a look at them - probably this weekend.

You could use Orcs as his basic soldier, but have them upgrade to Men to reflect how, over time, he subdued the eastern kingdoms of Arnor and then recruited their populations into his own forces.

Top Bottom