- Feb 11, 2010
- At the Foot of the Cross
The Middle-earth Mod allows you to play as a leader of the greatest civilizations and empires in Arda, holding the fate of Middle-earth in your hands.
*18 Unique Civilizations with Animated Leaders
*Flavored unit art
*A completely revamped tech tree
*35+ Middle-earth Wonders
*Many new buildings and civics
*Two detailed maps of Middle-earth
*Artifacts you can craft or capture from other units
I hope you enjoy playing in Middle-earth.
This is a beta version of the mod. I am currently working on various topics.
If you want to help with the mod, please read the "How can I help?" post.
Doors of Durin
Stone of Erech
The Rohirrim army.
Changelog (v. 0.4.1):
- Added Artifacts Mod
- Added the Platypedia
- Added Umbar to All Maps and Fixed Minor Errors with Maps
- Updated Civilizations' Starting Techs
- Updated Durin BG
- Changed Various Requirements of Techs for Buildings and Units
- Added a Bonus for Farms once Crop Rotation is Researched
- Added Free GP's to certain techs
- Added Many New Units (Need to add many more flavor units in future updates)
- Reworked Some Unique Units
- Modified Pierce Promotion
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Reduced the strength of certain civics
- Increased the hammer cost of many units/buildings
- Reduced the power of certain buildings
- Added Tech Quotes
- Updated Leaderheads/Leaders
- Added Certain Diplomacy Text
- New Main Menu Added
- Added Umbar
- Added Many New Technologies and Rebalanced Costs
- Added 7 new values + 7 "missionary" units
- Added Treasury, Messenger Hall, and Feast Hall
- Added 10 new wonders
- Added 6 new promotions
- Added 11 new civics
- Minor Bug Fixes
v0.2.5 - 07/07/18
- Added Honey, Mushrooms, Apples, and Camels'
- Added/Edited Game Text
- Removed incorrect UnitCombat Popups from building a worker or settler
- Replaced Lions with Wargs
- Map edited
- Added new River Crossing
- Added "No Settlers" Game Option for Custom Scenarios
v0.2.4 - 6/21/18
- Edited civics
- Edited some of the traits
- Added and Edited Game Text
- Added option to download Middle-earth BUG
- Map edited, slightly more balanced.
v0.2.3 - 5/8/18
- Added Dwarven Unit Art
- Added Soundtrack
- Added Civic Text
- Added Building Text
v0.2.2 - 06/21/17
- Added Angmar unit art
- Added Wonder Art: Chamber of Mazarbul, Rath Dinen, Dol Guldur, Durthang
- Updated city lists
- Added a new main menu with music.
- Added Civilopedia and Strategy texts to Units
v0.2.1 - 01/14/17
*Added Easterling unit art.
*Changed Select/Order sounds. Not Middle-earth voices, but much better than before.
*Changed Diplomacy Music. Enjoy!
*Updated Game Text (Civics)
*Updated the Traits for every leader
v0.2 - 7/11/15
*New map! Enjoy "Middle-earth Revised" as any of the 17 civs.
*Massive tech tree balancing: Cost, placement, and effects have all been improved.
*Civic/Building/Wonder/Units all balanced.
*Brand new Haradrim Ethnic unit art. Enjoy the desert raiders and Mumakil!
v0.1.1 - 8/22/14
*Patched the Mod - Many thanks to Isenchine
*Edited the map. Hope fully more balanced, but probably not. I will continue to work further on it
*Edited the Dwarven trait. It now provides +1 Food and +1 Hammer on Peaks.
*Added a new UnitClass for every civ: Heavy Axeman. The Dwarven UU is now named Battle Axeman, and replaces the Heavy Axeman.
*Weakened the Pikeman. It no longer receives a bonus versus Longswordsmen.
*Updated the Pikeman and Longswordsmen Tech requirements. They are now distinctly Third Age units.
*Hopefully fixed the AI obsession with Battering Rams - They no longer think they are as good as catapults!
*17 Civilizations Added.
*Unit art for (some) of the civilizations. [More to come]
*Completely revamped the tech tree.
*Added over 25 new wonders.
*Added many new buildings and civics.
*Added a map of Middle-earth by Manni.
Q: Are you finished? If not, when will you finish?
A: Although we're nowhere near finished, you may download the beta version of the mod here.
Q: Can I help with something?
A: Sure! I'm looking for building/unit art. Go ahead and suggest something.
Q: Will this mod have any special features?
A: Yes, many in the end. See the features list below.
Q: So, what is this mod based on? The movies or the books?
A: Both. Sometimes more the books than the movies.
Q: Is this based on FFH?
A: No. Some ideas are from the abandoned Arda mod.
Grey features have not yet been added. Red features will be added in the next update.
- Unique Unit Art: Many civilizations will have different unit art. (Though common ones, such as Arnor & Gondor, or the elven civilizations, will have similar/identical art.)
- Reworked Gameplay: There are just over 90 technologies (including vanilla ones such as Fishing), with new buildings, wonders, some new units types; basically, everything required for an accurate gameplay of Middle-earth!
- Artifacts: These special one-time promotions will be very powerful. Examples include Narsil, The Rings of Power, and other such items. Artifacts can be stolen by defeating the bearer in battle.
- The One Ring: This very special artifact will be forged only by Mordor at Mt. Doom. It will grant the bearer "power according to his stature", and (if he is not evil) it will eventually corrupt any bearer if he has it for too long. Thankfully, it also will grant him partial invisibility (i.e. a chance of being invisible to units). More details to come.
- Unique Victory Conditions: Each civilization will be able to achieve victory by Culture, Conquest, or Domination, but there is also the option of winning your civilization's "UVC". These work like UHV's in Rhye's and Fall.
- Regions: The map will divided up into regions, such as the Misty Mountains, Erebor, Ithilien, Mordor, The Shire, etc. These will be used for UHV and Wonder purposes.
Got a suggestion? Comment? Go ahead, post away!
Civ4ScreenShot0173.JPG164.5 KB · Views: 15,999
Civ4ScreenShot0175.JPG141.1 KB · Views: 4,881
Civ4ScreenShot0182.JPG94.6 KB · Views: 14,288
Civ4ScreenShot0184.JPG97 KB · Views: 3,314
Civ4ScreenShot0181.JPG79 KB · Views: 14,202
Civ4ScreenShot0180.JPG112.9 KB · Views: 4,120
logoGeneric.png12.4 KB · Views: 5,492