Middle East 2006: C3C Only

csa945

Warlord
The Middle East 2006

My attempt was to create a Scenario simulating the current situation in the Middle East (and Central Asia, Northeast Africa and Southwest Europe) as realistically as possible.

The scenario begins in January 2006 and lasts for 60 3-month turns.

The Civilizations
Turkmenistan (Mil, Ind)
Leader: Niyazov

Uzbekistan (Mil, Ind)
Leader: Karimov

Kazakhstan (Mil, Ind)
Leader: Nazarbeyev

Greece (Com, Ind)
Leader: Karamanlis

Bulgaria (Com, Ind)
Leader: Stanishev

Romania (Agr, Ind)
Leader: Popescu-Tariceanu

The Ukraine (Agr, Ind)
Leader: Yuschenko

Turkey (Ind, Com)
Leader: Erdogan

The Russian Federation (Mil, Exp)
Leader: Putin

Georgia (Agr, Com)
Leader: Saakashvili

Azerbaijan (Rel, Agr)
Leader: Aliyev

Armenia (Rel, Agr)
Leader: Kocharian

Cyprus (Ind, Com)
Leader: Popadopolous

Israel (Rel, Mil)
Leader: Olmert

The Palestinian Authority (Rel, Agr)
Leader: Abbas

The United Arab Emirates (Rel, Com)
Leader: Ahmed

Pakistan (Mil, Rel)
Leader: Musharaaf

Afghanistan (Rel, Agr)
Leader: Karzai

Libya (Rel, Mil)
Leader: Qaddafi

Iran (Rel, Mil)
Leader: Amadinejad

Saudi Arabia (Rel, Com)
Leader: Abdullah

Iraq (Ind, Com)
Leader: Jafaari

Egypt (Mil, Exp)
Leader: Mobarak

Syria (Mil, Ind)
Leader: Assad

Oman (Rel, Com)
Leader: Hafiz

Lebanon (Com, Agr)
Leader: Mikati

Jordan (Rel, Agr)
Leader: Abdullah

The United States of America (Exp, Mil)
Leader: Bush
The United States controls Al Kuwait and Doha, Qatar (capital).

Units

Infantry Units

M-16
10/10/2
US, Greece, Israel

M8
12/12/2
US (must research advanced infantry)

Uzi
10/10/1
Israel

US Army Ranger
10/8/1
All terrain as roads, detect invisble units
US (must research anti-terror tactics)

US Marine
Amphibious
13/12/1

SA80
10/10/1
Cannot be built, but generated by the Coalition of the Willing great wonder in Al Kuwait.

British Royal Marine
12/12/1
Cannot be built, but the US starts with several near Basra

Iraqi Infantry
8/8/1
Iraq

Afghan Infantry
7/8/1
Afghanistan

Terrorist
8/7/1
Invisible, Hidden Nationality
Barbarians, also produced by great wonders Hamas (in Ramallah) and Al Qaeda (not yet constructed)

AK-47
9/9/1
Everyone who doesn't get M-16s

Armor
M1A2
20/14/3
US, Israel

M1A3
24/18/3
Detect invisible
US (advanced armor required)

M60
18/12/2
Afghanistan, Iraq

M113
14/20/2
Greece, Israel, US, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan

Merkeva
18/14/3
Israel

Challenger II
21/15/3
Oman, and the US starts with several outside of Basra

T-72
16/8/2
Available to most countries

Crusader
1/4/3 (Bomb Strength: 13, Range: 5, ROF: 3)
US

Air

MiG
5/8/1
Available to most countries

GR4 Tornado
9/9/1, 9/3/3
cannot be built, the US starts with several near Basra.

F-14
7/7/1
Cannot be built, Iran starts with several

F-15
8/8/1 (Cannot bomb, interception and recon only)
US, Israel, Saudi Arabia

F-16
8/8/1
US, Greece, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, UAE, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan

F-18
9/9/1
US (the F-18 replaced the F-14 as the Navy's primary fighter earlier this year)

F-100
6/5/1
Greece, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey

F-35
10/8/1
Detect invisible
US (must research anti-terror military)

B2 Spirit
0/5/1
Stealth
US

B3
0/10/1
Stealth, Invisible, detects invisible, radar
US

Apache (technically a ground unit, as are the other helicopters)
16/10/4
US

Cobra
14/8/4
US

UH-60 Blackhawk
12/4/4 (trans capacity: 4)
US, Israel, Cyprus, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt

Most of the naval units are the same as they are in the normal game. The US is now the only country that can build Carriers and AEGISes.

There are also several "king" units: Ambassador Khalilzad and General Casey for the US, Amadinejad for Iran, Olmert for Israel, al-Zarqawi and bin-Laden for Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda in Iraq (both barbarians) etc.

They are not kings in terms of gameplay (i.e. If you kill Khalilzad and Casey, the Americans are not wiped out), but instead, they have large construction costs, and thus, killing them gets you a large number of victory points.

Improvements and wonders
Most of the improvements that come standard have been given a cost of 0 (I didn't want the added tedium of adding a library and a temple to every city).

New wonders:

Coalition of the Willing (see above)

Hamas (see above)

Al Qaeda (see above)

Fall of Saddam (Baghdad)
produces happiness in all Iraqi cities

Trial of Saddam (requires Fall of Saddam in same city)
produces happiness in all Iraqi cities

Sunni Triangle (Baghdad) and Kurdish Nationalism (Mosul)
produces unhappiness in all Iraqi cities, obsolete with Universal Sufferage

WMD Program (Tehran)
Allows nukes, generates nukes

Youth for Democracy (Tehran)
produces unhappiness in all Iranian cities, obsolete with Republic

Cent Com (Doha)
Anything military that you can think of

Burj Dubai (can only be built in Dubai after Globalization is researched)
Generates a lot of money for the UAE.

Aswan High Dam (Aswan)
same as Hoover Dam

The Great Pyramids (Giza)
only a tourist attraction here

I called wealth FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) instead; it now requires the Globalization tech.

Credit where credit is due

The map was made by Yodapower, and several of the unit graphics come from El Justo's Coldwar Deluxe Scenario, Luddi VII's Vietnam War, and GRM7584's Middle East 1950-1990 Simulation. I can't remember where I got the GWB face on the Diplomacy screen. If anyone recognizes it, let me know.

Also, due to the controversial nature of this scenario's subject matter, I'd like to clear up a few things:

Terrorists (an invisible, hidden-nationality unit) in Iraq are controlled by Iran and Syria. Allegations that these two states are, or have in the past, supported the insurgency in Iraq have been made, but, as far as I know, have not been proven. I do believe that this is likely, but even if this is not the case it serves a useful purpose in gameplay: The US troops in Iraq will kill the Syrian and Iranian-controlled insurgents (or vice-versa) and cause the Iranians and the US to hate each other. It also gives the Iranians and Syrians opportunity to get control of the VP locations in Iraq.

Some capitals had to be moved, simpy because they are not on the map (e.g., Kandahar as the Afghan capital, Karachi as the Pakistani capital).

There is a ficticious desert island in the middle of the Med. with an American airfield and several units on it. This is to represent the US troops stationed in Europe and in the US itself, and they are there just in case the US goes to war with Libya.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

The link for the files is ready!

There are now 2 biq's in the zip. v 2.0 requires no files (no custom animations). v 2.1 does. I also put in an updated text file.

Attachments

• Middle East 2006.zip
    493.1 KB · Views: 1,061
Thanks.

It's taking a while to get the art files uploaded. I'll get some screenshots up after I get those on.

Sorry; I meant to mention locked alliances.

They are:

Coalition of the Willing
US
UAE
Afghanistan
Armenia
Georgia
Iraq
Oman
Pakistan

EU and Associates
Greece
Cyprus
Turkey
Bulgaria
Romania

I also neglected to mention that I've only play-tested it with the US and Iraq. I don't expect there to be any problems with the others, but if there are, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.

Although, from the looks of it, this scenario is VERY well put together and VERY detailed, I would reccomend deleting about half the cities and units. Many of these cities are small and in the desert and just increase loading time while adding little to the game, because if captured by the AI they will be razed....

I can't seem to get the art files to upload.:cry: I'll pm the admin and see if I can get some more help on it. Until then I'll leave the scenario up. If you refer it to the files for the scenarios I listed above, it should be okay with the following exceptions:

Iraqi Infantry

Afghan Infantry

Just change the Civilopedia entry to PRTO_GI, and they should run.

And thanks for the input. I suppose Saudi Arabia could do without some of its interior cities.

hi csa945,

this seems to be an very interesting scenario.i´ve downloaded the file but when i want to play, i get an error message:

Error Reading File
Missing Entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt":TECH_Arab_Learning
The game will now exit

Do you know what that means? I mean could you help me?
I would be very pleased

Vericitas

Vericitas,

The problem there is the text files. I guess I tweaked them more than I remembered.

I should have the link up relatively soon (sometime today), but if you want to, you could copy and paste the Arab Learning entry from PediaIcons in the Middle Ages Conquest folder. There are probably several more errors with it, though.

I realized that there were some problems with the biq I had up earlier -- at least for me. I posted a new version that should work as soon as the files are ready.

After checking Wikipedia, as I'm unfamiliar with Diego Garcia, the map doesn't extend that far east or south. I suppose it couldn't hurt to throw it in between Pakistan and Oman, but I'm kind of picky about geographic accuracy.

I might put it in a future version anyway as it would allow Kuwaiti and Qatari civs.

thanks for your advice, but it would be the best to wait for your upload:)
i´m not the best in these things;)

the screenshots look great.i can´t wait to play it (sorry for my bad english)

Why don't you use 3D downloads to upload the art?

Also, looking at the locked alliances, Turkey and Greece shouldn't be allied at all, they are still bitter over the Cyprus issue.

I did use 3D to upload the art and text files. They're in the first post.

As far as Greece and Turkey go -- not to mention Cyprus itself -- I wasn't so sure about what to do. I figured that since I put them all on the EU track, I'd lock them in an alliance. I can see how putting Turkey off on its own makes sense also.

I did set Turkey the farthest back in on the European tech tree, though.

Some more thoughts on the Turkey-Greece situation:

I really wish that there were a "locked non-agression" option or something to that effect. Like for the US and France. They may not always agree, and they definitely won't always go to war together, but the thought that there will be a war in Europe (and the US) anytime soon is ridiculous.

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine that even though Greece and Turkey dislike each other, they probably wouldn't go to war with each other anytime soon. Unfortunately, the only way to prevent that would be for the two countries to be in a locked alliance.

Furthermore, Turkey wants into the EU and the only way that they're going to be able to accomplish that is by being nice to states that are already members -- namely Cyprus and Greece. I also figure that when (or if) Turkey gets into the EU, they would be in what amounts to a locked alliance together.

This as a major flaw; the EU and the US are united under NATO; how then could the EU and associates not be locked to the coalition of the willing?
Coalition of the Willing
US-NATO
UAE
Afghanistan
Armenia
Georgia
Iraq
Oman
Pakistan

EU and Associates
Greece-NATO
Cyprus
Turkey-NATO
Bulgaria-NATO
Romania-NATO
____
Romania and Bulgaria have supported operations in the Middle East via ISAF and NTM-I. The allinces needs serious review but it looks good minus that fatal flaw. Turkey and Greece and all other NATO states have pledged to protect each other; you can't make this scenario realisticly while ignoring the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. I like it a lot minus the erroneous overlooking of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.

Actually the EU and the US are not united under NATO, per se. Such an alliance was proposed by Schroeder a liitle while back, but no one seemed interested. The reason that I didn't put the US in a locked alliance with the other NATO countries is because NATO does not officially support the US in Iraq, and may not officially support the US in future conflicts.

With the way this scenario works, the US is extremely unlikely to go to war with one of the European states.

Top Bottom