1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Midgame ideology/victory type advice? (save file & screenshots/info inside)

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by wobuffet, May 23, 2016.

1. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Hi all,

I'm on turn 248 in a game as Persia (latest beta, 05/21, with EUI and everything else, plus InfoAddict) and am looking for some advice on how to proceed.

The save is attached to this post,
    and here's some info in screenshot form: http://imgur.com/a/cAanG

Here's the situation:
    • I have only 4 cities, but am far and away ahead in :c5science:Science and Techs. (I'm getting spied on left and right but can't do much about it for right now: I do have a counterspy installed and Constabulatory built.)
    • I am Friends with 3 of the other 5 Civs (Small map). I'm building up a military to take over at least one of the other 2 Civs (Denmark), and am thinking of maybe just sniping Rome's capital.
    • I've successfully Missionary spammed most of the world into submission. God-King is giving me 115:c5culture::c5faith::c5gold::c5science: per turn, and Evangelism + missionary spam has gotten me a ton of free instant :c5science:Science.
    • The World Peace Initiative is active; not sure if I should try to repeal this before going ahead with war.
    • I've just entered the Modern Era, with almost all Industrial techs researched.
    • I figure it's time to choose an Ideology and decide exactly how to go about winning the game. Domination might be the easiest, with my tech lead, but I'm not sure whether to go for it now with a 10–12 tech lead or stay friends with half the world for a bit longer. Cultural would also be another option. I think Science and Diplomatic would take too long and be less certain to succeed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Hi,

For domination victory, there is two question :
    1) Is every ennemy capital coastal and accessible (or non-coastal but near to your territory) ?
    2) Have you enougth iron ?

If the answer is yes for both, then take autocraty, take the policy which boost XP, build a fleet and win the game.
    The priority will be destroy the powerful ones before they have flight.

If you don't have enougth iron, and its difficult to have more, it will be difficult to win by domination quickly.
    If some capital aren't coastal, it really depend on their position.

You don't seems to have a lot of tourism, so pure cultural victory may be long. Don't forget that AI usually like the 2 free tenets when adopting a new ideology, so you will have at least two ennemies, so it will make it more difficult.