1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Midgard/Quest ?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Gislef, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Gislef

Gislef Chieftain

Ummm, exactly what are the Quests and how do you find them? I've checked out the area on the map indicated by the little message you get from time to time (City of Rot, around 68,124 - at least, that's the one I got...), and found nothing except a cave entrance to one of the AI Goblin's cities.

Now, I went looking late in the game (after Volsung does his first number on you), so maybe it's not there any more. But then...how do I find the next Quest? Any Quest? The next two listed are Brian's Expedition (got that, if it's referring to the Wonder), and Jack O' Lantern's Genesis (?!?). I'm off to get my folks to the Dragon's Lair. But I'm not sure what the other Quests are, or how to acess them.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

2. cube359

cube359 Chieftain

WARNING - Contains spoilers...

Frost Giant pact - look in the mountains and bribe a frost giant, he will vow never to work for Volsang again and you will gain a pretty good unit. (Bribe more frost giants for a damn good city taking force!)

Dwarven Hoard - Bribe a dwarf, and dig in the underground level at (cant remember exactly where) to open up a tunnel to a pile of gold.

Dragons Ice Lair - Go north to the ice region and find the dragon. Kill the dragon (takes LOTS of units) and complete the quest.

? - There is a beast somewhere in the underground which can be killed ( I think ) requires dwarves to dig a path to it. (personally I have never completed this one, so it is guess work)

? - bribe a barbarian tree beast.

? - bribe a barbarian jack o lantern. Unsure if this is Jack O'lanterns genesis.

? - bribe a fairy - all info helps!

?King Flytrap - there is an island with nothing but flytraps on it, I think you clear it of the beasts and settle it? possibly?

Thats about it, from memory apologies If I am way off the mark, but thats how I remember it...

cheers

cube359

3. Gislef

Gislef Chieftain

Thanks for the info. Actrually, I found three different dragon lairs to the north, but nothing ever seemed to come out of them or anything. I never saw an island of flytraps either, although I was playing the Elves and the island _I_ started on had a ton of Tree Guards that looked kinda fly-trapish.

I'm not sure I ever saw any dwarves...

But thanks for the info. I'll check it out next game.