1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Might Virtues

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by Some_tall_guy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Some_tall_guy

Some_tall_guy Chieftain

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've played a few games of RT now, and I've noticed that some of my best starts have been with the Might tree. I find that with the Military trait that gives science on kill, on top of the Might trait that does the same with aliens, I can get huge bonuses to science and food by taking out aliens and their nests.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck figuring out some strong strategies opening like this. I'm contemplating trying a game where I rush for academies, similar to pre RT, but haven't had the chance to do so yet.

Any thoughts?

2. Evgenij

Evgenij Chieftain

If you can get good quality artifact with culture bonus, and use it to imitatively get to lvl 3 might, then yes - it offers large advantage in science in early game.

3. Promethian

Promethian Chieftain

I have been liking Might more and more as I experiment with it.

The extra affinity from techs really pays out with the affinity on stem techs. All those 7s become 9s.

The 50% unit maintenance virtue I find is a powerful energy virtue. I no longer go straight to solar collectors (after cognition, of course) to cover maintenance when I am going Might. I have played a few games now where my energy per turn shifted by more than 50 when picking up this virtue.

The extra strategic resources virtue also strongly pays out. More units and more buildings that use the resources are a big deal. With the new units and satellites we have more things to spend strategic resources on. Even if you don't like the new units, strategic resource buildings are generally very strong (ahem Hypercore).

On top of all of this you pick up a very significant straight bonus to unit combat strength through the might volume bonuses and the virtue at the "end" of the tree.

4. ansa

ansa Chieftain

Well, it is the same crappy tree as before without any noticeable health bonuses in lategame, but...
    The thing is, you are so behind on tech on Apollo, it is pretty much required to take to try and keep up with AIs, unless you luck out 2-3 levels of affinity from expeditions alone

5. Evgenij

Evgenij Chieftain

You can take that diplomatic trait, that adds +12 science per deal you make. Make 5 deals and that's +60 science per turn. I've got it by the time I had like 10 science per turn, increasing my science by a freaking 6x. Combine it with PAC leader and you can get every single wonder before AI can on apollo (unless AI also have PAC).

6. Blue Emu

Blue Emu GroFAZ

The fact that there are now alternative ways to get Health tends to somewhat devalue the Prosperity and (to a lesser extent) Industry trees, making the Might and Knowledge trees more competitive.

7. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

I agree dude, might is instrumental in winning games. the affinity boosts and free affinity are great, so is the health for military units, alien boosts, ect