1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[UNIT] Mighty Ships Et Al

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by MightyToad, Mar 6, 2020.

1. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

If you're not feeling it, please don't sweat it. There's no rush. My next ultra-lame joke in-waiting will still be fresh a few months from now.

Joke: Hey @Zeta Nexus : "Uliat online." Eh, eh? (Starcraft reference)

Btw tried to dig out my old SC1 disc - and then I remembered laptops haven't had a disc-drive in years! :cry: #thanksNexus

Good luck, Sword of G! :king: :thumbsup:

2. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

Hello Walter Hawkood and other Sea Peoples aficionados :) About a week ago, I posted a collaboration request in @Matsuda123 's What If Unit Thread. I included quite a few images in my first post on the Sherden and followed up with some general images of other Sea Peoples. I thought it might be fun & interesting to present the 13th~12th Century BCE Greeks as marauding barbarians (oooh an ironic twist!)

So I'm hoping there are enough of us now that we can throw something together with a truly unbridled team spirit :w00t: I can start a new thread if need be. Thanks :thumbsup:

What If Unit Thread: Matsuda123, Kine100, and Mattem's Latest Additions

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Philistine Civ. Units could work for Myceneans as well

Update: Trying my best to reskin this Rifleman using animation unit. Having trouble with black feather texture, seems to be built into the dds of the unit, and I can't change it without completely replacing the texture(which doesn't work with what I'm trying to do).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  4. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

I did find good ideas for some ideas for Meso 1700s and 1800s infantry, though it isn't as devoid of real history and What If as I would prefer.

Attached Files:

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Those are really cool. Line Infantry exactly as I imagined. If I could make those units(or convert and animate from EUIV) I would

Anyways Here is my Mayan Line Infantry:

Attached Files:

Zeta Nexus likes this.
  6. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

That's really great. @Matsuda123 What's you doing?

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

A question: Do you guys test these models in game too? IIRC some of them are high-poly. Everything is beautiful but don't they make the game crash?

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

My Mayan unit is a reskin but there is a lot you can do with reskins. I'd love to be able to add things.

Zeta: They don't make the game crash. If your on a really bad computer, they might though.

Toad or Anyone know how to attach objects to units, like decorative things?

9. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Still working on various stuff. Ishibiya, Meso Musket, and Meso Ironclad sort of...

10. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

Any work on Napoleonic Byzantines?

11. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

:dunno: :nonotmyfault:

12. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

It's funny you want to change the textures to steel/Silver. I made a point to exclusively use copper/brass/gold. :lol:
    Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do with that rifleman unit.:dunno:
    You should be able to just drop objects under the bone NiNode in Nifskope. For example you would browse down the tree from BIP-BIP Pelvis/Spine/Spine1/Neck/Head ect... Then whatever it is should follow the head I think. I usually use Blender and add things to the mesh directly.

I test everything in game. I've never had a crash because of the polycount. Usually I get a crash because I screwed something up in the XML, or have the shader set wrong.

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Well i figured it out it was that the feather part of the unit's texture was in a spot I didn't think of. I found it. That screenshot is more or less the finished product. I have the iron age reskins of your swordsman and spearman done. I didn't just remove the color in the gold parts to make it silver. I also redid the coloration of the other parts of the armor. Green to Red etc.

14. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

Why no one cares about me ? :cry:

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

MalayanGamer just a lot of things going on. Its up to people if they take up your requests. I recommend posting that in the unit request thread. If someone is interested they will make them. As for me I was interested in a couple things, so I decided to make them myself: Mississippian Spearman(Top Right) and Mississippian Axeman from two different angles(Bottom Left). Based on Civ3 stuff Shirokobbure made back in the day From the Warriors of the Americas megapack. Mississippian Civilization had reached copper and bronze working. They were at a technology level akin to early Sumeria or early Egypt. Lacking draft animals or the wheel of coarse. Only royal or elite warriors wore the armor to my knowledge.

MissPreview.jpg

MightyToad likes this.
  16. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

Zeta Nexus and tantanmen like this.
  17. Sword_Of_Geddon

Well done. Any chance for some uncultured Philistines/Sea People to go with him?

Spoiler :

" align="" border="0" />" align="" border="0" />

MightyToad likes this.
  18. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

He still looks terrifying to me. Love the armor. And how 'bout that double-decker crested helmet? Magnifique! Thank you very much MightyToad! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MightyToad likes this.
  19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Yeah its awesome. I'll make my own thread I just thought It good if others see what others are working on it one place, unless its not a problem. If I post my work, it will be in its own thread. I have a good idea of it, if we get a nice ancient Philistine/Sea People set, I'll make a Leaderhead to go with it. As for cities, I have heard they were related to or Aegean peoples originally. But they captured cities in the Middle East and destroyed others(Hittite capital), though its doubtful the Sea Peoples alone destroyed the Hittites, problem allied with local powers, like what they attempted to do with the Berbers against Ramses III in Egypt(which failed).

These are Minoan, you can see the resemblance to the Sea People/Philistines:

Common look in Mycenean(and Minoan I guess) era Greek culture in that era.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  20. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

Alright. Sorry about that.