1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[UNIT] Mighty Ships Et Al

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by MightyToad, Mar 6, 2020.

1. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

This is some god-level 'demon armor,' thank you so much MightyToad!

Please by all means, let's put a bookmark in the Homeric Epics and dial up a wormhole into the SG Metaverse :rockon:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Love what you got so far and the new and improved Minoan Galley is nice I see you liked the image with that blue hull and pattern, it was pretty neat you combined the two minoan ship examples.

3. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

Excellent galley:hatsoff: and... I really like the "Mycenaean rapier" and the shiny scaly armor:woohoo:. He clearly looked like it - Homer describes it extensively.

4. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

Excellent. Can I suggest an idea? The main enemy of armored vehicles from the 60s is anti-tank missiles, but in Civilization 4 and mods, the case is limited to a unit with a "Javelin" . Meanwhile, it's pretty easy to create a whole new class of units. Self-propelled Anti-tank missile system-based on armored vehicles that are already in the mods (M113, VRDM, BMP-3, etc.), Similarly, there are models of heavy wearable ATGMs on the Internet. ("Tou", "Cornet", etc.)

Darkator likes this.
  5. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

That's not a bad idea at all. The animation set I made for the NOD stealth tank could if you disable the stealth effect (which is easy to do, just disable the damage texture) be easily used for such a unit.

6. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

I paid attention. :) At the same time, it turns out that there is no need to modify some platforms at all. There are more ready-made models of modern ATGMs than I thought - and "Krizantema", French "Mephisto", Chinese AFT-10 in a relatively low-poly version.

7. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I was referring to the whole part about firing whole physically modeled missiles that look cool as opposed to puffs of smoke. :)

8. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

I was browsing FF stuff. Looking for something to use as a shield. This energy beam reminded me of lightsabers. So, I used it.
    Light. Frickin. Saber. :D

Attached Files:

tantanmen likes this.
  9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Fun diversion :)

10. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

A long time ago
    In a galaxy far far away...

Spoiler Episode Eleven: Attack of the Failed Limerick :
    JJ Abrams ain't got nuthin' on you

Spoiler p.s. :
    I did notice however that you opted for the blue lightsaber, not the red...?

11. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

The texture was already blue. :dunno:

Someone made a darth Vader leaderhead with a full size version. Could make a red one and rig Vader up. Maybe use that for a general or something.

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Theres already sith units in the database actually, they are pretty good.

13. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

Okay, somebody's been playing Jedi mind tricks on me. I feel certain I've seen full Star Wars sets around here... Jedi in hooded robes... (May the 4th be with all of you btw)

... Searching... 67% :scan:

Dumanios and strategyonly released Star Wars civs. Does anyone know if the most recent 'improved' edition is the one uploaded by Bryce3?

galactic-empire-civ-improved

Chuggi made some units, but the "much better Jedi and Sith" link is broken:

jedi-knight-collection

And besides the Vader LH, clanky4 put out all kinds of brilliant stuff:

resources/authors/clanky4

That's just some of the stuff that I can remember seeing.

Anyway, the blue lightsaber is outstanding. And General Vader with a red lightsaber would be awesome :king:

Aww, now y'all got me looking for Boba Fett :p

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    MightyToad likes this.
  14. Sword_Of_Geddon

I'm looking forward to whatever is coming next for the Mycenean units as well as the future sci fi stuff in any case.

15. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

=I was referring to the whole part about firing whole physically modeled missiles that look cool as opposed to puffs of smoke. :)=
    :yup:Yes, and they look right. ATGMs pass the main part of the trajectory by inertia, without smoke. I saw this fighter for Tiberium.

16. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

Fett himself is somewhere in a distant galaxy:think:. But the model of this suspicious person is in VIP mod.

tantanmen likes this.
  17. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

Thanks for bringing the SW stuff to my attention. Clanky4 has put out some outstanding stuff. Looks like I am treading over some previously done stuff. I couldn't find a working link to check out the lightsabers, but from description it probably used similar glowing effect. In any event lightsabers have been done. :deadhorse:

tantanmen likes this.
  18. Sword_Of_Geddon

Clanky was really good at converting models from sites and other places very agreeable guy. But your good at making your own models and even animations. And they are amazing.

MightyToad likes this.
  19. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

:agree: You are positively swimming in metachlorines, MT. Probably the highest pH count since before bloodtests.

And there is no such thing as beating a dead horse when it comes to Star Wars. I am wildly passionate about the first two SW movies and the two Ewok movies.

Thanks for the help pecheneg. I'm still searching for the Assyrian Tiger chariot. I did find some images of Mitanni warriors... I hope I won't be penalized too severely if I suggest they resemble Assyrians? :cringe:

What does everyone think about The Maryannu Chariot?

Spoiler Blurb on the Maryannu Chariot :
    “Maryannu is an ancient word for the caste of chariot- mounted hereditary warrior nobility, which existed in many of the societies of the Middle East during the Bronze Age.

Robert Drews writes that the name maryannu, although plural, takes the singular marya, which in Sanskrit means 'young warrior', and attaches a Hurrian suffix. He suggests that at the beginning of the Late Bronze Age, most would have spoken either Hurrian or Indo-Aryan, but by the end of the 14th century, most of the Levant maryannu had Semitic names.” (wiki)

Incidentally, I just discovered that The Maryannu Chariot has also made its toony appearance in Civ6, for Egypt :)

Attached Files:

MightyToad likes this.
  20. pecheneg

pecheneg Warlord

Yes, heavy Assyrian chariots are not enough. I found something-but now I need to write urgently. I probably won't be able to post it until tomorrow.:wallbash:

:)The Mitanni charioteers are the prototype of the Assyrian ones. Assyria had been subject to the Mitanni for quite a long time - and had learned a bad lesson from them:wow: