[UNIT] Mighty Ships Et Al

I was referring to the whole part about firing whole physically modeled missiles that look cool as opposed to puffs of smoke. :)

I was browsing FF stuff. Looking for something to use as a shield. This energy beam reminded me of lightsabers. So, I used it.
Light. Frickin. Saber. :D

Attachments

• Lightsaber_warrior.rar
    42.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Lightsaber_Warrior.jpg
    Lightsaber_Warrior.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 215
A long time ago
In a galaxy far far away...

Spoiler Episode Eleven: Attack of the Failed Limerick :
JJ Abrams ain't got nuthin' on you

Spoiler p.s. :
I did notice however that you opted for the blue lightsaber, not the red...?

you opted for the blue lightsaber, not the red...?
The texture was already blue. :dunno:

Someone made a darth Vader leaderhead with a full size version. Could make a red one and rig Vader up. Maybe use that for a general or something.

Okay, somebody's been playing Jedi mind tricks on me. I feel certain I've seen full Star Wars sets around here... Jedi in hooded robes... (May the 4th be with all of you btw)

... Searching... 67% :scan:

Dumanios and strategyonly released Star Wars civs. Does anyone know if the most recent 'improved' edition is the one uploaded by Bryce3?

galactic-empire-civ-improved

Chuggi made some units, but the "much better Jedi and Sith" link is broken:

jedi-knight-collection

And besides the Vader LH, clanky4 put out all kinds of brilliant stuff:

resources/authors/clanky4

That's just some of the stuff that I can remember seeing.

Anyway, the blue lightsaber is outstanding. And General Vader with a red lightsaber would be awesome :king:

Aww, now y'all got me looking for Boba Fett :p

Last edited:
=I was referring to the whole part about firing whole physically modeled missiles that look cool as opposed to puffs of smoke. :)=
:yup:Yes, and they look right. ATGMs pass the main part of the trajectory by inertia, without smoke. I saw this fighter for Tiberium.

Thanks for bringing the SW stuff to my attention. Clanky4 has put out some outstanding stuff. Looks like I am treading over some previously done stuff. I couldn't find a working link to check out the lightsabers, but from description it probably used similar glowing effect. In any event lightsabers have been done. :deadhorse:

:agree: You are positively swimming in metachlorines, MT. Probably the highest pH count since before bloodtests.

And there is no such thing as beating a dead horse when it comes to Star Wars. I am wildly passionate about the first two SW movies and the two Ewok movies.

Fett...VIP
Thanks for the help pecheneg. I'm still searching for the Assyrian Tiger chariot. I did find some images of Mitanni warriors... I hope I won't be penalized too severely if I suggest they resemble Assyrians? :cringe:

What does everyone think about The Maryannu Chariot?

Spoiler Blurb on the Maryannu Chariot :
“Maryannu is an ancient word for the caste of chariot- mounted hereditary warrior nobility, which existed in many of the societies of the Middle East during the Bronze Age.

Robert Drews writes that the name maryannu, although plural, takes the singular marya, which in Sanskrit means 'young warrior', and attaches a Hurrian suffix. He suggests that at the beginning of the Late Bronze Age, most would have spoken either Hurrian or Indo-Aryan, but by the end of the 14th century, most of the Levant maryannu had Semitic names.” (wiki)

Incidentally, I just discovered that The Maryannu Chariot has also made its toony appearance in Civ6, for Egypt :)

Attachments

• Assyrian Armored Archer (Clean Image).jpg
    Assyrian Armored Archer (Clean Image).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Mitanni Bowman.jpg
    Mitanni Bowman.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Mitanni Maryannu Archer.jpg
    Mitanni Maryannu Archer.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Mitannian Maryannu Chariot HQ.jpeg
    Mitannian Maryannu Chariot HQ.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Rear Facing Chariot Archer.jpg
    Rear Facing Chariot Archer.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 50
I'm still searching for the Assyrian Tiger chariot.
Yes, heavy Assyrian chariots are not enough. I found something-but now I need to write urgently. I probably won't be able to post it until tomorrow.:wallbash:

I hope I won't be penalized too severely if I suggest they resemble Assyrians? :cringe:
:)The Mitanni charioteers are the prototype of the Assyrian ones. Assyria had been subject to the Mitanni for quite a long time - and had learned a bad lesson from them:wow:

I had to wonder how things are going with you Toad, what was it you were stuck on?
The Stargate ships have had my undivided attention. Too many problems to list, but I've spent most of my time troubleshooting. Every time I can't solve something it was because I made an assumption. "I distinctly remember checking that. Can't be that" ....It was that.
Anyway, the 304's are done I think. Unless Odyssey gets a cloak (no).

Currently on the 303. Still texturing, but nearly there.

Lastly will be the F302. So, will be a while longer.

Attachments

• BC304.jpg
    BC304.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 222
  • x303.jpg
    x303.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 200
The Stargate ships have had my undivided attention. Too many problems to list, but I've spent most of my time troubleshooting. Every time I can't solve something it was because I made an assumption. "I distinctly remember checking that. Can't be that" ....It was that.
Ah, the good old "That can't happen". Tip from a software developer: Things that can't happen will. Things that physically can happen do. Things you can mathematically prove can't happen always do.

We love you MightyToad! :hug:

Spoiler Formidable. Indeed. :D :
Bra’tac: Perhaps when the warships of your world attack, we may be able—

Carter: Ah ah ah. Excuse me. Did you say, “ships of our world”?

Bra’tac: Surely you have such vessels.

Jackson: Well, we have a number of… shuttles.

O’Neill: Shuttles.

Bra’tac: These “shuttles”, they are a formidable craft?

Top Bottom