Mighty Youtubers, civfanatics need you to check these things out

If I understand it correctly they have access to full game for over a week, don't they? Or even not over a week, but full time from Sept 21 to release?

Where did you get this info. from?

I thought they would have access to a pre-release version, not full version of the game.

Where did you get this info. from?

I thought they will have access to a pre-release version, not full version of the game.

Full version probably isn't done yet so how would they get that?

I'm guessing the code will be active for a week then shut down like Beyond Earth. I also expect Ryan (Solar Gamer ) to procrastinate and have it shut off after only making a couple of episodes. I'm guessing quill and marby will play non-stop.

One more thing: please figure out whether multiple copies of the same luxury provide amenities to extra cities! All we know for sure is 1 Luxury = amenity for 4 cities. If I have 5 cities, will having 2 copies of tobacco help, or is every redundant copy simply trade fodder?

Ok pre-release not full, 8 days not a month. Still, my main point was that full week is plenty of time to play and also make some "theory" video. Its not like they get 4 hours so they are in stress and just run through game.

I can imagine Marbozir making 5min video where he hovers over every tooltip in science and civic trees for 3 seconds (or hovers much longer and talks about it). But I do agree that we don't need to know every detail.

Yes, any caster could do that if they wanted to. But it seems to be the type of thing that the publisher would ask them not to do as part of being given access to the early build. They could work on such a feature to go up the day the game comes out. For the last press build they were asked not to reveal the late tech and civic trees, not to use civilpedia or reveal religion before Firaxis. Several casters like FilthyRobot and Lewis alluded to that in their commentary (and obviously several sites made unintentional mistakes, didn't listen or didn't care). Marbozir already mentioned in this thread that he had worked on more videos about tech and civics last time but could not get approval to publish them. So the NDA will lift on the 29th but there certainly could still be conditions on what may be revealed.

Ok pre-release not full, 8 days not a month. Still, my main point was that full week is plenty of time to play and also make some "theory" video. Its not like they get 4 hours so they are in stress and just run through game.

Yes, but we do not know what the build they get really contains? Like previously, it might be limited to some point.

I do not think they will give out everything just about a month before the release.

I want to see a player go absolutely expansion nuts:crazyeye:, full-on ICS stuff. To see what, if anything, is in place to prevent such a playstyle and how fierce those mechanics are once triggered. All the dev videos have been "glorious" empires of 5 small villages...

I want to see a player go absolutely expansion nuts:crazyeye:, full-on ICS stuff. To see what, if anything, is in place to prevent such a playstyle and how fierce those mechanics are once triggered. All the dev videos have been "glorious" empires of 5 small villages...

I requested this very thing earlier in the thread :lol: Think it's in the OP now (though I described it as REXing rather than ICS, it's a more neutral term ;)).

I requested this very thing earlier in the thread :lol: Think it's in the OP now (though I described it as REXing rather than ICS, it's a more neutral term ;)).

I saw you asked for something similar, but what I meant was more this: expand! expand! expand! to hell with everything else, and see if this cripples your play (it should, hopefully). You are asking for a large, well organized empire, I'm asking for an empire stretched so thin its practically see-through:lol:. The difference is small, but important.

I saw you asked for something similar, but what I meant was more this: expand! expand! expand! to hell with everything else, and see if this cripples your play (it should, hopefully). You are asking for a large, well organized empire, I'm asking for an empire stretched so thin its practically see-through:lol:. The difference is small, but important.

Fair enough! :)

Yea, and they also have to stamp out the CDs soon.
I would imagine that the gold disc will be burned by the 1st... If not already. They have to get review copies to the reviewers in tune for the reviews to hit by release, plus they have to get the hard copies to the B&M stores. I figure a week or two for disc production and packaging, then shipping. All work on the game should be complete by now.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

All work on the game should be complete by now.

No way, they will be working on the game up to actual release ( there will be a patch release day for those that installed via CD), and beyond. Just because they went gold doesn't mean they stop working on the game.

No way, they will be working on the game up to actual release ( there will be a patch release day for those that installed via CD), and beyond. Just because they went gold doesn't mean they stop working on the game.

This.

There is a pretty good chance there will be a day 1 patch.

Agree, although radical changes are out at this point. There will be a day one patch I'm guessing but it's gotta be close to final soon.

I assume the only thing left are bug fixing and such, the game should be feature complete at this point.

It was feature complete four months ago etc.

Some icons were missing.

The rest is balance, bugs...

Good catch, all of you! You almost left me with no questions left to make about the game. Almost. Here are my other doubts:

- Where do paleontologists fit into this? Do dinosaur bones and the likes takes the same "artifact" slot as archeological findings?

- Can naturalists plant / restore forests and rainforests?

- Knowing that early tourism will be a thing (with religious relics and the likes) which are the other effects of tourism other than winning cultural victories?

- Will ideological preassure be a thing again?

- Which are the effects of railoads? Do you have to build them, or do roads auto-upgrade to them?

- How the hell appeal works. Like, seriously, this is a central game mechanic, yet we don't even know if it works on a city or tile basis or what

- Is appeal as easy to get as it seems? There doesn't seem to be many things that would make appeal go down other than industrial districts

- What are great prophets worth for, once you fund a religion?

- How do you add additional beliefs to your religion after funding it?

- Which are the effects of excess and lack of amenities?

- Is there any building / wonder / policy out there that increases the sea's abysmal tile yields? Are coastatal cities as sucky as they seem?

They also have to sent the final version of the game to steam at least few weeks before the actual release or even month before.

I would really like to know if its really possible to lock the tech tree to a specific era like it was done with mods in civ V. I have heard rumors about this feature to be added but I would like to know for sure.

Strange questions.

People seems to ask question that has already been answered fully by the released videos.

Then there is this bunch of silly questions underlying engine behavior that isn't shown by the UI... One persons guess is just as bad as anyone else, if the UI doesn't tell us how the game choose the leader when you select random, I'm fairly sure no one else is going to come up with a better answer than you can think of yourself for how it's done.

Then there is the fact that it would be the worlds most boring videos ever if they used this thread as guide.

The only thing the pre-release videos should show is interesting playthroughs, at least if they actually want any views.

Top Bottom