Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amin001, Jul 7, 2007.
Most of them want 9/11 properly investigated, IIRC, they don't claim that the government did it.
It was exhaustively investigated and there is a HUGE pdf you can download and read if you like. Why should the government pander to every tin-foil head wrapped wingnut who probably also believe we never went to the moon and that Elvis is really the supreme commander of the Asgard fleet?
(585 pages, 2.3MB)
idk, some people are thick enough to believe he insinuated we did it.
especially giuliani. the thickest brick in all of NYC.
I'm embarrassed that the person I support believes this crap to be possible, but then me and Paul disagree on national security in general so whateva.
But he doesn't believe that 9/11 was an inside job or anything like that--or if he does, he's never said so. As I understand it, he just thinks that some things were covered up to make the government look less incompetent than it actually was. That's not an unreasonable belief, given how much information the government routinely conceals from us.
9/11 HAS been properly investigated...over and over again.
No it hasn't. There has been no independant investigation on it as far as I know. The official story is a conspiracy theory as well.
Come on people. Just put it to rest- We the United States of America were exploited and manipulated by terrorists with a specific intent of harming us. We overcame that and reacted as fast as we could to punish those responsible and went into Afghanistan. Then that whole other mess started, but that was not entirely due to 9/11.
9/11 was not a conspiracy set up by the United States government nor by the United States military. One thing that is interesting is that many people were mad at the government saying that they shot down that 1 flight, crying "conspiracy!", yet now people are mad at the government for not being able to shoot down the hijacked planes.
I didn't watch the videos, just commenting on this little unfortunately turned 9/11 conspiracy thread.
Probably not, but it is possible that it might've not been OBL, after all, IIRC, FBI has no hard evidence to connect him to 9/11.
Maddox wrote something about the september 11th conspiracy nuts Anyway Ron Paul wasn't getting my vote anyway *shrugs* O snap I can vote this year! wee!
Except the fact that he claims he was responsible.
That's not hard evidence, that's just a claim. He has benefited enourmously from the (in)fame received --- after all, previously he was a small player. So he has a reason why he would claim to be responsible.
Why didn't anyone else claim it then?
I don't know, but the fact that there's no hard evidence connecting him to 9/11, does leave legimate suspicions whether the official story is correct.
Precisely. When confronted by the simple question "why" its 'I dont know'. Guess what...perhaps he claimed he planned it because he DID plan it.
Most often the answer is the simplest answer and its the one right in front of your face. You just gotta choose to see it.
No hard evidence? Dude they have film/tape of him referring to it over and over. Not of anyone else, but HIM.
Someones in denial and it aint me.
The funny thing is, I see these words and I think of so many things:
- 9/11 conspiracy theories
- global warming denial
- the 'Falklands War was deliberately allowed to happen' theory
- the 'Bush didn't lie about Iraq's WMD' crowd
- Holocaust denial
- New Orleans got hit by a hurricane/northerrn England got flooded because of our sins
- Cuba would be a fantastic place to live if only the US got off its back
- if I blow myself up I get to paradise
People have a remarkable ability to deny the f'ing obvious, and an even more remarkable ability to spot it in other people whilst totally ignoring it in themselves...
From the top:
- 19 bad people flew planes into buildings - end of.
- it's happening; whether you believe it or not is only relevant to the chances of solving it.
- Nope: Maggie was a fool not a crook. Though she did feed defence pay-offs to young Mark...
- Yes: Bush and his cronies lied like troopers; get over it.
- Visit Auschwitz and face facts. It happened.
- There is no imaginary friend, nor does he/she/it give a damn who we sleep with, if we eat pork, work on the Sabbath, pray or fart in church. Sorry.
- Cuba is not free: it may be better than other socialist 'paradises', but that is a very relative thing. It's still not a good place to live.
- Hardly needs refuting; it takes a particularly warped imaginary friend to reward people for doing evil things...if believing in imaginary friends warrants medication, this warrants regular doses of the strong stuff and a padded jacket.
9/11 wasn't a inside job, I don't think the government could pull it off. Look at WaterGate and Abu Ghraib, if they couldn't keep stuff like that under wraps I don't think they could pull off a job like 9/11
Apparently the FBI is in denial then too.
Look, I'm not a 9/11 conspiracy theorist -- I don't find the subject that interesting -- but when FBI releases statements like this (by Rex Tomb) The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.
Therefore, (and also given that OBL has allegedly made contrary statements about his involvement in 9/11) I believe there is space for legimate doubt and need for another investigation.
Funny, I thought the same thing about candidates making speeches at Bob Jones University.
Separate names with a comma.