MilarNES IV: Dawn of Ages

Milarqui

Deity
This is my newest attempt to mod a NES. Hopefully, I'll have more time and it will more successful than my previous attempts.

Without further ado, this is...

MilarNES IV: Dawn of Ages

This NES is a Fresh-Start NES. For those that are not in the know, a Fresh-Start NES involves creating your nation pretty much from the foundations. Well, you are actually building its foundations, for you are going to start with just your capital city and some terrains near it (admittedly, it is going to be relatively large). As time passes, your territory will grow, and you will eventually meet other nations, with which you will be able to hold diplomatic contact, trade and perhaps more.

Stats
If you have ever played some other classical Nation/Stat-based NESes, you will know that your nation will have stats, upon which your ability to make things and work on projects will rely upon. It is usually something along EP (Economic Points), Army/Navy Units, Stability, etcetera, etcetera.

This NES is quite unlike a classical NES, because stats here will work VERY differently.

Each nation will have 8 basic Stats: Economy, Culture, Influence, Technology, Army, Navy, Air Force and Magic. Each of these stats will then have a set of sub-stats, which will be defined by each of you players.
  • Economy: those that are related to the obtaining and movement of goods through your nation.
  • Culture: those things that impulse your nation's culture. Religion is included here.
  • Influence: related to the things within your nation that can have influence in the policies of your nation. For example, a Council, an organization that sends ambassadors to foreign tribes and nations or other similar things.
  • Technology: anything that relates to the advancement of your knowledge, tools and weapons.
  • Army: your land units. They will be useful in expanding your hold over terrain, and attacking and defending from enemy land units.
  • Navy: your sea units. Crossing the seas will be impossible if you don't invest in this.
  • Air Force: your air units. While, initially, they will be of no importance, they will later be useful as transports or powerful support from above for land and sea units.
  • Magic: any units that use magic go here. Of course, depending on how your people use magic, then maybe some of these units belong to other place. It also includes any investigative work you do with magic.

The Stats will then have 2 numbers attached to it
  • The Dice Pool. This will be divided between the different sub-stats (for example, if Economy has a Dice Pool of 12, it could be divided in 5 for Mines, 3 for Trade Routes and 5 for Roads) and are the basis for all the actions. When you decide to do something (for example, you want to expand the size of the Mines) you allocate a number of dice to said action (in our example, you could allocate up to 5 dice from the Mines, plus any others from other stats) and, depending on the numbers obtained, you gain new dice in that sub-stat. A sub-stat's maximum is 10.
  • The Success Rate. This is expressed in terms of a percentage, and determines the possibility of an action being successful. For example, in the previous example, if Economy were to have a 60% Success Rate, then 6 out of each 10 times you will succeed.

Actions & Orders
Every turn, you will be able to spend all of your Dice Pool in improving your stats. The Dice Pool is not used up, though: when a sub-stat gains a dice, it can only be lost through enemy action, time and random events. The success of the action, of course, will depend on the Success Rate associated with the corresponding Stat. Of course, this expense must have some reasoning behind it: you cannot hope to build up your army by investing the Dice Pool for Roads, but if you use what you have in Iron Mines, then it is possible to do so.

About Orders, well, these are easy: you have to tell me which dice you want to spend on each thing.

Stories
In some NESes, stories can get you a little something sometimes. In others, stories are fundamental for you. Here, I will take a middle approach: all stories will gain rewards.

Of course, the size of these rewards will depend on the length of the story and how good I felt it was (yeah, subjective, but, well, it is not easy to be objective), although if you write it well, I'll give you points.

For most stories, the rewards will be a temporary boost to the Success Rate of one of the Stats or extra dice added to the action described in the story. For example, if your story is about your soldiers getting ready for a battle with an enemy that threatens your nation, then you might get a slightly higher chance of success or more possibilities of winning. However, if it is about the markets in the capital, then you can get those for the development of a market system or even for the creation of an economic system based on the coin instead of barter.

However, for really good stories, there will be extra dice directly added to a sub-stat. If you write about the training your mages undergo with good detail? Then your mages can get, at least, 1 dice to a sub-stat about Training, under the Stat Magic.

When you are beginning...
When you begin, I will need the following data:
  • Nation Name: how your nation will call itself. If you add the name of the people (e.g. the people from Liverpool are called Liverpudlians or Liverpoolers), then you make it easier for me.
  • Race: name and an explanation of what your people are. Make sure that you can play as something you are willing to be. For example, if you play as a bunch of guys that hate to cut off trees, make sure that you actually follow on those rules or suffer.
  • Starting place: well, if I didn't know this, then it would be difficult for me to place you somewhere, right?
  • Color: this helps distinguish your nation from others. If you give me the RGB code for your color, great. If not, I'll try to get the most similar color to what you want.
  • Stat Allocation: you begin with 28 dice and a total 400% Success Rate. The 28 dice must be given to each stat in "packs" of decreasing size (from 7 to 0), with Air Force getting 0 dice by principle: you can create your initial sub-stats at the same time (but, please, make sure it is something that fits with the current technological level, which at the beginning is the Stone Age). As for the Success Rate, each of the 8 stats has a Success Rate between 30% and 70%.
  • Background: this one is optional, but helps me work on updates about you.
  • Magic: a short explanation of how your magic works and is structured. If it depends on rituals, uses runes, depends on special charms, everybody is able to use it or only a few... The best you explain it, the best for you (and the more diverse, the more you can get away with :lol:).

Orders
This is a set of orders based on the stats I published on the New NESes thread:
Spoiler :
28 Dice in Economy
- 9 dice are to be invested in improving the situation in Africa, building up the economy, creating a better road system and improving the farms to give the people more foodstuffs.
- 8 dice are to be invested in Ireland, with the main objectives being to expand the holdings in that region and build many farms to feed the colones and natives.
- 7 dice are to be invested in improving the Iron and Copper mines in all of Tartessos, so that they can be expanded and the ores extracted from them are better made use of.
- 4 dice to improve the Ports, because they are becoming more important since we are going to have several territories far from the Iberian Peninsula.
- If any of these ventures are successful with less dice than the ones used, those remaining dice will be used in improving the Gold mines.

19 dice in Army
- 11 dice will be invested in having the Army expand in continental Africa, with priorities being recovering all the land lost in the War against the Undead and taking over as much of the northern coast. Special care is to be put so that no territory taken is in the Sahara Desert (stay just in the limit).
- 8 dice will be invested in having the Army travel with the Navy and take over two groups of islands: Ireland plus all the surrounding smaller islands (like the Isle of Man), and the Canary Islands plus Madeira.
- If any of these ventures are successful with less dice than the ones used, those remaining dice will be used either to help conquer the Azores or to help conquer Cape Verde.

14 dice in Navy
- 9 dice-worth ships are to be sent to Ireland, so that they may take over said island and help settle it completely – with any remaining natives' help – before the Ursul may arrive and do the same (I expect me to have more chances because I am nearer and my guys are more human-like than the Ursul).
- 5 dice-worth of ships shall be sent to take control of the Canary Islands and start taking colones there. - If any of both ventures succeeds without using all the dice, the remaining dice shall be used to launch an expedition to either the Azores or Cape Verde, taking the Army with them.

22 dice in Magic
- 12 dice will be used to start Proyecto Pájaro (Project Bird): the development, creation, construction and manufacture of a magical aircraft that shall become part of the Army and the Navy. The aircraft should be built in the following way:
1. The Magical Investigators will develop a way to absorb, store, refine and expel Air Elemental Magic in a cubic box made of Magical Iron. Probably, this should be done by engraving the Magical Runes for Absorption, Storage, Air, Change, Improve and Connection in said box, with Absorption-Connection, Change-Improve and Air-Storage at opposite faces (Will try to create the runes later and post it as a story).
2. Then, a square sheet also made of Magical Iron shall be engraved: the upper side will be engraved with the Magical Runes for Connection and Flow , while the lower side will be engraved with the Runes for Union (short story, it acts like magical Super-Glue, but even stronger), Connection, Air and Weight (these two joined with a line so that the craft has the “weight of air”).
3. The box will be fixed so that the Connection runes face each other and the faces of the box are parallel to the borders of the sheet. Small quantities of Magical Iron will be poured in the connection between the box and the sheet so that it is perfectly fixed.
4. A 3-meter-long column made of Magical Iron and engraved with the Runes for North, South, East and West will be fixed to the center of the sheet, just under the point where the box is. The column should have a groove where a wheel can be inserted, which will be used to tell the craft in which direction and at which speed should it go.
5. A wooden box will be fixed in the side of the sheet where the column is, leaving a hole in the upper part so that the column may pass through it. Several windows will be opened in the sides of the box so that the soldiers riding the Pájaro (the aircraft's name) may shoot arrows or magical spells from the box, as well as get out of the Pájaro once it lands.
6. Four Magical Iron sheets will be fixed at the sides of the box, with the uppermost part being at the same level of the upper side of the Support Sheet (the square sheet). The side that will be fixed to the box will have an Union Rune and a Control Rune, and the other side will have thirteen runes: the ones for the Eight Elements (clockwise from the 12-o'clock position: Air, Fire, Light, Space, Earth, Water, Darkness and Time) forming a circle, the runes for Attraction, Absorption, Expulsion and Flow (so that it Attracts projectiles, Absorbs and Expels magical energy and lets the same magical energy Flow through the sheet) and, in the center, the rune for Control (allowing the Mago in the craft control over what each sheet does).
The craft on itself should work this way:
I. The box absorbs and stores magical energy within itself, be it ambient magic or a Mago's magical energy. Air magical energy it's the one the box absorbs easier, but any other will also do.
II. The stored magical energy constantly refines itself thanks to the Change and Improve runes, thus becoming much more powerful with little expense of magic (I know this violates the Laws of Thermodynamics, but hell, it's magic!).
III. Through the Connection runes between the box and the Support Sheet, magical energy flows from the box to the Support Sheet.
IV. The energy in the Support Sheet flows to the Side Sheets.
V. The Directional Column within the box tells the Support Sheet in which direction Air energy should be sent in order to impulse the Pájaro. Height is also directed from the box, as well as the use of the “special weaponry”..
VI. The Side Sheets can expel magical energy of all the Elements as low-level but high-powered spells thanks to the Expulsion Rune (for example, Fireballs can be sent by activating Fire and Expulsion Runes). Also, the Side Sheets can attract all projectiles thanks to the Attraction Rune and absorb the magical projectiles with the Absorption Rune. The absorbed energy may flow back to the box so that it is stored (a very good way to recharge the box is to shoot spells at these Sheets) or it may be used to shoot more spells back at the attacker.
VII. The box should be able to have up to 10 people without much problem (more could be possible, but it might require more energy expense). All these people would be able to attack at any enemies out of the craft, thus providing a possible distraction in favor of the ground attackers and/or turn the tide of the battle in Tartessos' favor.
VIII. Once it lands, and all people inside have left the box, it should seal itself so that no enemy may try to board into it: it only should answer to Tartessians that are doing this willingly.
The Pájaro Aircraft can be seen in the joint PNG.
- 5 dice will be used so that the Magos Elementales work with the Componente de Asedio to build catapults and battering rams that have been infused with Fire Elemental Magic so that they throw fire-covered projectiles (the catapults) and the battering rams are covered in fire when they hit the doors (think the giant battering ram the Orks use in The Return of the King to destroy Minas Tirith's main doors).
- 5 dice shall be used to research a way to make Magical Iron at a large scale.
- Any dice that hasn't been needed to have success in any of the things I've mentioned are to be used to work with the Equipos de Sabios to investigate ways to mix magic and technology to make far more powerful weaponry and tools.

16 dice in Culture
- 8 dice will be used to expand the religion of Gaianismo in our land.
- 6 dice are to be used to convert people in Ireland in order to have them join the Reyno de Tartessos
- 2 to help the expansion of the Reyno de Tartessos in Africa (staying away from the Sahara Desert) and into the Canary Islands

16 dice in Influence
- 12 on expanding into Ireland and beyond (Faeroe Islands?)
- 4 in getting control of as much of Africa as possible (of course, taking the Sea of Sand Treaty into account) and the Canary Islands, recovering the Unclaimed Territories being a priority.

22 dice in Technology
- 11 will be used to improve the technology used in the nation, especially the technology used by the Gremio de Forjadores, the Gremio de Maestros and the Equipos de Sabios to make investigations
- 6 dice will be used to work with the Magos Elementales to investigate ways to mix magic and technology to make far more powerful weaponry and tools.
- 5 dice will be used to create a ship that will be able to hold several Pájaros so that they can be used in sea battlers (aircraft carriers in the Iron Age!)

If you ever want to make a project of a special kind (like the mentioned Proyecto Pájaro in the stats) you have to do it by phases, by first creating the base from which you get everything else. In my case, I first developed my iron industry and my runic magic, then Magical Iron to create iron able to absorb magic and use it for anything, and finally the Project itself, which was to create the first flying machine, using magic to power up everything.

Nation Name: Kabol (Kabalite)
Race:
Malash:
The Malash are colorful diminutive (at most 5 inches tall) winged humanoid creatures. Living throughout the world, most Malach groups are small tribal organizations, living alongside, but out sight, of most of the other races. Only in the Kabolite Mountains have the Malash been able to truly prosper, as the distance allowed the Malash to multiply and convert the hidden fertile valleys into true paradise for their people. Living in tunnels carved out of the mountain and in homes built in trees and large fungus, the malash of Kabol are able to thrive.

Starting place: Somewhere DEEP within a mountain range (Himalayas) .

Color: Purple

Stat Allocation:
Economy: 5 (70%)
Hidden passes to outside (1) - Hidden passes and minute tunnels connect Kabol to the outside
Mushroom Farms (2) - Both living space and food
Domesticated Yeti Farms (2) - Brute Labor as well as Milk
Culture: 4 (70%)
Stonework (2) - Complex Artistry
Oral Histories (2) - Stories
Influence: 3 (30%)
Gift of the Tongue (3) - The Malash, using magic, can instinctively speak the languages of others.
Technology: 6 (70%)
Big-Armor (4) - With Magic, Essentially Magical carved stone powerarmor suits that the Malash wear to be as big as other people.
Life Shaping (2) - Again, with a bit of magic, the shaping of plants and animals to grow as the Malash wish
Army: 2 (30%)
Guerrilla Warfare (2) - The Diminuitive size of Malash make them fear direct confrontation, and prefer striking from the shadows and withdrawing.
Navy: 0 (10%)
(No Ships/No Real Rivers)
Air Force: 1 (50%)
Winged Combat: 1 - Some malash are naturally talented towards fighting while on the wing.
Magic: 7 (70%)
Channelling: 3 - Forcing magic to respond to Individual Malash's will.
Enchantment (2) - Enchanting Objects (See Big-Armor, but also Arts and Artifacts)
Life Shaping (2) - Again, with a bit of Technology, the shaping of plants and animals to grow as the Malash wish

Magic:
Magic is an intrinsic part of the Malash, with many believing that only magic allows the malash to be intelligent despite thier diminutive size. As children, Malash magic is unfocused, manifesting entirely through emotion with little control. Upon coming of age, many Malash feel a longing, drawing them to a specific place where they will find an object (A leaf, a particular rock, a stick, a bone, something.) This object will bind itself to their person in a specific area, located near their magical core (On their forehead or stomach, usually, though some may find this object to bind itself to an arm or hand.) This object becomes enfused with the magic of the Malash, and allow them to focus it with their will (Think A wand, from Harry Potter.) While most malash are taught Magic in terms of spells and gestures, the truly powerful and experienced Malash simply will magic to respond as they wish.

Is this right? or am I missing something?

Thinking about playing as Muslim Desert Elves.

OOC: I really hope this lasts longer than your last attempt. *looks at players*

Nation Name: Nikota (Nikoti)

Race: Iconish
Iconish are a race of lithe beings who live just about anywhere with nature. While their traditional interpretation of this is the forest, many see this as the sea or mountains as well. They are agile, though not particularly strong. All Iconish have some magical ability (see below), but only the rarest and most gifted may tap into enough magic to be called a "mage" by the common sense of the word. The people have little to no uniting force other than their race and tongue. As a rule however, they tend to be isolationist and xenophobic.

Starting Place: Anywhere, though I would prefer forest. Number 2 would be coast. Poland. 'Nuff Said.

Color: 138/124/47

Stat Allocation:

Economy: 7 (70%)
- 4 Lumber production & carpentry
- 2 Agriculture
- 1 Fishing
Culture: 1 (50%)
- 1 Art
Influence: 5 (30%)
- 3 Bureaucracy
- 1 Corrupt State
- 1 Strong-Arm Diplomacy
Technology: 6 (70%)
- 3 Raw Resource Production
- 1 Weaponry
- 2 Infrastructure
Army: 4 (60%)
- 2 Archery
- 1 Melee
- 1 Rough Terrain Expertise
Navy: 2 (40%)
- 2 Skiffs
Air Force: 0 (30%)
Magic: 3 (50%)
- 2 Alteration
- 1 Enchanting

Magic:
Iconish people have a mixed gift with magic. They naturally draw upon the currents of the world to achieve their goals. However, this type of magic presents some inherit issues. Foremost is that they simply do not have the raw energy to undergo complex spells, such as destructive abilities for use in battle. However, this type of magic lends itself almost perfectly to alteration and enchanting, allowing them to subtly manipulate the world as they see fit. The true "mages" of this race have a innate ability to seemingly create energy out of nothing, making them some of the most powerful individuals ever seen. However, they are exceptionally rare and difficult to keep ahold of. Therefore, they are counted as untrustworthy at best.

Nation Name: Axartha (Adjective: Axarthan)

Race: Anyone they conquer. To begin with, immortal human.

Starting place: Bayamo, Cuba

Color: 92/0/100, or 5C0064 in hex code

Stat Allocation:
Economy 4 (40%): Farming 3, Slave Labour 1
Culture 2 (40%): Religion 2
Influence 6 (70%): Magocracy 3, Espionage 1, Embassies 1, Bureaucracy 1
Technology 3 (70%): Libraries 3
Army 5 (40%): Infantry 5
Navy 1 (40%): Biremes 1
Air Force 0 (30%): Empty
Magic 7 (70%): Summoning 3, Item Enchantment 1, Mortal Command 3

Background: One hundred powerful, immortal sorcerors. They mean to carve out an empire for themselves and their gods, but have to somehow persuade others to join them. Vaguely oppressive, imperialistic, obsessed with magic, rather ominous design aesthetic - yes, I plan on being an antagonist, what gave it away?

Magic: Mana is a finite resource in the world, only so much to go around. So goes their teachings, and so is it borne out by evidence. The Hectomages (hecto-: prefix for "hundred of" the way kilo- is for "thousand of" and milli- is for "thousandth of" - obscure prefixes FTW :D) can channel it, and teach others to channel it. Magic is accomplished through rituals, which gain in power according to the number of casters. Summoning demons is a fairly common trick, particularly for stronger mages. Summoned demons, along with regular ol' pointy-stick-equipped men, also forms the bulk of armies. Even the Hectomages fight with weaponry (though magic-imbued), because rituals are not suited to battle conditions.

I claim Turkey for my nation of Desert Elves :p

Nation Name: The Tridians, The Nation of Tridia
Race: They are a race of four armed humanoid beings, standing in average about six foot five. They are specially built for, with minimal need for food or water. However, they have a penchant for shiny things, and are quick to steal.
Starting place: Southern Italy
Color: Light Blue.
Stat Allocation: Airforce: 0 (40%)
Economy: 7 (70%)
-Trade Routes: 4
-Vineyards/Farming: 2
-Fishing: 1
Navy: 6 (70%)
-Trading Ships: 3
-Triremes: 1
-Barges: 2
Influence: 3 (50%)
-Gunboat Diplomacy: 1
-Bribes: 2
Magic: 4 (40%)
-Summoning: 2
-Golems: 1
-Weather Control: 1
Army: 5 (60%)
-Mercenaries: 2
-Cavalry: 1
-Infantry: 1
-Logistics: 1
Technology: 2 (40%)
-Exploration: 1
-Engineering: 1
Culture: 1 (30%)
-Arts: 1

Background: The Tridians originally migrated from the steppes, where encroaching enemies forced them to flee. Settling in southern France, they built up a living over several centuries before being forced away once again by a famine. Once again setting up shop in fertile lands, this time southern Italy, they turned to the sea for trade and sustenance. Slowly, they created a trade empire, even grabbing Gibraltar for themselves.
Magic: Most Tridians are able to use magic, and a squib is a rare tragedy. The magic itself is divided into a multitude of classes: Destruction, Illusion, Animation, Summoning, healing, etc. Most people are able to use all kinds, but excel at one type. This leads to an easy identification and training of mages, and allows for a quick and easy way to make a Mage corps. The thing, however, that is most used is golems. These are clay or stone creatures who are animated and can do various tasks. Additionally, due to their naval ways, weather control has been mastered in particular.

This looks fun. I'll try to work on something for this. :)

Nation Name: The Silent Moon, a.k.a. The Pariahs, to other nations.
"We are mute but not without honor,
We are silent but not without resolve,
We are untouchable but not without courage,
We are the ones that holds true power
"

Race: These are a race of grace full elves, who has been forced out of their own homes. They have the genetic disorder of not being able to perform any magic, for which they are looked down upon by their elvish cousins.
Starting place: Greek Isthmus - Hungary- Bulgaria ish region (or any place close to our Elf cousins )
Color: Red
Stat Allocation:
Economy: 6 (60%)
(Quarry: 1, Harvest: 2, Hunting Parties : 1, Domesticated Animals :1, Fishing 1)
Culture: 4 (40%)
(Rock Carvings (Petroglyphs):2, Ritual of Life & Death :2 )
Influence: 3 (40%)
(Queen Mother: 2, Priesthood: 1)
Technology: 7 (80%)
(Pulley : 2, Exploration & Mapping: 1, Pottery : 2, Flint Working :2 )
Army: 5 (80%)
(Infantry : 4, Scouts : 1)
Navy: 2 (80%)(LogBoats: 2)
Air Force: 0
Magic: 1 (20%)(Mage Training 1)

Background:
A Silent Moon, also known as an Untouchable and a Pariah, is an elf who possesses the rare Pariah Gene that makes them unable to perform any magic at all. The elves consider us cursed, the curse itself being called the "Curse of the Void", and we have been mistreated and hunted down for ages. Some 300 years ago, one such unfortunate leader, our Queen Mother, Jenetia Krolle, came to realize that there must be some steps that must be taken in order to save these unfortunate beings. It was then that the Imperium of Silent Moon was created.

About the Pariahs ~ The curse of the Void.
To an elf, its unnatural that an Elf can not perform any magic. He is either too stupid or is cursed. These heretic beings are not tolerated with in the elvish domains. The Pariahs however, had one unique ability that was rare, and was feared. When ever a Pariah would come in clear-sight of anyone who could do magic, the Pariah would start to leak out its magical capability slowly. This very effect often make others uncomfortable in the presence of a Pariah, characterized by sweating and bloody eyes.

Higher levels of these Pariahs actually have vastly increased power :
Null Maidens - Usually among females, these can locate mages or sources of any magic.
Vigilator - A Vigilator is capable of sustaining vigorous amount of punishment, before falling in a fight.
Oblivion Knight - A knight often forms the core of the Silent Moon army. They can replicate, once, obviously a weaker version of any magic, that they have observed being performed. It is believed that there are several Oblivion Knights, in hiding, with the Elvish Kingdom.
Excrutiatus - Excrutiatus wear their trade mark Red Cloaks; A simple touch of an excrutiatus is enough to blast all mana capacity of any mage causing excruciating pain in the process. Some of these have earned quite a name for their astounding ability to carry out assassination missions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping that this will be approved...
No one wants to be the bad guy. Here I am.

That means I can be a good guy. :D

Gonna bring in some cat people from an unrelated project, by the way. Keep Normandy open.

Great development of nations, guys! Hope to see more soon! However, the already existing ones have a few problems:
- thomas.berubeg (Kabol): Air Force should be at 0, you are missing the sub-stats and I'd love to have something a bit more specific in regards to location.
- Nintz (Nikota): missing sub-stats.
- talonschild (Axartha): no problem. Though, the whole "Mana in the world is limited" is probably limited to the form of magic your guys use. Also, your Religion could use a name.
- Arrow Gamer (Tridia): sorry, you get no outposts, you are supposed to be a new, emergent nation (think Rome in the beginnings of the Kingdom stage). Your technology is around the Stone Age level (which I mentioned several times already), so the "Carracks", "Gunboat Diplomacy", and "Naval Yards" are somewhat out of your reach. And you know no foreign nations, so the Embassies should go.
- bonefang (The Silent Moon): "You begin with 28 dice and a total 400% Success Rate. The 28 dice must be given to each stat in "packs" of decreasing size (from 7 to 0), with Air Force getting 0 dice by principle". Your people's ability to force other elves' magic to leak out is, on itself, a sort of Magic.

Also, please check this post: it contains several possible ideas on how you can develop your substats, and be original. You also can, if you want, add short descriptions about your substats (like I did) for the flavor if nothing.

Sorry - I didn't see the Stone Age thing. (For that matter, a Find on this page still doesn't turn anything up).
Religion name (at least, unless I come up with something better): the Ashen Veil. It's symbolic, see: There is more power just behind the next layer, but to pass through you must get increasingly dirtied.
Viz. the mana thing - of course, though I see it as loosely tied to the magic of the world in general: the more magic being practiced in the world, the harder for any individual or group to cast a powerful spell.
Spoiler :
Hence the necessity to conquer everyone, to stop them hogging the magic.
And bonefang - bring it. In the shadows, mine are as evil as they come.

Sorry - I didn't see the Stone Age thing. (For that matter, a Find on this page still doesn't turn anything up).
Religion name (at least, unless I come up with something better): the Ashen Veil. It's symbolic, see: There is more power just behind the next layer, but to pass through you must get increasingly dirtied.
Viz. the mana thing - of course, though I see it as loosely tied to the magic of the world in general: the more magic being practiced in the world, the harder for any individual or group to cast a powerful spell.
Spoiler :
Hence the necessity to conquer everyone, to stop them hogging the magic.
And bonefang - bring it. In the shadows, mine are as evil as they come.

Whoops, you are right. I thought that, since this was a Fresh Start, you guys would assume you were at a Stone Age level.

Though, now your comments have sparked in me the idea of a Fresh Start with more modern things. Well, that's for the future...

Top Bottom