[G&K] Militaristic city State Unit Gift Redesign

The Grimwar

Chieftain
I think that really, the city states should gift you unique units ALL the time, I mean, hear me out. i think that militaristic citystate friends and allies should gift you unique units ALL the time, based on what era you're in, oh, and if both you and the city has settlements on the coast, you should have an option to acquire naval or land units, like Dromons, Quinqerimes, or Samurai, Hoplites, Minutemen, and you could also ask for aircraft.

I'd like to see this as a mini-mod, but there's a 0% chance this is getting in the main project. Just being realistic, I don't make the calls.

What? Do you think being allied with a militaristic CS isn't good enough? XD If you dislike the units they gift you, gift them yourself to another CS to increase influence. Gift all of them to the same CS if you want it to rock! So, in a sense, they are providing you units to fight with or means to befriend other states.
If any militaristic CS gave you all those unique units, you won't have any reason for another militaristic CS ally. Just one and you are golden.
Militaristic CS are giving you mostly science, which is rather good. Free science with no extra cost for having more cities. The only backward thing for me is that, if you lose friendly status for a while, then you have to begin the count again for the next unit to be gifted.

Unless people agree that militaristic CS are too weak compared to the others, I don't see this change needed. As ElliotS, it might be interesting for one mod, maybe, where balance is not an issue. :)

TIP: Build all your XP buildings in the closest city with your militaristic ally, where gifted units spawn.

Well, when have they ever gifted SHIPS? And i would just like to make them a bit more valuable as the only source of other civ's unique units right?

What? Do you think being allied with a militaristic CS isn't good enough? XD If you dislike the units they gift you, gift them yourself to another CS to increase influence. Gift all of them to the same CS if you want it to rock! So, in a sense, they are providing you units to fight with or means to befriend other states.
If any militaristic CS gave you all those unique units, you won't have any reason for another militaristic CS ally. Just one and you are golden.
Militaristic CS are giving you mostly science, which is rather good. Free science with no extra cost for having more cities. The only backward thing for me is that, if you lose friendly status for a while, then you have to begin the count again for the next unit to be gifted.

Unless people agree that militaristic CS are too weak compared to the others, I don't see this change needed. As ElliotS, it might be interesting for one mod, maybe, where balance is not an issue. :)

TIP: Build all your XP buildings in the closest city with your militaristic ally, where gifted units spawn.

Okay, so maybe specific city states gift specific units?

Yeah, I want it so I could have a better navy, I mean come on! How formidable would a classical era navy be with Quinqerimes AND Dromons?

Yeah, I want it so I could have a better navy, I mean come on! How formidable would a classical era navy be with Quinqerimes AND Dromons?
I'd support it, if it's possible.

When you begin isolated in a small continent, having a militaristic CS allied providing trirremes could be a life saver had you chosen the war tech path.

I remember once receiving Nau from a military CS, was one of the best CS allies I ever had. Luxuries from around the world for free.

Yeah, and maybe Austria's Ability could allow them to BUY unique units from them! And once they're annexed, they're the only source of the unique units in your entire empire.

I played as Morocco, and acquired Companion Cavalry every so often, however a few caravels would have been nice.

Top Bottom