Military Academy

adog

Prince
With the recent discussions on armies and heroic epic, I was wondering if you guys think the Military Academy is worth the 400 shields.

Of course, if you want a secure source of armies. :)

I give this building very high priority. Build it in a city with high net shield output. In the right city you can produce an army in 4 turns in modern times.

I typically hold off building the Military Academy until the IA. Until you can build factories and plants, 400 shields is just too expensive. Also, the MA makes a great prebuild for TOE or HD.

Well if you are playing some peaceful style then, it is not all that important. If you are playing AW or any game with strong civs and you have wars, then I think I would not want to be without it.

Having some armies is good for peaceful players too. You may need them some day, and then it's a bit late to start building them.

Having armies and not using them is peacefulness. Not having them is weakness. Big difference.

usualy i try to build it in high spt city, or rush it with MGL.
and then produce them every few turns.

pol1 said:
usualy i try to build it in high spt city, or rush it with MGL.
and then produce them every few turns.
No need to rush it, because this should be in the most productive city. The first time, I did a blunder and built the academy in the capital thinking every town would be able to build armies. My capital was not very productive.

The military academy is not bad to have, but hardly ever crucial to win a game. Quite frequently, it is just that when you could do with more armies the 800 shileds for academy an an army are simply astronomical, and when you can afford them easily you don't need the armies any longer.

Nah, its too much building armies, and its more rewarding getting it through attacking. :hammer:

Ansar the King said:
Nah, its too much building armies, and its more rewarding getting it through attacking. :hammer:
Yes I hear you. But you know... there's a lot of things to do with a GL. If you have nothing else to rush, you could always use it to rush an army in the academy. :D

That's just a waste. You could rush the army to begin with, and use the GL to make another one.

I never build Military Academy. I only use Armies I get from MGLs.

well i have to agree, i rushed mil acad once probably, last time, but i had 'leader game' then - it's not a good idea to rush it with MGL.

Yeah, I've rushed the academy with an MGL once too. I was on a fairly small landmass and had already maxed out on armies after a ridculous string of good luck getting MGLs. Rushed the Pentagon too. Of course after I rushed MA, I didn't actually have the option of building an army for quite some time.

You'll want to build MA only in a high-shield city, usually in the most productive one. And that city should have enough shields to build the MA in a relatively short time, so rushing it would be a waste.

I have never not built it. There is nothing worse than wanting an army and not having one. After a factory, 400 shields is nothing, and I would usually be making wealth anyway.

Top Bottom