Votes: 6 10.7%
  • World War II

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • The Jet/Rocket age

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Current

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
S-37 Berkut (Su-47 son). Kolossal. My preferred one at present.

About Mig 1.44 I agree, Miko, I think that MAPO MIG has a bad epoch now. :(

Yo, pavel, you can't link to your own harddrive, you have to link to pics on the internet!
Buff! Sorry, but is the first time i use the IMG button :crazyeyes

The AVRO ARROW...KIA by the US government Feb 20,1959...thats 1959

Attachments

• 201inflight_s.jpg
    201inflight_s.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 122
two colourists Czech mig21, i think are a Mig21U (the trainer) and a Mig21MF

...and some fantastic bombers: the XB70 Valkyrie (a wonderful plane):

and the Soviet T-4:

and German, British, Spanish and Italian Eurofighter (
look at the condensation stelas in the third photo, great maneuverability!)

Originally posted by pavelsu
PaleHorse76, here is Mr mig21: The phantom killer in Vietnam (much better in close combat even with less prepared crews), the phantom pilot´s nightmare.
USAF and USN F-4 Phantoms maintained an 8-1 kill rate over the simplistic Mig 21 in the skies over Vietnam. :rolleyes:
PH, that airforce quote about Mig parts is actually from the Korean war, where USAF Sabres regulary shot down Mig 15's.

The Vigilante was a Navy carrier bomber capable of carring nuclear weapons, later used as a recon plane, and now long retired.

Someone asked for a lightning:

One of my favorite WWII A/C was the Curtiss P-40, here is a P-40E in Flying Tiger colors (this is actually historically incorrect, the AVG , or "Flying tigers", used P-40 C's, not E's).

Originally posted by pavelsu
and German, British, Spanish and Italian Eurofighter (
look at the condensation stelas in the third photo, great maneuverability!)

This plane is pretty but overrated, some people say it is a complete failure. But now for a plane that isn't a failure, J-37 Viggen, the backbone of the Swedish Air Force.

Some precision flying, F-18s Of the Us Navy's Blue Angels:

For Palehorse, the Blue Angels once flew the F-4:

Israeli F-4s in thier element, hunt their favorite prey, Migs:

And finally, the thing that makes any pilot that has to fly that Russian junk wet his pants and pray he never meets, the never defeated F-15 Eagle:

USAF and USN F-4 Phantoms maintained an 8-1 kill rate over the simplistic Mig 21 in the skies over Vietnam.
where are that stadistics from? Some American patriotic web sure :lol: . Very slightly trustworthy, sincerely.
Some more realistic information:
http://www.danshistory.com/airwar.html
You must have in bill that only 1 of every 5 Vietnamese planes they were Mig21 the rest they were Mig17 and Mig15

Anyhow the mig21 shutdowns were owed principally to the Sparrows and to the much better training of the pilots of F4 (the Vietnamese pilots had never flown in the main). Indeed the Phamton was turning out to be slow and few respect to "simplist" Mig21 (certainly they were of the most primitive mig21 version in the world at that time).
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/1184/mig21.html

where are that stadistics from? Some American patriotic web sure
Moderator Action: First, I let you guys have fun, and the planes do look good, but cut the trolling right now, or the plane threads stop.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The kill stats are in A/C publications all over the world, and are long established, so forget trying to refute it, it's long established fact.

Miko, I know you love Russian aircraft, but it's aviaonics and on board systems are primative compared to standard US equipment.

It may perform better on a range, but in a fight, it's toast, and this has been shown many times.

Get back to showing pictures, while I'm still in a good mood. ;)

A strange plane: the Northrop XP-79. It was designed to destroy enemy planes ... hitting!! :lol:

Okay, AoA, i will allow no 'trolling' in my threads. But the Su-27 has never been used against any american planes, so you can't say that it will be toast if it does... And it even in some regions have superior avionics, with improved fly-by-wire systems, helmet mounted missile guiding and awesome agility, it is unbeatable in dogfights too.
Now another picture of this fearsome beast, this time the Chinese J-11 Version.

Fair enough, and it sure is a pretty machine. ;)

Top Bottom