Votes: 25 44.6%
  • The Jet/Rocket age

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Current

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

Mikoyan

Digimortal
Okay, i have decided to put together another Aircraft thread.
Here you can post pictures and discuss Military Aviation from 1914-2002.
Hopefully this will all go perfect.

So, get posting!

:)

WARNING: Image intensive thread!
And keep in mind that you can request any picture if you don't have it yourself.

WW1 had a certain class,

But the Second round of global smackdown certainly produced
some amazing craft.

From the classic spitfire to the scary Me262 the planes had real
character, You could tell a planes nationality from it's profile.

Who can forget a machine like the P51 Mustang, or the Me 109?

Anyhow here is the first of my fave aircraft, the Ju188!

I personally prefer the Jet Age planes, they have been forerunners of the modern jets, and are really cool!
Sorry, I have no pics:( I had a few on my other computer... But those are nice pictures! Nice portable potty in that Fokker pic:lol:

Oooohhh.... (Drools)

I love that one! In my opinion the best fighterbomber of that time! That German MiG is a beautiful picture, it is going to be my desktop background once I get my PC back! Come to think of it, I am going to take all of these, and all of the ones that others post! Now that would be good, an endless supply of Jet pics to stare at for hours...

Here is the new Mig 1.44. what do you think about it?

Attachments

• mig144_1.jpg
    mig144_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 274
I voted for WW2. They were still experimenting back then so you got tons of different cool looks.

Can anybody post a P-38? That's my personal favorite. Or maybe the P-49 (?) Thunderbolt.

Here my favorite plane: a Su-7 (rust enough). The Su-7 could take fuel or weapon but not both at the same time :rolleyes: .
Nevertheless you could hang yourself of the pipe pitot without fear of breaking it and in some occasions (in the war India - Pakistan) received Sidewinder's direct impacts in the engine (even the missile managed to exploit inside the jet) and the damages limited to scratches in the painting :D . Other times on having landed it was not lowering the landing gear: no problem. They were landing on the paunch, a small checkup and to flying again. :)

Attachments

• su7b.jpg
    su7b.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 249
Originally posted by pavelsu
Here my favorite plane: a Su-7 (rust enough). The Su-7 could take fuel or weapon but not both at the same time :rolleyes: .
Nevertheless you could hang yourself of the pipe pitot without fear of breaking it and in some occasions (in the war India - Pakistan) received Sidewinder's direct impacts in the engine (even the missile managed to exploit inside the jet) and the damages limited to scratches in the painting :D . Other times on having landed it was not lowering the landing gear: no problem. They were landing on the paunch, a small checkup and to flying again. :)
As always, sturdy russian equipment...
Here's a later version of the same aircraft, SU-22 with DDR markings.

P.S i think the MiG 1.42/4.4 looks too non-russian, it kinda looks like Eurofighter.

Top Bottom