Military Alliance with Iroquois

blackheart

unenlightened
We can now sign a military alliance with the Iroquois for the grand total price of... NOTHING! That is if we renegotiate peace with them. Along with a MA against the Babs and Romans they will also give us 26g, ROP, and both maps. It also improves relations from annoyed to polite

Without renegotiating peace the Iroquois would surely sign a MA against Rome but against Babylon is another thing. We could get a double MA, but we'd have to pay 42g OR sign a ROP. A single MA against just Babylon would cost us silks. I won't even put single MA up as it would just cost us too much.

So to sum it up:

Military Alliance with Iroquois vs Rome and Babylon

Option 1
Renegotiate peace
Both MAs
Get 26g
Get Both maps
Get ROP
Improve Relations
Option 2
Both MAs
ROP w/ both mapsor
42g

Whatever we decide we must act NOW before Rome or Babylon secures more allies.

Please don't be giving any ROPs away. We don't need them The Iros don't need to cross our lan to attack either the Romans or the Babs. No ROPs! Take their Maps, their Gold, and the alliances.

I only listed all the possible options. I agree a ROP shouldn't be signed either. But what about the renegotiating of peace? I want to renegotiate peace with them.

blackheart said:
I only listed all the possible options. I agree a ROP shouldn't be signed either. But what about the renegotiating of peace? I want to renegotiate peace with them.

Yes, the re-negotiating should take place, securing the items we want.

And the deal goes without ROP. :cool:

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
I agree with cyc here. The Irq have no business in being in our lands, except for acting as cannon fodder.
Do the MA with them. Fight the battle, and once Rome and Babylon have fallen, turn on the Irq to take them over.

SaaM
:goodjob: I agree whole heartedly with you and those that think the same way.

Yeah, why not ....

Because we lock ourselves into a 20 turn war. We want peace ASAP, and signing an MA will be a step in the opposite direction of what we want. We don't want war until Samurai !!!

I know; an unpopular voice with the Greedy ones; but I do not want MA's...

Considering the Iroquois already attacked us once, they are not to be trusted. We are strong enough to protect ourselves and need no backstabbers as allies.

I agree with Rik - Iroquois only have about 5 cities (one is size one)! According to the latest map info via MSTK, they haven't even connected their Iron. That means they would use Archers, which are useless against Legions, even fortified spearman with walls unless you have a lot of them that are Veteran. The worst we want is for Rome and Babylon to capture Iroquois, further expanding their territory!! That would be a harder war for us. Wait for Samurai. Then do a *quick* war. 2 movement points. 4 attack. Strike hard and quick, and we'll win. Not fighting spears in our own territory with swords.

Top Bottom