Military Builds Request

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I request the continuing builds of the following units:

Bombers - keep building these. They have a greater range than artillery, and our artillery use will be limited to some cities (Persia's cities are a bit more spread out). We have 13, and I'd like to more than double that number atleast in 10 turns. (30 bombers total would be nice, meaning 27 more bombers).

Tanks/Modern Armor - Since the invasion won't start for another 10 turns (4 turns to research, 2-3 turns to build up/upgrade, and then a few turns to let the Persia troops come into our lands), don't waste as much time building tanks (I'd like 3 cities to continue building tanks for a southern invasion of the Persian lands by sea). We have 9 tanks ready, and I believe another 7 tanks on the mainland that will attack Samaria and Zohak - 16 total. I'd like to see if we can have that number to be 25-30 total tanks, with several Mech Inf to defend them. (There's transports on their way)

Mech Inf - Continue building these, as we'll need a few for the naval invasion. We'll have over 80 mechs after the upgrades, which is a pretty good number, especially if we airlift a few to the other continent. (There's no need to really defend/garrison our cities deep within our interior under a republic). 10 more would be appropriate.

So, here's the totals:

Bombers - Build these like there's no Term 6! We'll need the range. (feel free to rush if we have excess gold). Trade a few of the tank cities for bomer cities to build these every 2-3 turns.

Mech Inf - About 10 or so needed, mostly for the southern invasion.

Tanks/MA - Have 3-5 primary tank cities just to get the number of tanks for the southern invasion up to 25-30.

Jets - (very optional) We might not need these until we start seeing Persian bombers. (they lack Flight and Mass Prod.) Even if we do see some, they'll be few in number. They also require oil, which we might be able to take on turn 4 of the war if we're lucky.

Yup - being annoying here, but ...

Wouldn't this be useful to put in the Governor's threads, or have we now determined that all forms of communication must go through the Citizen's forum, and that the government forum is useless drek.

-- Ravensfire

Because I don't like spamming in multiple threads. :p This way, everyone knows about them, and it's a discussion. Oh, and we atleast determined that way back in DG2...

Ah good - then we don't need the government forum anymore.

-- Ravensfire

If you look back to DG1, everyone started using the citizens forum more than the government forum. It used to be that the discussion was in the government threads, but now, it's mostly:

Post 1 "This is the thread for department XYZ"
Post 2 "Congrats!"
Post 3 "Congrats!"
Post 4 "Congrats!"

The only thing that it's really used for now is department updates.

I perfer the citizens forum, since I get the will of the people, not just me.

One more note, I'd like another Carrier or two from New Falcon's Haven. We can load 12 bombers on, which will lessen the defenses in Samaria and Zohak. Samaria is size 13+, and is on a hill (150% defense). It most likely has infantry (fortified). That's 17.5 defense vs. 24 attack MA. (essentially like an immortals vs. hoplites). I still want those infantry softened. I'm also requesting atleast 7 more artillery to be built. We have more transports on their way. Artillery can fire from the transports. I think we may have enough transports for 14 artillery).

I'll try to get more concrete numbers and stats tonight.

4 turns to research (and heal). (done on turn 4)
1 turn to upgrade. (done on turn 5)
1 turn to set up the Guantlet (done on turn 6)
2 turns to defeat the Persians in the guantlet (turns 7 and 8)

The southern invasion will begin on turn 8 (moves out and unloads on turn 8).

This gives us 8 more turns.

Tank stack on our continent -

5 tanks on the Greek/English island that will be brought over.
6 tanks in cities
9 tanks waiting near Villa Park.

Group all of these tanks together where the 9 tanks are at Villa Park. (20 tanks total).

Have the following cities continue to build tanks:

Groton 8 tanks/Modern Armor
Bootsville 2 tanks/Modern Armor

Have the following build artillery (for the southern invasion - 2 transports will hold 8

artillery).

Duex Rivieres 8 artillery
Santa Lucia 7 artillery

Have the following cities build Carriers immediately

New Falcon's Haven 1 Carrier (switch to carrier)
Ville du Buisson 1 Carrier (switch to carrier)
Anarchyisgodville 1 Carrier (switch to carrier)

These carriers will go Anarchy and Villa Park (where the transports are).

Note: Saction, or Vandelay can build Intelligence Agency. It's 7 turns, but we won't need it

until then.

Have all other 50+spt cities build bombers, with an occasional (VET!!!) Mech Inf.

Top Bottom