1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Military caste + tradition conflict

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by stii, Jul 26, 2014.

1. stii

stii King

I'm having a problem when I take military caste (+2 culture from garrison) where the game seems to stop calculating the amount of culture correctly. When I move units in and out of my cities I lose two culture for some reason.

For example I'll have two cities with monuments giving me +8 culture. I'll then take military caste and still only have +8 with one unit in a city. Then if I move that unit out of the city I go down to +6. In the city screen my capital shows +3 from buildings +3 from polices, with the +3 from polices reducing to +1 if I move the unit out.

2. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

All units garrisoned in a city will give+2 culture. So if you have 3 units garrisoned in 3 different cities, then you will get+6 cpt added to the cpt that you already are making.

3. Nares

Nares Emperor

A garrison is a unit positioned inside a city.

When you move the unit out of the city, there's no garrison until you move another one in.

4. Pengui6668

Pengui6668 Chieftain

He said he's got a base +8cpt, gets the tenet and still only had 8cpt. Then he moves his unit OUT of the city and goes down to 6cpt. He understands the concept of a garrisoned unit, but it's not functioning properly.

5. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

Note to self: move all your units one tile out if your cities before choosing either SP. And make note of the happiness/cpt/gpt.

6. Hpuk

Hpuk Warlord

It's almost impossible to say if someone's experiencing a bug or if it's just a misunderstanding if you don't post screenshots, a save or a video of the problem in question.

7. stii

stii King

I mean I was expecting someone to say this is a know bug or you can't use those two policies together X reason.

I have attached a save now it shows me at +8 culture, 6 if you move the archers out of my capital.

I have tradition opener +3, free monuments+4 and military caste+2 with two cities. So by my count I should have +10.

Attached Files:

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator