Military Control

sangeli

Major General
EDIT: I have made an updated version of Military Control. Problems of forts being taken by culture and when you add territory to nation by worldbuilder.

Military Control v 1.1 is a mod component that uniquely combines the concepts of defacto military control (during war) and dejure political borders in a realistic and dynamic fashion. There are a number of gameplay changes and here they are:

1. The culture range for cities is no longer a restraint for owning territory. Therefore, it is now possible to own distant tiles without having a city nearby. In this mod there are two types of tiles that are owned but are distant from the owning country's cities: strategic coastal/island bases (for example Gibraltar, Malta, Guam, etc) and remote land (for example Siberia, Greenland, etc). Thus, you no longer need a city in order to have places like Gibraltar: all you need is a fort.

2. Defacto miliatry control: Whenever, during war, you occupy another country's tile it becomes yours for the time being. Very simple. Note: this does not mean you have any more culture for the plot and it is possible to have absolutely no culture when you control the plot.

3. Peace negotiations: Whenever you make peace with another nation a number of things happen in order to insure that the land ends up in the right hands. When you make peace, all the remote land automatically goes to the player who has a city closest to it. However, strategic bases automatically stay with the player who controls it by military control or ortherwise. If you are confused how this works in practice, don't worry. Lets use the example of a Anglo-Russan war. In this example, Britain has conquored many western Russian cities, as well as a few plots by military control. However, England has not taken many of the plots near the cities it conquored. Additionally, it hasn't taken cities closest to the distant siberian plots. When the countries make peace this is what happens: 1. The western plots within the culture range of still russian cities go to Russia (assuming that it is the normal cultural owner). The other western plots outside of the culture range of russain cities go to whoever the the country with the closest city (in this example most likely Britain), regardless of the fact that the plots are still majority Russian. 2. The Siberian plots go to whoever has the cloest city. 3. Gibralter, Malta, and other stragetic coastal/island bases stay with Britain (provided that Russia didn't take them during the war)

If you have any more questions or problems just pm me or write them in this thread.

Sounds cool! Does military control mean that if you have a unit on an enemy plot it becomes yours?

If so, does that mean that while your units occupy an enemy plot you can build a fort or even a city on that tile?

Sounds cool! Does military control mean that if you have a unit on an enemy plot it becomes yours?

If so, does that mean that while your units occupy an enemy plot you can build a fort or even a city on that tile?

Of course.

Is this true for all units? Even invisible units? If it works for spies it could cause problems, since multiple civs could have units on and thus control the tile. It shouldn't work for workers either. It could be cool if it could be set for each unitcombat.

This seems like a good way to steal enemy resources which are not inside the fat cross of any enemy city. Simply park a unit there, and build a city on top of the resource... Then can use a sequence of forts to build up a corridor leading to that new city. Pretty cool

In order to avoid fortress spamming, this should be combined with Jeckel's upcoming JImprovementLimit mod, so that you could specify the minimum distance between forts.

This seems like a good way to steal enemy resources which are not inside the fat cross of any enemy city. Simply park a unit there, and build a city on top of the resource... Then can use a sequence of forts to build up a corridor leading to that new city. Pretty cool

In order to avoid fortress spamming, this should be combined with Jeckel's upcoming JImprovementLimit mod, so that you could specify the minimum distance between forts.

Nope, that won't work. It only works if the forts are on water, so that limits the use of forts in that way. By the way, has anyone here actually tried it?

Is this true for all units? Even invisible units? If it works for spies it could cause problems, since multiple civs could have units on and thus control the tile. It shouldn't work for workers either. It could be cool if it could be set for each unitcombat.

It only works for units that can defend.

Is there a way to combine this with another mod by yourslef? Im not good at this stuff so I wouldnt know If I can do it or not...
And are the AI smarter to help them use millitary control and such to their advantage? So far it seems they are playing a pretty normal game, not attacking much(diety and aggresive ai on)..and they do take control of tiles..but to me it seems they do it just becuz they happened to move their units there

Good MOD though:)

Is there a way to combine this with another mod by yourslef? Im not good at this stuff so I wouldnt know If I can do it or not...
And are the AI smarter to help them use millitary control and such to their advantage? So far it seems they are playing a pretty normal game, not attacking much(diety and aggresive ai on)..and they do take control of tiles..but to me it seems they do it just becuz they happened to move their units there

Umm i dont know how all those post got there..i only clicked it to post once..can some 1 please delete all the extras?

The AI hasn't been changed at all. That is because I didn't know how the AI would use it. If there are major problems just tell me.

Also, unless you know a little programming, don't even try to combine the mod with another one. And if you did know programming, you'd know what to do.

Sorry, I'm confused - is this a stand-alone mod for Civ4 or a modification to Road to War? If so how do I install it; just unpack into the RtW folder and overwrite when prompted?

My game crashes after 6 turns. Earth 1000AD, BTS edition, Patch 3.17

I liked this mod, very realistic and pleasent. You cannot stay in your city waiting for the big stack anymore, you have to move your troops in order to defend your borders! It add a lots to the gameplay ! BTW what about the heal rate in the captured plots?

PS:

I hope you will do an update because I still got some CDT

Top Bottom