Military Department - Term 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if even using nukes in your own territory will make other nations think worse of you...

Does the General realize that most of the target cities in his plan of attack are built on hills?

St. Regis and Grand River are not buiilt on hills and I think our main thrust should be towards those two cities. This will cut Iroquiosland in two and let us make a drive for their capital sooner.

Please vote in the Council Vote stated above. It is located here. Thank you.

Didn't think about that tactic, donsig,... let me get back to you on that.

EDIT: Upon further concideration I decided not to "divide and conquer" as donsig suggessted for several reasons.

First, captured cities with Iro cities on both sides would be more vulnerable to culture flipping.

Secondly, we don't want to leave those 100 Riflemen back in that cut off area to continue to cause havoc in our lands while the majority of our forces are attacking Salamnca or Tanawanda.

Do we know if any nation that may attack us has Amphibious Warfare? If so, I would become concerned about the state of some of our coastal cities which have only Immortals defending them. It is very possible for an enemy transport to come in, with out our knowledge, and have marines attack the cities in question.

In my games (not many of them. :)), I never seen the AI attack coastal cities with marines (amphib. assualt), but I have seen them in stacks. That means, we'd have to search out enemy oil and rubber. :)

I have only seen marines on version 1 of the game as well. However we should be able to spot them as the aproach, and then we can use our rail network to transport troops to the expected landing site. Also when I have used marines against the enemy cities a lot of them get killed before killing a single enemy unit (and that is with bombardment from the air and sea before the assault). So I do not think that we need to worry to much about D-day type landings but we should re-ernfore theses territorys any way just to be safe (as long as there is no more pressing situation in another of our cities).

So, General, how goes the war? I cannot find a summary of the last turn chat. Can't get on-line from home right now so I can't download the game. Care to fill us in?

Are we now at war with Iroquois? Sorry if this has already been said but i haven't been here for days.

We first bombarded and eliminated the stacks in our territory, creating many elite Tanks and producing a GL for SETI. After Eliminating the Stack invasion we took about 5 tanks to attack St. Regis, we lost 2 of these tanks, partly because there was no bombardment ahead of the assult. The next turn we had to deal with a new wave of Iro attackers. We then finished off St. Regis. Next we took Heiraconpolis and Hangchow. We lost less than ten (probobly about 5-7) tanks.

The Iroqouis are now down to 58 from their original 110 Riflemen.

We also upgraded 20 of our Infantry to Mech. Inf. (those closest to the front).

So the war goes well...

Please note that I will not be able to make any input to the military department between next monday (22) untill two weeks later (monday 5) due to going on vaccation.

General, the Chinese-Zulu MPP deal has expired! If you wish, some Chinese cities can be taken until we or the Chinese sue/ask for peace.

:) Thanks for that information Chieftess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom