Military Department - Term 5

I don't know if this is related or un-related to the military department thread, but anyway.

Maybe we can start a king of rank thing this term IE: Your rank is Commander CivGenerals is Second Commander CT is Pres, donsig is Vice Pres and everyone can have a differant Military rank? You can do this by creating a Military citizens group(like I did for science. And it won't be like the War Church.) and the people who join you can give a rank. I call everyone in the science citizesn group advisors, but you can call them something differant ;)

Anyway
Congrats on the poistions Falcon

Originaly posted by Strider
Maybe we can start a king of rank thing this term IE: Your rank is Commander, CivGenerals is Second Commander CT is Pres, donsig is Vice Pres and everyone can have a differant Military rank? You can do this by creating a Military citizens group

Strider, Speeking of Military Ranks Here are some from the US Armed Forces. For Example Falcon02 is a 5-star General, Translate into the rank system of the US Armed Forces, He would be known as the General of the Army(Air Force, Depending on Branch of Service). But its up to Falcon02 on his decision to use what you suggested Strider :).

There is a council vote for the acceptence of Havok as governor for the province of Scythia. Please cast your vote.

Well done to Falcon and to my successor CivGeneral - why wasnt I nominated (I couldnt have accepted anyway - didnt have access to the web). Like the idea unlined by Strider. Note I am note yet back from vaccation and so I cannot input that much.

Strider, interesting idea.

problem is with a "rank" system how would we decide who's a Captain and who's a 1st Lt.?

Originaly posted by Falcon02
problem is with a "rank" system how would we decide who's a Captain and who's a 1st Lt.?

Now that would be a problem. Any Suggestions :).

Possibly how much they've helped with the goverment or how much they've helped with military crap.

I have recently learned that spies may have infultrated our glorious nation and stollen rocketry from us! The evidence is pointing at the English for this crime as they tried to buy wines of us just before every other nation misteriously learned of the science of rockety. I believe that the military department should be responsible for counter-espionage.

I believe that we should take a stand against the foolish countries that have planted spies in our country and so we should open a poll in to which country (or counties) we should investigate (expose enemy mole).

However I know that this is a risky operation (and a costly one to). However having spies infultrating our nation is also risky. I call on my comrades in the military department to take a stand and to have these spies exposed.

If England were bold enough to declare war (and atleast 2 have done so), we'll need to boost our navy, and our air force along the coast.

Any attempt to expose one of their spies is a risky one, there might be no spies and the English will find out, this will have to go to a vote. I agree our Navy needs to be boosted.

As of now. What is the satuts of our navy? We could use some more destroyers and battleships. If we are going to Spy on England. We should send a naval task force(Along with transports with Tanks and infantry units) neer England (but not in there borters) incase England does find out about our Spies finding the English mole and decides to declare war on us.

I think that that is unnessessary for 4 reasons.
1. We should not be preparing for war with all of our neigbours (they do that for us) and this may be "jumping the gun" a bit.
2. They are, in my opinion, not likely to declare war on us.
3. It will reducethe strength of our national guard while they are a way.
4. Creating this naval task force that you have put forward would be quick if we needed one.

However we should always be prepared for war, but I dont think that it is nessessary to be that prepared.

Originaly posted by Phoenix
I think that that is unnessessary for 4 reasons.
1. We should not be preparing for war with all of our neigbours (they do that for us) and this may be "jumping the gun" a bit.
2. They are, in my opinion, not likely to declare war on us.
3. It will reducethe strength of our national guard while they are a way.
4. Creating this naval task force that you have put forward would be quick if we needed one.

Maybe you are right Phoenix. But how quickly can we mobalize our forces (in turns)?

If you want to get something over there, I believe an aircarft carrier is off the coast of Maraton, and very close to the English continent. It is currently empty, so I would recommend rebasing some bombers and jet fighters there.

I would aggree with Octavian X. Eather we can rebase our current Fighters and Bombers or make new ones. If a war does happen, from there we can soften up the English coast line for a beachhead landing.
I hope it is an aircraft carrier out there near the English coast ;).

Aircraft Carriers can carry 3 planes IIRC, so I'd suggest giving it 1 Fighter and 2 Bombers.

We should not forget that aircraft carriers, in themselves, are weak compared to other naval units. If we are to use the aircraft carrier than it will need some defenders (I am thihking a coupe of destroyers and maybe a battleship). I still dont have access to the saved game (still not home) so I dont know what kind of naval units england has access to. :confused:

Top Bottom