Military exercises become possible in a FFA multiplayer game?

Ikariam

Chieftain
Combats in CiV do not necessarily kill a unit and units get xp from every battle they involve in, so I guess it is possible that 2 players in a FFA multiplayer game declare war on each other just to practice their troops and gain a lot of promotions without losing a single unit?

Yeah, I guess so....
Wow, this seems open to massive abuse. No idea how this can even be patched.

If players are going to team up in FFA, wouldn't they have more success attacking a guy?

Sure they would, especially after they give each other a bunch of free promotions XP

omg, clever idea. dont know how you guys come up with it

could actually be a new "diplomatic option" between players.

make a coop training camp for superior troops. =)

combine this with double xp sp from honor tree and this can actually be seriously big

That's why IMO there should be a cost for healing a unit. It always bothered me that in civ4 your units could heal for free. It contributed to the over-effectiveness of stacks and the concentration of power being too important in warfare.

Not sure how this issue can be addressed, but I'm sure there'll be a way.

By the way, it's especially abusable now considering that both the victor and loser get xp for the battle.

ffa shoudlnt exist
there is only ONE way of playing: 1 team vs another team

end of the story(and that goes for every kind of game)

ffa shoudlnt exist
there is only ONE way of playing: 1 team vs another team

end of the story(and that goes for every kind of game)

and thats where your wrong, im presuming you dont like FFA games since you dont do very well in them but Personally I and many others enjoy a FFA game, every one will be different since you have no idea if you will either be ganged up on or get through the whole game pretty much unheard of.

to any being in posses of logic

civ is not designed to FFA with humans

it can work with AIs not with humans

That's why IMO there should be a cost for healing a unit. It always bothered me that in civ4 your units could heal for free. It contributed to the over-effectiveness of stacks and the concentration of power being too important in warfare.

QFT. Agree 100%.

Of course it can work with humans. It would just be a bad idea to go into an MP game expecting it to play anything like a single player game. But IMO that's the whole point of why it's worth it - each game is more interesting and more of a challenge than just another game against the same mostly-predictable AI.

You're being silly. FFA is the best way to play (IMO). I hate when a game decides who you have to befriend/kill the entire game. That leaves no room for diplomacy or intrigue and makes for a duller game (again IMO).

There have been exploits involving fake wars in the past, so this actually isn't new. But with xp to both sides and not necessarily having a complete kill, it's possible. It's quite risky, though. What if the unit you want to promote gets a bad dice roll and actually dies?

There have been exploits involving fake wars in the past, so this actually isn't new. But with xp to both sides and not necessarily having a complete kill, it's possible. It's quite risky, though. What if the unit you want to promote gets a bad dice roll and actually dies?

Same era units could likely never kill each other with one hit, so naturally those who are patient and want to play it safe would never perform an exercise with a wounded unit.

Top Bottom