1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Military resources - does the computer cheat?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by PoweredBySoy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. PoweredBySoy

PoweredBySoy Chieftain

So I was just playing a game on Noble. It was very early in the game yet - each civ was just about getting it's third city established. I did an axe and chariot rush on my nearest neighbor, Churchill. He had archers for defense. As I was attacking his city, one of the archers was all of a sudden replaced by an axeman. As I continued the rush, I now find Churchill has a healthy supply of both axemen and swordsmen. Yet when I start to pillage his entire territory, I find neither copper nor iron in his possession.

Any thoughts on this? I can't think of any way he has created these units.

I think if the computer does end up cheating in this way, I may just start playing Sins Of A Solar Empire instead. =(

2. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

sorry, wrong forum. have fun Civ'ing though. :)

3. Genv [FP]

Genv [FP] Website Moron

The computer does not cheat in any kind of way or form except for better research above prince.

He most likely had a city settled on top of those resources, or a city outpost somewhere. Turn on resource indicators. he probably amassed his army using whipping too by the way, that's how he popped that axeman.

4. Hertsh

Hertsh Darwinist

Warning out of context: Genv, I can raed the txet in yuor sgniatrue. Itensertnig rsaerech. Have to raed more aubot it. :)