Military Tactics T94-T120

Isn't that exactly what we tried to do though :(

We were going to raze TKY (and then they built Zero). If our first stack hadn't fallen so easily we could have built up a solid beach head. Alas we got screwed by RNG
You are right that we had a specific plan at first to raze TKY, but we then switched to going after Zero, as a reaction to SANCTA building it... Generally, I would like us to stick with the original plan rather than changing mid-stream, but I do appreciate the need to be flexible in the face of changing circumstances...

One thing though is, I am not quite sure that we had enough units to accomplish either objective (raze Zero or TKY) when we stepped into SANCTA territory. So what I am hoping for, is that our next stacks will be considerably larger, and thus much harder to defeat with a couple favorable RNG rolls. 55% or 75% or even 90% RNG odds in our favor is not the same as 100% afterall... If the RNG says that SANCTA had a 10% chance of winning, then it was possible for them to win.

I wonder if the Spanish Armada complained about the sucky RNG rolls when the English fleet handed them their lunch in the Elizabethian era? :lol:. A joke obviously, :D but seriously, I lose with favorable RNG odds all the time in SP, its just part of the game.

It seems like the best way to protect ourselves from this, is to attack with overwhelming force, rather than trying to establish beachheads, so that even if we take a few tough losses, we will still be able to win with our counterattack.

Yeah, we made a lunch for it fearing they would be getting catapults and elephants soon. But they still don't have any at the front. The whole point of us spending all that money on upgrading our units was to get in there before they had catapults.

In hindsight we could have afforded to wait a couple of turns to send in all our units together.

Oh hindsight - aint it great :(

We should have waited 2-3 turns and send all our units together, that was a mistake, which we could have gotten away with if the RNG was at least 50-50. As it turned out the RNG screwed us....thats all folks...lets move on!

Just read this here:

.Healing takes place at the beginning of your turn.

If a unit of yours is damaged during another team's turn, your unit will be healed immediately at the start of your turn, so long as it was eligible to do so. For example, fortified units defending a city will heal every turn. This makes it difficult for an attacker to take down a city unless he does it quickly and with sufficient force.

Argh, I got that wrong. Certainly wouldn't have move the way we did had I known that :(

First and only consecutive turn-based I've played. Meh.

Just read this here:

Argh, I got that wrong. Certainly wouldn't have move the way we did had I known that :(

First and only consecutive turn-based I've played. Meh.
Meh... Exactly, so we need to decide...How many turns until we either:
1. Hit SANCTA with our new (improved) army or;
2. :backstab: Cavalieros?

Well we want to build some Knights and a couple of pikemen to drop off by Phoenix, and I can't see us doing that within the next 10 turns. So a ceasefire for 10 turns should be ok for us.

I don't think Guilds is the best option for us anyway. As far as military goes we'll be better off going for Optics so Team Cav can send Carracks around the back of SANCTA and hit them from behind.

Just a thought on a 10 turn ceasefire. How do we know Sancta won't back stab and culture bomb anyway.

that's why we want a cease-fire and not a peace treaty. if they bomb we can still declare war. If we don't do a ceasefire and they want to bomb they will do so anyway.

I will suggest we make an in-game proposal to SANCTA for a cease-fire on the end of our turn and send them a message saying this is basically a 10-turn peace treaty but they agree not to bomb zero (less concerned if they bomb TKY) during this time.

Got ya. That makes sense to me. We can agree not to bomb them as well - with Zeus that is a legit threat.

Good point! We'll add that in too.

So are we ok to make this proposal?

10 turn Peace Treaty (but in-game a ceasefire) with an agreement not to culture bomb Zero or Taraz.

Oh and where do people want our new WE to go? Taraz or Haz for defence?

Good point! We'll add that in too.

So are we ok to make this proposal?

10 turn Peace Treaty (but in-game a ceasefire) with an agreement not to culture bomb Zero or Taraz.
Yes please. 10 turn Peace treaty (ceasefire in-game). I wish we did not have to mention the culture-bomb thing... I don't know if there is any way around it though...

The reason I don't want to put any specific requirements on them is because I don't want them to come back with... "We propose each of us withdrawing our spies" as a condition of the treaty...

We could "threaten them with our Great Artist", but we don't really have one, and they probably can figure that out. It is pretty similar to the fact that we know they probably dont have any spies.

Oh and where do people want our new WE to go? Taraz or Haz for defence?
I would say defense in Hazrate, to keep it hidden from SANCTA (and prevent a naval invasion). If we make peace, we shouldn't be stacking units in Taraz. It will undermine the peace treaty.

Our spy is there already :) it's got some non-roaded jungle to cross to get to Phoenix area anyway.

Interesting that there is no road linking their two fronts. And it's all jungle - will be hard for them to reinforce if we hit hard.

Difficult to hit them hard if we stop the war. I am not in favor of a cease fire or peace treaty.

If they don't use the artist for a culture bomb they may use it for a golden age. What effect would that have on our race to liberalism?

I don't know if we'll be able to build up enough units in the next 10 turns to do that though. I would build up during these 10 turns of peace and then hit them as soon as they expire... hopefully this will cause them to neglect building their own defences.

Until we have a longer deal they will probably want to keep their GA around to keep their options open. OR they could just have it there hoping we have a spy that will see it so we don't think they'll go for a Golden Age.

I still think a GA is the biggest threat to us getting Lib first, another reason why I don't think we should delay by getting Guilds first.

If we stop the war chances are greater that SANCTA starts a golden age. I can see the logic of the cease fire - it is an attempt to freeze their artist for ten turns. Maybe it'll work. :dunno:

I think they will do a GA or cult bomb regardless of what we do.

They should know our army is too weak to take Zero out over the next 10 turns.

Top Bottom