1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Military Tactics T94-T120

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Kaleb, May 31, 2009.

1. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

I can't tell by the screenshots exactly where Sancta's mobile stack is located. Is it inside Zero or TKY?

Anyhow, depending on exactly how their stack is positioned, we may have some interesting options.

First, we need to let Cav enter Sancta lands first. If that were to happen, I would bet that they move their stack towards TKY to allow for easy interception.

This would be interesting, because Zero is only connected to the other Sancta lands by 1 road. If we can somehow destroy that road (can spies destroy roads in BTS? I seriously don't remember because I haven't played in forever) either with a spy or a unit, it would cut Zero off completely. This means that they will NOT be able to hit our units with siege in a first strike! Yes, their knights can reach us, but if they didn't attack with siege to begin with, we will destroy their knights with our far superior units.

Once we destroy zero, we can move into the hills behind Dragon Tears. This will at least force them to attack us on hilly ground.

Damnrunner, I don't know if you took this into consideration but I believe I saw a screen of a substantial number of Sancta knights with withdraw upgrades. This would make them significantly more dangerous versus our superior units. If they get a large collateral attack against us, I'd bet we lose many more units than you have suggested and they suffer fewer casualties.

lastly, how far is sancta from cuirassiers? These guys get flank versus our cannons... And flank CAN kill units.

If we can pull off what I suggested in the beginning and isolate Zero, we stand a much better chance of razing that city with minimal casualties.

2. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

And it would also be extremely helpful to trick a few of their units to defend their Eastern shores... I'll go along with anything that accomplishes that.

3. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

I just confirmed that spies can destroy roads. This is what I suggest:

We need 2 spies. These spies will be needed to destroy both the improvement on that tile and the road in the same turn.

At the same time, we DOW and move our stack next to Zero. There is no way for Sancta to attack us then. We can raze zero and start moving to the hills.

This would require some espionage investment. But I think it would afford us the biggest probability of taking zero with nearly no loss of life.

If I understand how turn order works in this game:
    Sancta goes before us. So we wait for Sancta to move, destroy the road, DOW, and move our stack next to Zero.
    Sancta stack moves from the square 1E of TKY to 1NW of Zero.
    We attack and kill everything inside Zero, send ONE crappy unit to raze the city
    Sancta cannot retaliate because there is no road between our two stacks

Of course this would be less hairy if Sancta's stack is slightly further away, but even if they are extremely close by, the plan will work. After we destroy Zero, we start moving our main stack NE toward the mountains of Dragon Tears. We approach that city from the South and possibly have to accept an attack, but at least we'd be on favorable terrain. In the hills, Sancta is disadvantaged--their knights have no terrain defensive bonuses. So if we survive the initial attack, we stand a good chance of retaliating successfully.

also Sancta built very few roads around those hills. If we are smart about it, we might be able to avoid Sancta getting first strike on us... Probably not, but we can try.

4. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

We gave $300 to Cav and now have about 500 gold. I think we gain over 500 per turn with our $ and $ from Cav and MS

We should focus on upgrading muskets to Redcoats. And catapults to cannons. I think that gives our best bang for our buck. If we have more % upgrading pikes makes sense – but I would upgrade our muskets first.

If it is possible to get a bunch of screen shot that could be very helpful in making plans for the next few critical turns.

5. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

What are our objectives for this war? We are going to take the valley as a given, but what after that? Do we go rampaging through Sancta lands following the mighty Cav Stack? I fear that if we send our stack into Sancta home turf, we may be overextending ourselves, especially with our low production. So after the valley is ours, where do we want to draw the line for our current expansion. A lot of this depends on how unlucky we are on the RNG, but it still would be nice to plan some of this out ahead of time.

6. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think take the valley and turtle. Maybe push a bit further East to the coast and take phoenix. But other than that I don't think we can push much further. We will need to focus on infrastructure at that point if we hope to catch up with Cav and Sancta production wise.

7. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

The valley would make a natural border. Sancta way outranks us in production. I doubt we can really take their core... besides, unless Cav leads the war, it would be dumb to push too far. There is simply no way to win.

A. We actually kill Sancta. In this case, we get stabbed by Cav in a weakened state.
    B. We lose to Sancta. Then we will probably cede all our new conquests and more in our weakened state.

No. We need some time to build infrastructure and get our economy up to speed.
    Also, another point worth considering: if we take the valley, we will be sandwiched between Cav and Sancta. This is not a good situation to be in. It would be harder for Cav to support us in a war, and it would make it tempting, especially if we become as powerful as them, for Cav & Sancta to gang up and kill us, and partition our lands.

8. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

For our turn
    Take Zero with a knight and raze it.
    Our culture will expand and we should be able to move our stack W, NW to the cows tile.
    A 2nd option is to move the whole stack into the razed city and then NW to the grass farm.

We are just as close to TKY either way. On the cow we are a bit safer from new Sancta units coming in via DT. On the Grass farm we are close to DT if we decide to go that direction - which I believe we generally think is a bad idea. The Cow I think makes more sense with respect to potential coordination with Sancta as we would be better positioned to attack Cav. Though we still need to see Cav's screen shots.

9. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Sancta's current garrison in DT is
    6 rifles
    4 knights (all wounded)
    1 WE
    2 HA (1 wounded)
    2 axes
    1 spear (wounded)

At the soonest we will be able to attack DT in 3 turns. By this time we should expect Sancta to have Mil trad and for all units to be fully healed. They will also be able to do a lot of upgrading, as once they have MT they will run 100% gold. At the worst I think we should prepare for:
    15 rifles
    10 cavalry
    4 catapults

That is pretty huge and we will need to combine with Cav's stack if we hope to make it. If we advance to the Corn NE of the hill our stack is on next turn we can also effectively cut off Sancta from any counter attack on TKY. I think the only units left in TKY are ones that need upgrades and those that are wounded.