Military Unit Activation??

protista

Chieftain
How does one activate military units garrisoned within a city? Most of my cities have numerous units garrisoned, and when an enemy approaches, the only way I have been able to activate the units within the city is to select the currently active unit, move it from the city, and then select the next.....etc. In Civ II, one merely clicked on the units shown in the resources screen. Please help!

To activate a unit in a city, go to the city and double click on the city itself (not the info bar, the actual city). Or you can use the RIGHT-click on the city and select "Zoom into < insert city >".
Then when the city view comes up, look at the bottom and you'll see the list of units garrisoned in the city. RIGHT-click on them and select "activate". DO NOT select "Disband" because it is probably very easy to accidentally do that!!

Jay

You can also right click on the city or any stack of units and a menu comes up sort of like:

Activate Regular Archer (3/3) 4/1/1
Wake up Elite Whirling Dervish (5/5) 10/10/10

Just click on the one you want to wake/activate. That way you don't have to zoom into the city map.

I also think I've single-clicked on a city and that has activated one or all of the garrisoning units.

Top Bottom