Miltary Discussion: War in the West

Donovan Zoi

The Return
I am starting to see the writing on the wall, and I think there is only one solution here. We must ally with both CGN and Poly to ensure the removal of both GWT and GCA from the game. I realize that this plan should unfold carefully, but it should be done in the very near future.

This will be a tall order since we and Poly are on different continents from the CGN/GWT war, but I think it can be done. And here's how:

1. One nation of the alliance builds the Lighthouse in one of its cities.

2. That nation then agrees to gift that city to either ourselves or Poly to get our Galleys across the water.

3. This city trade is continued until we all have enough troops in the West.

This plan is just-hatched, so we first need to discuss it here, and then go thru all the proper diplomacy if the plan is found to have merit. If it does have merit, the Military Office will draft strategic plans to best facilitate this measure.

GCA, and anyone who dares harbor them, must fall!

The war between CGN and GWT is a century-old conflict.

If they continue with a stalmate as they have now, we have lots of time to develop better ships and units, and build our continent.

The Joker here is GCA. Their forces might be able to give GWT the upper hand and send CGN on the retreat. That must not happen!

Originally posted by Cheetah
The Joker here is GCA. Their forces might be able to give GWT the upper hand and send CGN on the retreat. That must not happen!

Well put, Cheetah. And consider this:

GCA is playing as the Arabs, which means that once they get Chivalry, as well as the appropriate resources, they will be able to build the Ansar Warrior(4.2.3). While not as great as our Riders, this unit could prove to be a certain advantage if used against CGN.

I am sure that if this is part of GWT's plan, then they will gladly supply GCA with whatever it takes to make this happen. That is why we may need to act on this soon.

I do agree with you that we need much work at home, and I recommend using our fast workers as much as possible to first improve our lands and then join our cities. This can work for new cities as well.

No no no no. GCA plays as the Indians. Their special unit is the war elephant, which has the same stats as a normal knight. No problem there.

What I fear is that GCAs "luck" will be the doom of CGN.

I have a plan, but I dont think I am good enough to post it since I am just a deputy thrown in a cubicle lost and forgotten.

Sorry, I need those cubicle walls for the Foreign Affairs Ministry. DZ said I could have them. (Thanks DZ) You could keep the desk, though.

Seriously, you could suggest a plan as a citizen to DZ...

edit: Oh, do you need this stapler?

Originally posted by Zarn
Sorry, I need those cubicle walls for the Foreign Affairs Ministry. DZ said I could have them. (Thanks DZ) You could keep the desk, though.

Seriously, you could suggest a plan as a citizen to DZ...

edit: Oh, do you need this stapler?

Har har very funny :p. I am the Military Deputy. Plus I cant post a plan as a citizen to DZ since I feel that most of what they posted goes unnoticed.

Plus I want the cubicle walls back :p.

Leaving again? CG, you are just making things bad, where there should be no problem in the first place. Relax, it's a game. Some people seem to forget that.

Anyway, my former secretary was eaten by cannibals, so I needed one that cannibals wouldn't go near. I needed the cubicle, because she kind of turns people into stone, when they look at her face. :p

Is there a map I can examine anywhere please?
I would like to contriute to this discussion but I know nothing about us.

Welcome aboard Peri! :)

We have a secure website you could look at, but I'm not sure if its updated for a while...

cfc.idg.civ3.cdgroup.org

username: cfcteam
password: zli94AB

Thanks. I'll take a look.

By the way what is the current state of our military?

Originally posted by Cheetah
No no no no. GCA plays as the Indians. Their special unit is the war elephant, which has the same stats as a normal knight. No problem there.

What I fear is that GCAs "luck" will be the doom of CGN.

Cheetah is right, GCA are the Asian Indians, There UU is the War Elephant. This particular unit does not require Iron to be built.

The Question that comes to mind is, "Who should build the lighthouse wonder?". Should it be us or the Polys, we better know now before pacing a Palace-Pre-build inplace. I would recomend that we should discuss this with the Polys.

Originally posted by Zarn
Leaving again? CG, you are just making things bad, where there should be no problem in the first place. Relax, it's a game. Some people seem to forget that.

Actualy, I decided to stay. Its kind of stupid to leave the MSDG over someting as little as a misunderstanding.

Hmm, building the lighthouse so one of us could send something there? An interesting proposal.

It would mean we could send something their way. Would it actually change anything? Is it worth the effort? I dont really know...

GCA's military is on a par with ours, according to the military advisor screen a couple of turns ago (after they completed their continent flip). I think it would require a substantial armada with units onboard to take them out, and there is always GWT to worry about...and they could just gift GCA another city somewhere far from our troops' landing site. It might be better just to supply troops to assist CGN against GWT and GCA, and hopefully that can give the edge in combat.

Perhaps we should wait until chivalry before we send troops abroad?

Listen, as long as CGN doesn't start losing heavily and are sent on retreat, we don't need to build the Lighthouse and hurry. Lets build our country and get better units. Once we have Caravels we can start talking.

If, on the other hand, CGN starts to fall back, we must do what we can to aid them. GWT and GCA must not get control of that continent. Sadly, if GWT and GCA starts an offensive against CGN now, we won't get the Lighthouse in time to send over units...

I think we should talk to poly about this, and see if one of us can afford to get a city going for a light house. I say we should take the middle road, build up our nation while slowly preparing units to send over seas. If the three of us work closly over there, we may be able to at least turn the tide of the war.

I have a plan, but I dont think I am good enough to post it since I am just a deputy thrown in a cubicle lost and forgotten.

CivGeneral, I asked you in the Military thread if you had anything to add, so don't even go there. ;) And plus, you can see that there are many citizens, some unelected mind you, posting their opinions on this matter. It is the reason I opened this thread.......

I had chosen you to act as my deputy because I wanted to give you a chance to show your stuff, and now you feel you don't have the right? :crazyeye:

Let's hear your idea!

Is there a map I can examine anywhere please?
I would like to contriute to this discussion but I know nothing about us.

Welcome, Peri! My goal is to update the Military Office within the next few days, but things have been a bit RL intensive for me lately. :( I will get you some pertinent information soon.

Top Bottom