Min requirements question

Random Observer

Warlord
I dont have the min requirements (32MB video card:( ) but the demo will run fine on this computer. Does that mean the full version will even though I dont meet the min specs?

personally when it comes to graphics I am only using a 32MB video card... as long as you meet the other requirements (and your video card supports Hardware Transform & Lighting) you should be fine on low or medium settings

at least thats what i run on.

but the Hardware Transform and Lighting feature is an absolut must... which pretty much eliminates all intell graphics cards (i believe the game still works but glitchy)

the demo is limited to a small map and only goes 100 turns

playing a full game when you get to the later years it is going to be lots of pain. it *might* run, but not well and it might just end up you getting upset more often then not at the horrid performance in later years with full map knowledge and lots of cities and things going on

Random Observer said:
I dont have the min requirements (32MB video card:( ) but the demo will run fine on this computer. Does that mean the full version will even though I dont meet the min specs?

It will probably run, but later in the game it may slow down to a point where you can't enjoy the game any more. You may still be able to run small games with sufficient speed though (e.g. duel map size). It's up to you to decide whether the game is good enough to take the risk, and whether being limited to the smallest settings is still enjoyable for you.

What are your other specs? If you have a fast CPU and a lot of RAM (unlikely setup, but possible), then changing the video card will greatly improve the situation.

Exavier said:
personally when it comes to graphics I am only using a 32MB video card... as long as you meet the other requirements (and your video card supports Hardware Transform & Lighting) you should be fine on low or medium settings

at least thats what i run on.

but the Hardware Transform and Lighting feature is an absolut must... which pretty much eliminates all intell graphics cards (i believe the game still works but glitchy)

That is not true I have a Intel Card without T&L and my game runs almost perfectly. NO graphical glitches videos run perfect. On High settings. THe only thing is Slow load times at end of game on Huge map. But everyone has that problem.

Joebasalt13 said:
That is not true I have a Intel Card without T&L and my game runs almost perfectly. NO graphical glitches videos run perfect. On High settings. THe only thing is Slow load times at end of game on Huge map. But everyone has that problem.

hehe ok in that case your the first person I have seen with a non T&L Intel card that hasn't had any problems :p

My CPU is only 2.0 GHz but I do have 1.5GB RAM not sure it will make much of a difference but It sounds like for Civ4 the more RAM the better. Since it sounds like It will run (possibly slowly) Ill be getting Civ4 soon.

Yes, Civ4 is very RAM hungry. But with 1.5 GB you'll be fine even for huge maps.

Try it out. If the game doesn't work well, a new video card will work wonders. You don't even need a state-of-the-art one. My Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (64 MB) works fine. (globe view crawls, but isn't important).

(Btw, what are you doing with your PC that you have such specs, but a very outdated video card?)

>(Btw, what are you doing with your PC that you have such specs, but a very outdated video card?)

LOL..i was wondering the same thing...

Other then the RAM it isnt that great. I was planning on doing a full upgrade last year but I couldnt upgrade the power supply because my computer was made by IBM and has a wierd sized case and they dont make a more powerfull power supply that fits in it. So all I could upgrade was the RAM.

Top Bottom