Mind Reader

Is it a screamer?

Oh, now I remember it. It is really cool.

Spoiler :
If it were really a mind reader, you wouldn't have to go through that mathematical equation. Look at the board. You'll notice that some symbols repeat themselves. No matter what number you choose, the number for your final answer will always have the same symbol as 9.

I'm a knowledgeable one when it comes to screamers and I believe this is a screamer. I do know of a screamer called Mind Reader

Mewtarthio said:
Spoiler :
If it were really a mind reader, you wouldn't have to go through that mathematical equation. Look at the board. You'll notice that some symbols repeat themselves. No matter what number you choose, the number for your final answer will always have the same symbol as 9.

Shhhhhh!!!

Spoiler Me proving how religion works, and that god doesn't exist ;) :
For some reason (any mathematicians here??) when you do the requested operation on any number between 0 and 99 the result is a multiple of 9 -- try it on any number !
Now notice how all the multiples of 9 got the same symbol... that happens, surely by magic, to be the one appearing in the ball ;)

I knew there was some solution in mathematics, but I didn't remember it off the top of my head. Thanks, all. Pretty cool what tricks you can pull off with a knowledge of math.

let xy be the two digit number. The value it takes is 10x + y (for isntance, 23 = 10(2) +3).

If you do the first operation, you get x + y.

When you substract that sum from the original number, you get

10x + y - (x + y) = 9x , which is of course always a multiple of 9.

The rest, as they say, is magic: I mean, how does the machine know to put the same symbol for each multiple of 9? ;)

4/5 times it was right. The final one was 0 and it guessed the wrong symbol. Nonetheless, it was a very nifty game.

The 0 should have the same symbol as the multiples of 9. As it doesn´t, the crystal ball allways fails for numbers between 0 and 9.

Top Bottom