1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Minds of Arete

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seymoo, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

There is no way to gain control of the lands around Arete without first controlling Arete itself, there is currently nothing more important to the Triad cause than addressing the peoples concerns

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

The Triad is in control of Arete. Problem solved.

3. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Hey check the poll and think about retracting your statements, for we are only down by 4 votes. The rebels might actually dislodge the triad. Which tells you a lot about the support for triad by the other fractions... this rebellion was rather... impromptu and hastily planned

4. Diamondeye

Blackstone, 4 votes are 4 too many for your goals to be reached; The Triad is still in power. Now, as I know you are a follower of Vandal, who argues that everyone should be able to criticise, I would be glad if you stopped threatening Wooter to retracts his statement. And then leave us Minds alone to ponder over things more serious than this.

5. Ballazic

Ballazic King

You mean 8 votes too many. We are almost 20% larger.

On an other note, I just want you to know, that I will not try to penalize you or anything like that. I respect you and your allies, and agree to disagree. I found a lot of your critisims inciteful, and while i know you wish you were the one to implement them, may i remind you that i walked into this job only days before this issue. I plan on changing alot of things, and addressing some of these wellfounded grievances. While you are not a political ally, i hope we can work together to make this community and nation better.

May the sun shine favorably on you

The Philosophers are a friend of the friends of Aretia

6. Seymoo

Well I didn't expect to become a centre for political discussion this early when I set up this little group of mine. It is most pleasing. But if we could all keep it civil please and refrain from insults that would be most pleasing, we are Aretans after all, not babylonians.

Ballazic, you have my full support, Shattered was most wise to place you in control in his stead. I am ready to help you in your task however I may.

7. Diamondeye

I agree with Seymoo. For crying out load I find Ballazic both more trustworthy and more skilled than Shattered, when it comes to decisions for our empire. If he can handle the work of the Honored One as fine as he has done as second in charge, our nation is surely off to a good start.

8. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

Blackstone, the poll does not show the followers of Vandal, it only shows that people who are not in power, want power. Thats understandable. But also IF there would be more people who want the Triad out of power, that would mean that there will be new elections. And then you will see that the people who now vote against the Triad, are not willing to follow Vandal as their leader, resulting in anarchy because everyone claims that they get their share of power.

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Ok, the rebellion has failed blah,blah,blah.

I have noticed an Up in RP the week, good, we eed as much RP as possible.

10. Seymoo

[ooc:Well then let us try to keep it RP in here as well then shall we]

Since the last meeting of the minds of Arete much had changed, the amount of political debate that had taken place here during the period of the rebellion had made the Minds of Arete a very prodigious group. Seymoo had become even more wealthy and with the help of government workers had built a farm, which supplied food for the city, especially necessary now the pig supply largely went elsewhere. The group was sat in the farmhouse that had been built in the northwest corner of Seymoo's farm, on the banks of the river. Seymoo had chosen it as a good quiet spot in which to think, and discuss. The biggest change however was the absence of Diamondeye, who had left to join the rest of the protectors in New Giruvegan; Seymoo would miss his insight at their meetings.

11. Diamondeye

At the next gathering, Diamondeye declares:
    "I am leaving with some of the other people to found a new city, to expand the empire of the Aretans. We are going northwest to found New Giruvegan, and it is there that you will find me if you seek my participation in discussions. I will ofcourse try to create a discussion group like this one in New Giruvegan as well. You are welcome to join me in the journey. We are leaving soon."
    With these words he leaves. A few of the listeners follow him to the settlers gathering in the town square.

12. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

Waldheri wished Diamondeye favorable statistical outcomes on his journey and then went back to the discussion with the Minds.

So now the pigs have been 'taken' by the Warlords, is there still enough food to feed all the citizens of Arete? And how about the future? I think there will eventually be a limit to our food harvests and with that our population growth. And if we think even further, how can we ever halt our population growth without starving people to death?

13. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Provolion the Historian came for a "State Visit" from the new Warlord City.

Rest assured dear Aretan friends, the Warlord City is very thankful for the swines that feed our soldiers, and its urgent to the needs of our nation and our power that the Warlords retain the swines, as this is our only source of nutrition beyond rice, roots and mushrooms as well as blackberries. Soldiers need meat, and that is a given. I think the Philosophers are better off with their plentiful farms, rivers, coastal fishing with the major fish banks outside Arete, as well as the food that grows on the hills.

The pigs will not be an issue for the Legion at all, as there is food to feed everyone for millenniums to come. The real problem for all of us is to keep our cities happy and healthy, and enough swine comes to Arete for that, and New Giruvegan for that matter.
    Fish is always better for intellectual people than swine, and has always been. Horses let your thoughts run away with you, as horseflesh is excellent for Legion as well. So think about the health and happiness, not the starvation, as of now.

I heard learning how to estimate distances and volumes into fixed sizes and so on would help, as we need to bring in the water from the river. It also allows us to chop the trees in a much wiser way, so we do not chop at the middle of the stem, but the bottom of it.

14. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Unlike the rest of the Faithful, civplayah did not leave for New Giruvegan. He perfered to stay in Arete, to be a represenative of New Giruvegan. Although he may occasionally visit New Giruvegan, he has built a nice hut here in Arete...

15. Badhron

Badhron Warlord

Badhron entered and addressed the others
    "I heard of this group a while ago, but was unable to attend due to the construction of a mine on my land. My time is free now and I am interested in hearing what other great minds have to say"

16. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

I was thinking... History has proved that politicians come here for our council. Maybe we should become an independend group which gives council to anyone who wants it. They can come with their problems, and we can think of solutions.

((OOC: Just like in ancient times people would come to the prophets of old. Although we are not linked to religion.))

17. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal walked into the hut and sat down. He spoke,"I have desided to stay here in Arete, I wish to be apart of the Minds now, if you will take me."

18. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I have Reborn the Minds of Arete as both a RP and Gameplay thread!

all are Invited!