mine/quarry sound overload

standingwolf

Chieftain
has anyone else noticed that after you get about half-way through the game, what i'm assuming is the mine or quarry sound starts going off every time you scroll around the map? with me it happens on basically every second or third mouse stroke, and will happen again and again and again when coming back to certain cities. no other terrain sound effect is so prominent, and it's driving me crazy.

Not sure about Mines and Quarries, but the "rumbling" sound of a pillaged improvement does definitely go off every time you move your camera towards it, yes.

Was going to say the same thing as Ryika. There is also another sound that the Siege Worm makes while tumbling around in the ground, that also goes every time the camera is near it. a lot the time it is just out of Fog of War sight but you can still hear it.

i don't know... i've been getting it routinely at certain of my cities and none of my improvements are pillaged. i also got it once over open ocean. it sounds like rocks tumbling in a quarry. i assumed it was the quarry sound because that city was the only one with a quarry at the time.

Can be cities of AIs too. Just move around the map, and you'll eventually find it. And they take so long to repair their improvements. Darn annoying really, I hate that sound :/

Yeah I often send my workers to other civs that I am cooperating with to repairs their pillaged tiles because the sound is annoying.
Hard when the Civ right next door to you don't want to Cooperate and you cant move your workers in. You have to put up with the sound.
It is why I never Pillage. Apart from alien nests and trade conveys of cause.

i don't suppose there's an easy way to turn that sound off? because if it's a choice between never hearing it and always hearing it, i'm happy to make it go away.

Top Bottom