1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines and Roads Question

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Wesley balestrini, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Wesley balestrini

Wesley balestrini Chieftain

Hello everyone, I'm new here! I hope I'm not breaking some forum rules.

Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm using google to translate (I'm from Brazil).

My first doubt is about the mines. It is written in civilopedia that building mines does not bring down forests / jungles, but this is not happening. Do you need any technology?

My second doubt is about roads. I can not find in civiliopedia information about them, such as: Types, benefits, necessary technologies. Was that missing?

* It also seems to be missing land features in civilopedia, such as mountains and peaks (I know this is unnecessary for veterans, but for beginners who "devour" the wiki, this is very relevant).

Thank you for being able to answer these questions.

2. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

Welcome. I'm surprised Google translate did that well. Not sure why it used the word "doubt" instead of "question", though. Did you use "dúvida" or "pergunta" (or neither)? I think Google made a verb vs. noun mistake.

Regardless, to your questions...

Mines always remove forest / jungle, even in BtS. You're right about the civilopedia, but it should show in red text "on hover" if the selected improvement will remove the forest or jungle.

About routes, Vokarya is currently working on getting those into the civilopedia. I had the same issue when I started. You can check on the progress in this thread:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-civilopedia-section-routes.616423/

You are also correct about Peaks not being in the civilopedia. I don't know if there are any plans for that in the works. Just know that you need the Mountaineering technology to get yields from them, and the base yield without improvements is 3 hammers.

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

The Civilopedia still needs a great deal of work. Mines do remove forest/jungle. If you want to use your forests and jungles without removing them, build Woodcutter/Jungle Camp.

I am in fact working on getting Routes into the Civilopedia. We have hit a small snag that requires DLL work, which I cannot do, but it doesn't seem like it is a huge obstacle. If we don't run into any other obstacles, it will be included shortly.

Hills and Peaks are not in the Civilopedia. Hills especially seem to occupy a grey area between terrain and feature. Both Hills and Peaks are labeled as <GraphicalOnly> in the XML code and that goes all the way back to BTS, so I am reluctant to change that without knowing what it might do. Hills can be combined with other terrain types, so you can have Grassland/Hills, Plains/Hills, or Marsh/Hills.

4. Wesley balestrini

Wesley balestrini Chieftain

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

From my few tests I think it's only "Don't display this item in the pedia."

Aren't there other mods that display Hills and Peaks?