Mini-IOT Eastern Asia

Tambien

Theseus, Duke of Athens
It is 4000 years before the year 0. Man has supported civilization, and civilization has come to one of the only places it can be supported: Eastern Asia.

Welcome to Mini-IOT Eastern Asia, the first installment of the Around the World Mini-IOT Series! This is radically different from the newer installments because:

The rules are simpler
There will be less players
The map is only a region of the Earth.

I created this is because sometimes the bigger games go pretty fast, and I wanted a more laid-back version. I think this is the equivalent of a 'Lazy NES', although I'm not quite sure exactly what those are.

Please read the rules, it won't take you five minutes and I have modified some of them.

Spoiler Maps :

Basemap

Current Map

Rules
1. Updates can only happen after all players have had a chance to comment, or at least 48 hours since the last update, whichever comes first.

2. This is ancient times. There are no nukes. But they are usually prohibited, anyway.

3. I would like to keep to ancient technology, so if you have to RP with techs, please do not overdo it.

4. Mini-Imperium Offtopicum I will start in the year 4000 B.C.E.

5. I am the GM. I will not be playing. I expect you to behave well, or there will be consequences. I am not afraid to report posts.

6. If you choose to resign, the first reserve on the list will have your land, but they will have a choice whether or not to play the same nation as you.

7. IOT is a monster if not kept in check. Please PM me your battle orders, war declarations, claims, etc. in addition to posting them here (so other players can see). If you want to launch a sneak attack, you can give me the battle order without posting.

8 Claims. You are free to claim 6 CONNECTED territories per turn.

Furthermore, please give me maps as well, to save how much searching I have to do to know what the heck you want.

On islands: All islands cost 1 expansion point. And each island is its own territory.

9. If you are at war, you may choose to attack or to not. You can attack 5 territories per turn, provided they're adjacent with your nation. If they are not, you are limited to 2.

Battles will be decided as so:

I will randomly generate two numbers between 1-10, one for the attacker and one for the defender. The higher number wins.

10. Spam:
I'll be rather laid-back about this, but if I need to tell you something I'll post it in size-4 font, bolded.

11. Please notify me if you are going to be inactive, and what you would like done about it.

12. The GM reserves the right to final map changes, and to change the rules at any time.

Posting is not allowed for 24 hours, to give everyone a chance to look at it and know when to sign up. I do not want people who are online right now to have an advantage.

In 24 hours, you may begin posting.

If you are not able to get online tomorrow, PM me and I'll put you on the list. If we have too many people that PM me, I'll put you in a lottery.

Player Nations
The Kingdom of New Tibet (Dhoomstriker)
The Kingdom of the Philipines (momo1000) [Capitol: Manilla]
The Kingdom of Malaysia (Yoshiegg)
The Kingdom of Bactira (christos200)
The Kingdom of Mongolia (civplayah)
The Kingdom of Syberia (Mosher)
The Tsardom of Russia (Red_Spy) [Capitol: Moscow]
The Koryo-Honshu in Exile (General Olaf)
The Kingdom of Kalinga (BSmith1068)

NPC Nations
The Imperial-Ming Nation [Capitol: Seoul; AKA 'The City']
The Union of Nepal [Capitol: Kashyria]
The Republic of Upper Siam [Capitol: Simanosa]
The Viceroyalty of Kampuchea and Laos (Lesser Siam) [Capitol: Siamcity]
The Ivoian City-States [Capitol: Ivoria]
The Kingdom of Manchuria [Capitol: Manchu]

Dead Nations
The Sultanate of Aech (west india man) [Capitol: Aech]
The Kingdom of Kyoto (SouthernKing) [Capitol: Kyoto]

Waiting List
-Aiolos

Credits:
civplayah(rules and original idea)
Tambien(Map)

Q&A Section

Jarrema said:
two basic questions:
1. what happens when 2 players claim the same tile?
2. when at war, can you both attack and claim tiles, or only attack? who can declare war? and when? can I attack without war declaration?
He asked two very good questions, so I am answering them here.

1) They can agree as to the owner, the person who agreed that the territory wasn't theirs claims a different territory. OR. They fight a war over it.

2) both, anyone, anytime, yes

I plan on joining.

The Russian Tribes

Spoiler :

Kingdom of Ivoia (Ινδία)

(For those who don'y get it, I'm playing a what-if of Alexander's conquests turned into a Hellenistic nation in India)

Attachments

• Macedonia.png
    Macedonia.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 294
I plan on joining... As the Kingdom of Kyoto

Spoiler :

Attachments

• kingdomofkyoto.jpg
    kingdomofkyoto.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 775
I plan on joining.

MY FIRST IOT GAME!

The Tribes of Greater Siam is formed by the union of the tribes of the region that is the South of the South-East Asian Region. Every year, a Chief of one tribe (out of the many tribes of the region) will be the King of Greater Siam. The peoples of Greater Siam have, throughout the years, mastered the art of Pottery and Fishing, and fish is the staple of the people of the region.

Initial Claims:

Kalinga

Initial claims:

More details to come.

I plan on joining (Korea and Honshu)

EDIT: OK, so Korea and Japan are taken. In that case, I present:

Koryo-Honshu in Exile

The Koryo-Honshu nation was formed from native tribes fleeing the wrath of imperialist powers on the Korean peninsula and in Japan. Being victims of this discrimination, they do not wish it upon anybody else. They advocate peace and equality, and freedom of peoples. If invaded, however, they will fight hard to the last men to protect their people and freedom.

Claims (teal, northeastern China):

Attachments

• miniiot claims.png
    miniiot claims.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 725
  • Koryo-Honshu in Exile flag.bmp
    206.8 KB · Views: 773
Top Bottom