Mini Mafia: Experimental - Arab Spring [In Play]

Sprig

めんどくさい
Mini Mafia: Experimental - Arab Spring

*Warning* Experimental!

*Warning* Possible Controversial theme… Don’t get sensitive. And if you can’t handle America being the bad guy, walk away now.

A Brief, Incomplete and One sided History
Spoiler :
1950’s – United states of America’s war machine is still in full gear after World War Two. Turns out making weapons makes lot of people rich. And as long as it is not your people dying what the hell aye? Starts developing full blown paranoia about those commies.
1960’s – Islamic culture reaches peak progressions and liberalism. However the Liberals find themselves being systemically wiped out by United States and her Allies. Possibly because they were mistaken for commies or just USA realised that Fanatics, Monarchies and Dictators are easier to control than democratic nations.
1970’s – Saudi Arabia, a complete backwater nation of fanatics, find themselves the largest oil producer in the world. Iran shows the world that it is possible to overthrow of USA supported monarchies /dictatorships.
1980’s - Iran–Iraq War results in 1–1.25 million casualties, heavily financed USA. Israel invades Lebanon. First Palestinian uprising against Israel.
1990’s – Kuwait starts nicking oil off Iraq. Iraq asks its old friend USA to invade and USA Greenlights. Then hurriedly backtracks after global condemnation. USA notes threats to other Allies like the Old Saudis and decides to invade Iraq.
2000’s – Iraq makes noises about pricing oil in another currency and USA swiftly acts. Can you say WMD’s?
2010’s – Liberal Muslims protests around the Middle East against oppressive rule and Sharia Law becomes known as the Arab Spring. Islamic fanatical factions fight back support by American interests and culminates in a civil war in Syria. A particularly nasty group of fanatics equipped with American weapons and savvy Social media skills, does some nasty stuff and hilariously gets branded as the Fourth Reich.

Story:
2020’s – The Real Arab Spring. Middle East citizens finally stand up in against their fanatical Islamic brethren and overthrow the oppressive regimes that controlled them. A grand council of Arab Nations is formed to tackle the implications of forming stable and progressive democracies for its citizens and shaking off the influences of foreign nations.

Unfortunately foreign influences still threaten to derail the region from becoming progressive and stable. American funded lackeys have infiltrated the council and are threatening to derail the process. It is your job as ambassador of your country to weed out these traitors.

However this task will be difficult because, as you know, America likes to Change the Rules! And it has the power and influence to do so!

Game Rules (Not Variable)

1. I trust you all know the Basics of Mafia. If you don’t and are new to Mafia this is probably not the first game to try because of its experimental nature. If you are still really keen to participate, Let me know by pm. I may give you a crash course on mafia 101 and allow you to participate.

2. The Mafia players will be randomly selected from the player list and receive a PM inviting them to the team Quick Topic. If you don’t get that PM, Guess what, you’re a towny.

3. The Mafia win when their numbers Equal or outnumber, the number of remaining Innocents.

4. Private communication is allowed.

5. I don’t care about quoting private communication of other players or even shearing screenshots. However, DO NOT quote me ever! Whether that is a private communication or any of my in thread update posts.

6. Do not edit your posts, ever! I normally do not care about this when hosting but for this experiment I do.

7. If you are dead you may no longer post in thread. I will send you a link to dead QT to chat with other players.

8. Role/Alignment will be truthfully revealed upon death.

9. BE ACTIVE! You're encouraged to not only vote, but to participate in lengthy and in-depth discussions in the thread. This game was designed for active players, not inactive ones.

10. Voting ties for the are decided by Post count. Player with the least amount of posts will be lynched.

11. You can not make consecutive posts. Any consecutive posts will be ignored for vote counting purposes.

12. Have fun! This is, above all, a game. Having fun and respecting your fellow player is more important than winning the game.

13. If you're unsure whether or not you're allowed to do something, don't do it. You can always ask me. (Read the rules first, though.)

14. WOGs will occur as I deem them fit. Please, please don't make me WOG you. If possible, I will replace you, but even that is inconvenient. If I run out of reserves, I may use players who died very early.

Note: Rule 5 & 6 are Wog worthy. You will get only one warning for an infraction. And infraction post will not be counted for any

Setup: (Variable Rules)

15. Phases - Each Day is 48 hrs or there abouts. There is no night phase. This game is about Mafia manipulating the lynch.

16. Votes – Each day phase players vote for who they suspect is mafia. The player with the most amount of votes at the end of the day is Lynched. A vote is by default considered any public accusation or suspicion against an identifiable player.

For Example the following may all be considered votes depending on the rules:

Democratic Republic of Congo said:
Vote: India – what a scumbag.

India said:
Whatever DRC!

China said:
India why did he vote for you?

17. A Tally which shows only Valid vote numbers against players will be provided both at midday and at end of day.

18. Mafia players will Choose/Create a hidden rule to which will apply the following day. This rule will determine which vote will be valid/invalid.

Official Possible Rule set.

1. Valid votes must contain the prefix 'vote:' and be in Bold.
  2. Only your first vote will be valid. Vote changes will be ignored.
  3. Votes are only valid if they are in a colour other than black.
  4. Votes are only valid if they occur before midday.
  5. Only votes that have been quoted will be valid.
  6. Votes only valid if players country name is included.
  7. Players allowed unlimited amount of votes. Previous votes remain valid.
  8. Only Zack & Choxorn's vote are valid
  9. Votes are only valid if they occur after midday.
  10. Only votes from Ambassadors from countries that begin with A, E or I are valid
  11. Only 'OMGUS' votes are valid (Voting for a player that has voted for you)
  12. Only votes without "vote:" tag count.
  13. Only votes in posts with a smiley count.
  14. Only votes in odd/even-numbered posts count.
  15. Only every other vote counts.
  16. Only votes in posts with nothing else in them count

Player List:

• KingMorgan, Ambassador of Egypt - Innocent
  • edse, Ambassador of Iran
  • Choxorn, Ambassador of Turkey - Innocent
  • Zack, Ambassador of Yemen - CIA Agent
  • Jarrema, Ambassador of Syria - Israeli Spy
  • SouthernKing, Ambassador of Jordan
  • Spaceman98, Ambassador of Lebanon - Saudi Prince
  • Buddhafish, Ambassador of United Arab Emirates - Innocent
  • Visorslash, Ambassador of Iraq - Innocent
  • Tanar Aerodoth, Ambassador of Qatar

Updates:
Day Zero - Sprig, Ambassador of Palestine is sent home in shame.
Day One - Jarrema, Ambassador of Syria - Actually a Israeli Spy
Day Two - Choxorn, Ambassador of Turkey caught trading Arms, Gold or something. Or was he?
Day Three - Buddhafish, Ambassador of United Arab Emirates was abducted.
Day Four - Spaceman98, Ambassador of Lebanon, Lived the high life. Saudi Prince
Day Five - KingMorgan, Ambassador of Egypt, Framed.
Day Six - Visorslash, Ambassador of Iraq, Ignored.
Day Seven - Zack, Ambassador of Yemen, 20 to Life - CIA Agent

7 townies 3 mafia is a bit painful for the town, I think 7-2 is a better setup, but you're the host. EDIT: Nevermind - no nightkill means it is fine.

Normally I like chaos, but I think option A would be better for the first time round.

In.

I would like to be the Ambassador of Iraq, because Iraq this party. Yeah.

usa #1

10. Voting ties for the are decided by Post count. Player with the least amount of votes will be lynched.
Do you mean most votes? And if there's a tie, the player with the least posts in the day will die?

The town has 4 mislynches this game which is pretty acceptable (generally one mislynch per mafia or 25% mafia to town ratio), considering the ery of the voting the midday tally will be extremely important.

Should make a rule about spam though. Because if there is a tie one person just has to spam posts to stay alive.

I will think about it. At this stage I imagine that spam might have its own set of implications.

The alternative is an elected Mayor/Chairman Role to decide.

Zack is in, and option B, because we goin full chaos

rules said:
DO NOT quote me ever! Whether that is a private communication or any of my in thread update posts.

... This seems like a very questionable rule. Historically, quoting updates and other public GM posts for things like tallies and rule clarifications (and rule clarification questions) is important to normal play.

Why have it?

... This seems like a very questionable rule. Historically, quoting updates and other public GM posts for things like tallies and rule clarifications (and rule clarification questions) is important to normal play.

Why have it?

I wanted to eliminate the possibility of my posts being used to cover for whatever rule is in effect. I can envisage situations where quoting my posts may affect the tally.

I don't want to be influenced/careful about how I do an update.

In any case, in as Lebanon, though breaking my habbit of quoting tallies will be hard, and in a game like this, people are guaranteed not to read the rules, and now I can't respond by snarkily quoting the rule they didn't read :-(

I am in, option a

Top Bottom