1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mini-Modcomp] Changed Arabic UP

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Ginnungagap, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Ginnungagap

Ginnungagap Chieftain

Mainly for the 3000 BC start with lots of religions spreading in the middle east. With this mini-modcomp the arabic UP removes all religions (if the city isn't the Holy City) from a conquered city. All normal effects (temples and co.) stay.

Simply replace the "UniquePowers.py" with the attached file (it's a .py-file, because of the forum i had to change the ending) or add these lines:
    Code:
    for iReligionLoop in range(iNumReligions):
         if (iReligionLoop != iStateReligion):
              if (not city.isHolyCityByType(iReligionLoop)):
                   city.setHasReligion(iReligionLoop, False, False, False)
    below these:
    Code:
    def arabianUP(self, city):
         pArabia = gc.getPlayer(iArabia)
         iStateReligion = pArabia.getStateReligion()
         if (iStateReligion >= 0):
              if (not city.isHasReligion(iStateReligion)):
                   city.setHasReligion(iStateReligion, True, True, False)
              if (not city.hasBuilding(iTemple + iStateReligion*4)):
                   city.setHasRealBuilding((iTemple + iStateReligion*4), True)
              if (not city.hasBuilding(iCathedral + iStateReligion*4)):
                   city.setHasRealBuilding((iCathedral + iStateReligion*4), True)
    in the same file.

Have Fun :)

Attached Files:

2. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Very nice change, I mostly play the 600ad start, but I will download it anyway as it will be usefull if I play earlier.

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I like the idea, but if I use it the game is lost at start...

4. Verily

Verily Chieftain

Or the UHV, anyway. You need to make it not apply to holy cities.

5. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister Chieftain

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. And I don't get what you mean by by lots of religions going into the Middle East? The big 3 monotheist religions are present, as they should be. Judaism is over-represented but that's due to the game mechanics and the debatable question of whether Judaism should be in the game. Hinduism sometimes gets into Persia, but that's about it and unavoidable since no Zoroastrianism.

The UP doesn't really work with the Arabs as historically they had to work with the other monotheist faiths (Judea, al-Andalus) and the ancient Arabs did not repress at least the monotheistic religions during the time period of their empire and Muslim expansion.

6. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

what I was trying to say is that it doesn't work in the implementation, not in the idea. When I start a game with those lines in Python, it immediatly ends with a loss.

7. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Hi,

I'm currently creating my own mod called Rhye's and Fall Realism, and I would like to implement your mod. I tried to follow your instructions to the letter, but in the end it didn't work at all, as in nothing happened. So I attached my Uniquepowers.py file to this post, I was hoping that you could take a look, and tell me if it is correct.

Thanks!

Attached Files: