Mini-NOTW II: "Making Money" - Game Thread

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
Mini-NOTW II: Making Money
Game thread

... Still in shock, the eighteen men looked down in the trench, at the dead guide. After several minutes, one of them spoke up:
"The killer, whoever he is, must be among us. There are no others around for miles."
The group murmered in agreement: it was the only explanation. Someone among them did not want the caravan to reach Balmesque lands. And even worse; they might want to get rid of the rest of the group to keep the wares for themselves!

Everyone quickly agreed that the killer had to be found, and out here in the wilderness, very few rules applied. The merchants agreed that the best way to root out the killer was to vote about who should be put to the sword each evening.
Eventually, they would catch the killer... And by then, there would probably be a considerably larger share to whoever was alive...

Welcome to Mini-NOTW II: Making Money!

Updates:
Nights will last 24 hours and will fall Thursday and Sunday afternoons, at 19 GMT. That means days will last either 48 or 72 hours. I reserve the right to push an update an hour or two, should something Real-Life interfere.

Voting:
Support votes are allowed, in bold green. Accusations are in bold black, and items will be decided along the way. There is no voting threshold like in Mini-NOTW I.

Victory conditions:
As to avoid any "deaths by GM", here is the "innocent" victory condition:
Diamondeye said:
Caravan: Elliminate all threats to the caravan.
(Yes, "elliminate" with two l's :rolleyes:)

All players have personal goals.

Players:

Armor Trader: Hell_Hound - Executed, Day 3
Art Trader: BananaLee - Killed, Night 5
Fine Clothes Trader: Winston Hughes - Survived to the end, but lost
Furs Trader: Bratmon - Executed, Day 4 (Brigand)
Hippus Horse Archer: CCRunner - Killed, Night 1
Hippus Lancer: Kulko - Killed, Night 5
Hippus Mounted Swordsman: Oyzar - Poisoned, Day 3 (Brigand)
Horse Merchant: Sepuku - Killed, Night 2
Jewellery Trader: Niklas - Killed, Night 4 (Brigand)
Potions Trader: Krill - Survived to the end, but lost
Reagents Trader: Charles Li - Executed, Day 2
Slave Trader: Seon - Survived to the end, but lost
Spices Trader: LightFang - Victorious! (Nightwatch)
Supply Master: KingMorgan - Killed, Night 3
Tools Trader: PaulusIII - Escaped, Night 1 - Victory condition reached!
Trade Guild Representant: Tasslehoff - Survived to the end, but lost
Weapons Trader: MooseWarrior - Executed, Day 1
Wine Trader: Renata - Victorious! (Nightwatch)

No voting the first day - night falls in ~22 hours!

Who would have done this? Would anyone kindly step forward? (looks around). Anyone? (Looks around again). Dang

OOC: I needed to subscribe :p

Dressed in lustrous silks and dazzling satins, the Fine Clothes Trader looks every bit the pampered dandy. From his magnificently-feathered hat, to his enormous rainbow-coloured trousers, the whole outfit speaks of luxury beyond the wildest dreams of most men. But, despite his weak-wristed appearance, he seems to have taken the latest turn of events in his stride, and has started singing a rather catchy little tune...

They seek me here, they seek me there,
My clothes are loud, but never square.
It will make or break me so I've got to buy the best,
'Cos I'm a dedicated follower of fashion.

The fur trader stares at the body for awhile. He appears to be deep in thought, then he swears under his breath and walks off. He's never been a very vocal one...

Clothed in crinkled leather trench coat coloured with mysterious blotches, and faded cotton trousers that barely kept in the warmth, the potions trader stared mournfully at the lump of meat at the bottom of the trench.

*mutter* Damn, that's one less person to sell to...

OOC: subscribed...

The Fine Clothes Trader stares at the Potions Trader with carefully disguised contempt.

Dahling, that outfit is so you! The trousers are just perfect. And the coat? A triumph! The rustic look is very in this season.

But...

He pauses for dramatic effect.

Have you thought about accessorising?

He tilts his head slightly, as if sizing up the Potions Trader.

Mmm, yes. I'm thinking suede belt and cashmere shoulder-scarf. Brown is definitely your colour, but a subtle turquoise would add a touch of sophistication, don't you think?

It's just so spicy, this whole situation! I mean, a murder on our hands is pretty explosive. I didn't mean that this situation was a finely ground herb or anything.

The Spice Trader is not known for his particularly clever wit. What he is known for are his spices.

He shrugged, letting the folds of his beautiful robe ripple. Only rich men could wear robes, so it was a status symbol, or something. It was, though, brown, so it had some modicum of practicality. He'd bought it from the Fine Clothes Trader. It really lived up to the "fine" part; the material was soft and actually now that you thought about it, delicate too. Probably not the best travel wear, but then again, fine clothing didn't make for good travelwear, so you knew you were rich if you could do things like romp about dusty roads and still look halfway decent.

The mercenary speaks out what everyone are thinking. "Someone clearly don't want us to reach the Balmesque lands. Why did they join this caravan in the first place if they had no intention of benefitting from reaching our target?".

They're after me lucky gold my good mercenary companion.

They're planning on killing me an' takin ma hard earned gold! Then they'll kill the rest of you lot just to eliminate any witnesses! It's a conspiracy I say! :gripe:

Yes, a work of a true conspirators. Well, they won't get my hard-earned (?) golds.

And... err... we are sure that a... human, elf, orc, or whatever species we are did this, right? No werewolves or demons that I have been hearing about in my travels? (ie: Can the GM confirm what exactly killed the elf? I mean, we should know if there is a giant 3-foot long claw mark on the guide or something...)

Or perhaps somebody merely wanted all the wealth held by each of us. So far we have three or so that dress their status so we can't rule out either bandits or wealthy, greedy merchants :p

"What a mess! What a f**ing mess!"

The lancer took a short look at the dead scout and then glanced disdainfully at the miserable rabble where the merchants discussed how the killer probably would probably be after their money.

"Without a scout you have much moire to lose in these dangerous lands" he murmured to himself and then strode back to his horse and arms. It would be best to be well prepared for the coming days.

GM Clarification: On closer studies, the body of the guide is not covered in three-feet long scars. A single cut across the throat, merely.

Also, reading the story in the OP of the sign-up would provide a bit of info (like where the caravan is from) if you were missing that. Everyone's characters are male, even if some of them has a rather feminine personality (winston ;) )

Night in roughly 9 hours.

The armour trader looked around nervously, as from past experience and obvious logic, when someone is murdered in a situation like this, it generally means a whole load of fingerpointing and death.

But he realised everyone else had noticed that too, obviously ;)

(ooc: subscribed)

Well, isn't THAT great.. A sausage fest.. :p

I heard thats the only reason you came along on this trip ;) :lol:

Supply master isn't worried, Scouts are 2 a penny these days - if only he could get a fire going he could send some smoke signals and have a replacment sent up next day delivery.

But we paid the guards and the scout handsomely when we left...why does the Supply Master think we can get another scout on the cheap...is it to gain backup while you wipe out the real tradesmen?

You are very paranoid Potion Trader, i am merely stating a fact. It is increadabily easy to get good scouts, you just need to know the right people. Perhaps it is you who doesn't wish this caravan to suceed. i'm an honest merchant with quality goods, perhaps you covert them instead of your whiffy, stinky and usless potions?

The Jewellery Trader is looking very displeased with the situation. Very.

I see. Among us we clearly have someone with an imperfect mindset. Imperfect, flawed, dare I say... chipped? This guide came highly recommended. Highly. He was the perfect man for the task they said, but perfection is clearly relative. Like all men, he had a weakness, and someone saw fit to put the chisel in the crack. But who? And why? It doesn't take the sharpest of minds to figure out that someone is after our goods.

He snorts in contempt at the Horse Archer's apparent skewed idea of his own importance.

<insert generic oh God the killer is loose statement>

(OOC: if you insist ...)

There's a killer among us? Oh, what to do, what to do? You never see things like this back in Kwythellar.

The wine trader is a small fat man with florid red cheeks and an ill-fitting orange turban. Contrary to stereotypes, he is also stone cold sober, though that fact gives him no comfort just now. He eyes his own wine casks longingly, but even his desire for an escape from fear can't quite overcome the profit motive, and the casks remain untapped.

(OOC: Gah, that stinks! Curse this game for starting just when a teammate of mine is up to fight in S&F. I can't focus my head on anything else. :rolleyes: )

Top Bottom