Minimap working again!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I am very pleased to announce that the minimap that is displayed as part of the game details is finally working again!!

The code we were using, and that has been very problematic, has been replaced by code used by the Game of the Month developed by @AlanH who kindly shared it with us - many thanks to him.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

lymond, nocho, Qactus and 1 other person like this.
  2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Please note that the map is generated the first time it is requested, it is then stored in our database so subsequent visits will display it quicker than the initial one.

3. Walter_Wolf

Walter_Wolf King

That's just awesome.
    Thank you very much for keeping the HoF alive and fixing the problems. It's much appreciated.

Even if we don't have a huge player base any more, the HoF keeps (me at least) still interested in the game. If it wasn't for the HoF, I would probably only just play minesweeper or pacman these days.

cheers
    WW

Kaitzilla and Noble Zarkon like this.
  4. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Deity

Thx. So I'm playing now on a 104x64 size map. Sure beats having to count tiles to determine that.

Noble Zarkon likes this.