1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimod: New Sounds

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Planetfall Mod' started by Praetyre, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Praetyre

Praetyre King

Having recently gotten back to the wonderful world of the Civ series, including the still-timeless SMAC, I decided to give this mod a look. In many ways, I like it, it improves in many ways on the basic SMAC formula while keeping a firm sense of personality, complexity and charm that is so often lost in modern day 3D remakes of these masterpieces. One thing I did miss, however, was the basic audio from SMAC. WarKirby's pack did a good job with the combat sounds and the tech quotes, but it always felt a little odd to hear tribal war drums and Gothic bells playing in the context of a game my mind always associated with strange, subtle alien tones and oppressive, foreboding electronic beats.

So, without further ado, here's the current version of my mini-sound mod for Planetfall v14, though I don't see why further versions would conflict, since it's just a matter of extracting some wav files to Assets/Sounds. I also have a music version, but as that removes a couple of tracks and adds several from an entirely different soundtrack (though one I still feel fits the setting), I'll likely post it seperately if there's enough demand for it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X402FM8I

2. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

I get a message the file isn't available.

3. Praetyre

Praetyre King

Hmm, that's strange... works for me. Sometimes I find switching to a different browser helps. FlashGet and SkipScreen are a tricky combo for some sites...

4. DasMammut

DasMammut Chieftain

I like :)

And I'd certainly be interested in the music version!

5. Martin Santiago

Martin Santiago Chieftain

I'm using this, too, and I like it quite a bit.

Certainly better than the standard Civ 4 horn blaring whenever someone starts/ends a war.

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity