Minimods to add?

Arkaeyn

King
I miss a few little cosmetic tweaks from Sevomod when I play R&F. Little things like having the happy/sad faces next to the AI, or the thing which tells you how soon a culture expansion will take place. So I started this thread so we could list our favorite cosmetic mods - NOT GAMEPLAY - that just make Civ4 better.

Any others?

I can say right now that the Plot List Enhancement mod is completely compatible with RFC, thankfully.

Other than that, I know I have cultural decay in my custom assets folder, but it doesn't seem to do anything, so I don't think its compatible.

Prestidigitator said:
I proposed the Ethnically Diverse Units, but unfortunately Rhye said it was 'incomplete', I don't know why, it seemed complete to me ;)?
Maybe he doesn't feel that its diverse enough? :confused:

Better Ship Scale! :p (Actually I put it to every version of RFC I download, and also change the cvmainscreen.py so that enemies that die disappear from the list).

Elhoim said:
Better Ship Scale! :p (Actually I put it to every version of RFC I download, and also change the cvmainscreen.py so that enemies that die disappear from the list).
I second that, and speaking of unit alteration, how about including SeZereth's 'Regiments' mod, which makes unit appear as big formations of more units.

I second that, and speaking of unit alteration, how about including SeZereth's 'Regiments' mod, which makes unit appear as big formations of more units.

I like it, but I feel that the units are too small. I loose them in the forests! It is nice, but sometimes it gets in the way of gameplay...

Elhoim said:
I like it, but I feel that the units are too small. I loose them in the forests! [...]
What monitor size do you have Elhoim? ;) :joke:
You're right, but losing units in forests is one of the aspects I like in this mini-mod, it makes units look more realistic.

No, they dissappear from the contact list, the one on the right. It is mostly for avoiding cluttering the list with dead civs, especially in this 18 civs cases.

Regiments probably slows the computer down, at least a little, since it adds extra models to display. This goes against the goal of being a fast mod.

I think Rhye should have a look at TheLopez's library of codes, or maybe some of us are supposed to bring some of the ideas here.

TheLopez has done quite a bit of modding in the community, the only problem is that, come Warlords, ALL (and that's my strong guess) mods would have to be updated to suit the Warlords core dll.

How fast would the core of the mod be updated? that all depends on how easy adapting into the new SDK will be :rolleyes:

Top Bottom