1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ministry of Defense, Term 7

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by peter grimes, Jan 31, 2007.

1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

For the moment Immortal keep has been given over to the Defense Ministry. Naturally I will take it over once we need to get some other building for happiness and/or health.

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I still haven't had a chance to go over the save....

Tonight I don't have much to do, so hopefully I'll be able to put together a plan.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Okay, I've just spent a little time with the save:

I'm thinking that we want to get 4 - 5 ChoKuNus, 4 - 5 Maces, 3 - 4 Catapults, and 3 - 4 Pikes prepped for the Invasion. This doesn't include Knights, or Cavalry, as we'll want just about as many of those as we can possibly produce.

The other thing that's going to be relevant to the invasion: More Galleys!! I'm assuming that we won't have Galleons available to us. We're going to need at least 10 galleys available.

Along those lines, we'll need to settle Overlook Bay to act as a staging ground. I didn't notice any settlers being trained. :hmm:

Viking Convert will be well-used to scout out the shore ESE of Sunrise Citadel - after he unloads the cargo of workers, clearly :)

We currently have 6 warriors on duty as MP, and 3 catapults. Those cats should be freed up over the next dozen turns, unless we're going to revolt to civics that grant us more XP out the door.

So for the short term, Immortal Keep may alternate between 2 turn ChoKs and 3 turn Maces.

Thoughts?

4. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Good start :thumbsup:

Couple quick comments though

1) We really SHOULD have Galleons in time for the invasion – our tech deal with Piffle calls for us to have them by the time we get gunpowder and the ability to build Cavalry.

2) I think Viking Convert should probably stick close to home, or at least come right back to stay after the initial landing, because he’s basically our life-line to reinforce Sunrise Citadel if it comes under attack – as there’s no roads down to reinforce, all supplies will have to come via galley from Sunset Fortress.

Very much agree that Overlook Bay needs to be founded soon, and hopefully get up to speed in time to help us produce Galleons.

:salute:

5. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Good point about Viking Convert. The only thing that worries me here is that we really don't have a good idea of Loco's shore, and we're likely to lose access the longer we wait before scouting.

I hear you that VC is our only lifeline to Sunrise Citadel, but our President has wisely sent a fairly strong contingent there to be a garrison.

I guess the best case scenario (in my opinion) is to have a second galley built to serve as a Rapid Reinforcement Response Raft. :)
    This would allow timely reconnoiter of Loco's shore.

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

We should Have a Caravel that can Explore to the South East As it seems his northern passage is no where to be found... :mad:

7. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Western Friend needs to wake up and start moving.

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Yeah - did their borders expand, or did we leave him inside Aloha's territory last turn? :shifty:

By the way - I'm not stellar at timing whips, so if there is anything that is beneficial to do in Immortal Keep, I'm all for it :)

9. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Western Friend Moved Last turn.

He took one last peek at Aloha's Land :mischief:

And Obsevered a LongBow. :)
    Spoiler :

Furthermore his Sees that The Barb Axeman must have moved onto the Horses.
    Spoiler :
    Spoiler :

10. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Just looked at my first 'saved before pressing enter' installment.

Is it possible for Innovia to see that we have access to Iron? They aren't hooked up to our trade network, so I don't think they can... So if I'm right, then disregard the following:

It is not a good idea to show Innovia (and everyone else, for that matter), that we have Iron by letting that little rascal of an interloper (who is promoted to Woodsman II, unfortunately) see our ChoKuNu that is now heading SW from Immortal Keep. The safe thing to do would be to return the Chok to Immortal Keep, as the interloper can't get that far in one turn.

To where is the Port-'o'-Mists settler headed? I just want to make sure that we've got a defensive unit ready for him.

I see that Immortal Keep has been switched to a worker (to be finished in 3). We should go back to pumping ChoKuNus after that. ChoKuNus are the most economical city defense unit we can produce right now, as they can also be effective outside city walls, whereas Longbows aren't so much.

OT - Innovia founded a new town (maybe last turn?) called Port Tropicana. It's small borders can be seen SSE of Polynesia.

EDIT: is the explorer north of Aloha going to take a second look at that goody hut? :mischief:

11. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Correct they can not see we have iron.

Can Do Boss, but then Holy city will be :mad:. It is your Call, but to me the more people that know we have iron the more they will think twice before messin with us ;)

Those 2 go Together. That settler is going to make a Beeline for Clam Cove. Or whatever the new name is. (where there is convininetly a Maceman Waiting ;) )
    As for the Worker. The reason that is comming from IK is because that is the fastest place to build one (and is also close to clam cove). So once done he will start the path to Clam Cove and then do Work for Clam Cove.

**Note Side point, The Settler that will come out of Sunset will head off to Argyle's watch. Port of Mists will produce another settler (intermitently with a worker and 2 workboats) which will found scion city.
    Finally Mighty B, Port of Mists, or Sunrise will produce the Settler to head to our last planned city location.**

That was the plan but you could always make it official :)

12. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I don't know if I completely agree with this. Strong arguments can be made for both sides. Right now I'm of the opinion that we should keep our possession of Iron a strategic secret. A turn or two of :mad: is not a steep price to pay. But I might be taking too much from the Dick Cheney playbook ;)

Okay, so I didn't realize that Defense had any say over how explorers were to be moved. Sorry about that!

Therefore, Proposed Orders for t148*:
    ChoKuNu: dont' let that Marauding Innovian Rascal see you!... go back to Immortal Keep, or head NNW into the woods. He's got Woodsman II, so be careful!

Western Friend: Go check out that goody hut again - hopefully the barb has moved.

Immortal Keep: Continue producing ChukuNus for our new cities' defenses. We're going to found 4 mroe cities. After that, we'll start to tailor some prebuilds for our Loco Attack Force (LAF)

*subject to change, based upon discussion

13. Memphus

Memphus Deity

:lol: Ok can do. Any bets from the team ;)

(Barbs don't move once they find huts they fortify)

14. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I didn't know that. Oh well :(

15. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

The most efficient way to complete Globe Theater is by whipping spearmen & catapults and investing the overflow.

So the question is, how many more spearmen/catapults do you need?

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Well, it's hard to have too many catapults :)

Spearmen would be great to have if we planned on spending gold to upgrade them once cavalry start roaming. But if we don't expect to defend against cavalry, then I don't know that we need so many. Maybe 5 or so?

Anyone else have opinions on this?

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I would not worry with spearmen, so I would jus go for Catas.

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Catapults cost :40: hammers:
    Spears Cost 35 :hammers:

we will receive 2 :hammers: for the build. then 2 + 60 :hammers: for the :whipped:

that said for every 3 turn cycle:
    A Catapult will net (4 + 60 - 40) = 24 + 2 :hammers: = 26 :hammers:
    A Spearman will net (4 + 60 - 35) = 29 + 2 :hammers: = 31 :hammers:

19. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

In other words, we are coming out 5 hammers ahead every three turns if we go with spears, right?

1. So how many turn cycles are we talking about doing this for?
    2. We will need to keep adding to the garrison to keep :mad: under control, right?
    3. Once the Globe is built, all units become available, right?

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Fine with me, I think it's a good idea. As long as we are going to switch back to Chok's from Immortal Keep soon ;)

Anyone else want to plant our Western Friend on Aloha's Iron?? I know I do! :evil:
    If the barb attacks, the odds are a bit in our favor. If he doesn't, we'll be there for quite a long time - at least unitl Aloha discovers us there. Then we can extort them. Muahahaha! [We may also be able to extort Piffle: How much will you give us to garrison some troops on Aloha's Iron?]