1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ministry of Defense, Term 9

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by peter grimes, May 1, 2007.

1. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I think we should give one of our frigates the Sentry promotion.

A Sentry cavalry would help too.

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

:salute: Peter any other thoughts?

Dave, any thoughts on where to set up our Fog busting units we now Have 4 (2 Caravels & 2 Frigate) in the East?

also when should we send a ship or 2 to the West?

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I agree with Dave's suggestion, with the only addition that it might be a good idea to give one of the defenders in Mycenae Medic, so that city can operate as a refuge for frontline units that need to heal fast.

EDIT: I'm no longer acting in any capacity for the Ministry of Defense, in case it hasn't been obvious. I think we've gone two terms now without an official Minister of Defense ;)

4. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

Ah, that's probably the reason why we've stopped caring about defense and are now focusing more on offense. :lol:

Oh, and hi. :wavey: Sorry for being a lurker only right now (I told you that would happen...), but even if I had more time, I wouldn't have much to say - you're all doing a great job of making Epsilon soon the ruler of the world... :goodjob:

I'm still reading this forum regularly, and I'm looking very much forward to our upcoming invasion. Go Epsilon go! :hammer:

-Kylearan

5. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Great to know you're still around :)

6. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

:agree: - please feel free to barge in if the ship of state starts to drift! :)

7. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Should be renamed to Ministry of Offence.

Am I to Assume that All units are to join together on the Copper?

Also where is the next boat load of Cannons going? (loco is weak to the North where our Frigate is)

Also should we wipe out Innovia's water fleet? or jsut ignore thier border breach and send out Caravels into their waters?

8. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I would send caravels to Innovian waters, just to do the same thing that we are doing. If we think they are giving out valuable info about our ships, then we could remove the caravels from our water.

IF the coper is on a hill, then it is a perfect place to send our troops.

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

The only way we could remove their Caravels from our waters is by Declaring War on Innovia. Is that really a good idea at this point? We do have Frigates which should be able to prevent a landing for some time, but I don't think we want to provoke them too far.

However, I think that Classical's idea of 'parity' is good: We'll have our Caravel start mapping their coastline extensively ;)

10. General_W

Too bad there are no Privateers in Vanilla Civ4… They'd be perfect for wiping out those caravels…

Let's just let it slide… no reason to antagonize Innovia. We want them to sit on the side lines long enough that it'll be too late. (hopefully it already is too late).

If we can take away Loco's Copper, that'd restrict their low-tech/cheap military build options, since they still don't have Iron. Either way, sticking to the hills is always good to blunt any counter attacks.

11. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Or stay in forests or jungles, for the extra defence .

12. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Our Innovian lookout (is it Columbus? I'm not sure) can't cover all the potential avenues out of Powderton. If we move 1s we can gain a little sight if they head south... unfortunately there's not way we can see all their potential resting spots after 4 moves :(

13. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Can you set up a 4-tile patrol route to cover everything?

14. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Yes, simply station the Caravel 1s from current position. That's the home base.

During the turn:
    move 1s,
    then 2n,
    then 1s to return to home base.

I believe that will cover all possible end tiles for a 4 move ship from Powderton.

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So we want to cycle that unit every turn? Can do.

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Just had a look at the save, and I'm pretty surprised by Loco's tactics.

It's clear that they're going to lose the city, yet they keep many defenders there. Plus, there are two other units to the east, on the furs. Maybe they are trying to move those in to reinforce? If that's all they can muster, this should go pretty fast :ar15:

Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I were Loco I would have evacuated the city to save those muskets!

Attached Files:

17. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I am more surprised they didn't draft and whip this turn. That would at least make it close.

18. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Yeah when I saw the switch to Nationalism last turn I figured they would have had 4 more muskets....oh well I can play the save in 4 hours at which point the city will be ours :evil:

19. General_W

:dance: ... maybe this is just the pro-Epsilon resistance in the LOCO towns... helping us to throw off the incompetent leaders that have put them in this plight. :D

20. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Wrong thread