minor bugs?

derflensburger

Chieftain
first of all: many thanks for the great work!

now: I'm getting two BUGs in the MOD I've just downloaded a couple of days ago:

1) Between turns I get a lot of white messages, something like "event manager failed"...

2) When changing a scenario by setting new cities in the world builder, these cities don't have (or at least don't show) which ressources they have access to.
When I delete that city and set it new and leave the WB everything is okay. Once I save the now seemingly working WB-file and load it again the problem reoccurs...
After some trying I figured out that the problem only exists for new civs like the Polish Civ or the Phoeniziers (?).

Any ideas?

Furthermore:

3) The scoreboard is shown in the city screen as well which is annoying.

1) Between turns I get a lot of white messages, something like "event manager failed"...

Make sure you've installed the 2 patches found in the first post of the Troubleshooting thread. If that doesn't clear it up, please enable Python Exceptions and logging (in CivilizationIV.ini) and post your PythonErr.log.

2) When changing a scenario by setting new cities in the world builder, these cities don't have (or at least don't show) which ressources they have access to.
When I delete that city and set it new and leave the WB everything is okay. Once I save the now seemingly working WB-file and load it again the problem reoccurs...
After some trying I figured out that the problem only exists for new civs like the Polish Civ or the Phoeniziers (?).

Placing cities via Worldbuilder doesn't trigger all the same events that building a city in game does. This can lead to all sorts of problems. If you're creating a scenario in HR, I recommend using Worldbuilder to place Settlers and then build cities, rather than creating cities directly.

3) The scoreboard is shown in the city screen as well which is annoying.

Almost certainly a side effect of problem #1.

Make sure you've installed the 2 patches found in the first post of the Troubleshooting thread. If that doesn't clear it up, please enable Python Exceptions and logging (in CivilizationIV.ini) and post your PythonErr.log.

Placing cities via Worldbuilder doesn't trigger all the same events that building a city in game does. This can lead to all sorts of problems. If you're creating a scenario in HR, I recommend using Worldbuilder to place Settlers and then build cities, rather than creating cities directly.

Almost certainly a side effect of problem #1.

It is always possible to add codes to force WB to trigger onCityBuilt codes for new cities added.
But seeing that it is the same for techs, buildings, promotions etc, I prefer to leave it alone.

It is always possible to add codes to force WB to trigger onCityBuilt codes for new cities added.
But seeing that it is the same for techs, buildings, promotions etc, I prefer to leave it alone.

Yeah I figured that would be possible. Haven't done it myself yet because it would be a pain to merge every time you release an update. Would you consider adding it as an option? bTriggerEvents or such like?

It is a pain to merge, but it is a bigger pain to code from scratch :mischief:

Thanks a lot, at first glance the fixes seemed to have solved the problems!

Special thanks for your quick replies!

Top Bottom