Minor city name glitch - new names will not appear

jason77024

Warlord
Folks,

I am running into a head-scratcher here.. I have changed a couple city names (German and American) in CIV4GameTextInfos_Cities (located in)

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text

as well as a Dutch name in

CIV4GameText_Cities_BTS

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Text

The change I made in the BTS file is recognized, but not those in the Civ 4 file. However, older changes (Russian) I made in the same Civ 4 file are still showing up as amended. The same file that has the Russian changes also has the newer would-be changes. In other words, I got this to work once!

I did not change the TXT_KEY tag lines in any case - just the associated text.

I have cleared the cache and restarted my machine for good measure.

While I did run a search for this, I didn't come across anything other than the cache clearing suggestion. if I missed an appropriate thread please feel free to direct me there. Thanks in advance for all other recommendations.

[Clarification: The changes to the Russian city names do appear in BTS as well.]

clear the game cache by holding down shift during startup...

Ori, thanks for the rec. I think I did this (I tried to, at least), though I didn't get any confirmation during start-up. But I will muck around with it a bit more, since that explanation does make the most sense.

Edit: Cleared cache confirmed - Init XML (Uncached). That didn't get it. I am running the BUG Mod - and 3.17 - as my standard set-up. (Hope that isn't a "Oh, -now- you tell me" item.)

Jason

Top Bottom