Minor requests and questions thread

Ahwaric

Shrubbery-hugger
This thread is for minor requests/questions - as arkham4269 suggested.

It is intended as a place to post all minor requests - to keep bug thread for bugs etc..., plus to reduce the number of threads.
And to let me say NO to many requests with a single post :mischief:

So, if you think that your question/request falls into that category, feel free to post it here.
If you think you need a separate thread for an important matter, it is ok to do so.

Oh yeah, I always wondered why people couldn't build supplies, is there any justification for that?

a while ago, i thought it would be more balanced if the city of a thousand slums would become a national wonder.

Oh yeah, I always wondered why people couldn't build supplies, is there any justification for that?
I just did not think about it. I will try to make them buildable, but more expensive than any of the buildings (shipping cost). It will allow the big cities to support development of the small ones.
Just pack some construction material, workers, books and Conan the Librarian, and you got an instant library ;)

a while ago, i thought it would be more balanced if the city of a thousand slums would become a national wonder.
That would cut most of Kuriotate uniquiness, plus it is a world wonder - having any world wonder is not fair (great library? hall of kings?), but you have to build it first.

Two requests -

Bring back 'Regenerate Map'.... please!

Also, is it possible to add a 'no griffons' option in the custom game options? I really, really, really hate how griffons are just megaspawning angels of death in early games, and with their move you can't they effectively come from nowhere.

Two requests -

Bring back 'Regenerate Map'.... please!

It was removed from FfH because the Elohim are able to see all Unique Features from the start of the game, and if the map is regenerated they'd still be able to see the previous locations. I'm actually not sure if they'd be able to see the new Feature locations...

Also, is it possible to add a 'no griffons' option in the custom game options? I really, really, really hate how griffons are just megaspawning angels of death in early games, and with their move you can't they effectively come from nowhere.

I don't want them removed... but because they are so strong they appear all over (because they aren't killed they make nests). I wish there could be TONS of wolves, a few bears, trolls, gorrillas, and a fraction of griffons. It doesn't seem right how there are usually way more griffons than anything else in the game, and it seems that this should be reversed. Everything has equal chance but it should be many weak units, few medium, and rarely the really tough. Then it should start the cycle over again with weak barbarians that get progressively stronger. In my .22c game, I got lucky to get a tech for hunters... it didn't help me because griffons ate them alive just like my scouts, and I dont have much of the map explored at +200 turns.

As another quick request. Why is there so many bards? I keep thinking this will be fixed soon... by turn 200 (on marathon) there had to be ~30 to 40 bards - no joke! If this is intended... then ok, but it would be nice for a little variety at least :p

they have equal chance I think, however griffins don't get killed while everything else does

It seems to me that a simple solution might be to decrease the spawn chances for Griffins and increase them for Wolves.

Colour coded promotions will make it easier to spot if you have a unit who has a strength against a particular unit type / medical units. I've enclosed the necessary .dds files which is snagged from TAM/RoM (I think)

Attachments

• Colour coded.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 87
Garr - and I have no idea where those griffons are created on start so I can tone it down.

...request. Why is there so many bards? I keep thinking this will be fixed soon... by turn 200 (on marathon) there had to be ~30 to 40 bards - no joke! If this is intended... then ok, but it would be nice for a little variety at least :p

My guess has been that they are auto-exploring the lairs and magically getting bards. Maybe the animals are exploring the lairs and killing the bards? Anyone watch?

My guess has been that they are auto-exploring the lairs and magically getting bards. Maybe the animals are exploring the lairs and killing the bards? Anyone watch?

Actually went into the world builder after two bards popped up in the first 15 or so turns. Two cities near me had their borders expand for the second time (aka culture increase of some sort) but were not in revolt (as I recall the event in question that gives you a bard does.)... Are the AIs getting those bards constantly and freely?

EDIT - Ok now I'm spying on a culture who did take that bard. And they also got the 15 turns of infamy. Any way to educate them not to since well, it's stupid?

Actually went into the world builder after two bards popped up in the first 15 or so turns. Two cities near me had their borders expand for the second time (aka culture increase of some sort) but were not in revolt (as I recall the event in question that gives you a bard does.)... Are the AIs getting those bards constantly and freely?

EDIT - Ok now I'm spying on a culture who did take that bard. And they also got the 15 turns of infamy. Any way to educate them not to since well, it's stupid?

I had a size 1 city get that event. 15 turns of unrest in a minor city for a golden age? I'll take it.

I once got that in my major prosuction center ...:(

I had a size 1 city get that event. 15 turns of unrest in a minor city for a golden age? I'll take it.

Of course. I refer to when these events are all happening in the first 50 turns when there are no other cities built... and that seems to be very common for the AI.

Ahwaric, have you ever considered including DynamicCiv names? It could be pretty flavorful. It's just cosmetic but I love that thing from FF :)

Anyone mention why only one of the lizard civs got transferred?

Anyone mention why only one of the lizard civs got transferred?

Because they are too much the same... Ahwaric has mentioned that civs that are too similar wont be put in. I think the other civs qualities could be combined by adding in another leader being evil - and maybe combine any unique features (I'm drawing a blank on the differences).

Top Bottom