• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Remove embarked defense completely

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Remove embarked defense and Amphibious

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove embarked defense, remove Amphibious from all except melee&mounted melee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

balparmak

Prince
Pdan polled a "big" Songhai nerf last month with no river roads, no embarked visibility, and 50% embarked defense, that didn't pass. To be honest, I also voted no because I like river roads even when they're borked lol. I wondered how would the poll go if it didn't include that, as the other two suggestions were perfectly valid. 100% embarked defense is too much and embarked visibility is Polynesia's thing, neither of them has anything to do with "River Warlord" anyway. So here's a poll for a small Songhai&war canoes nerf.

Suggestion:
  • Remove +2 Visibility for embarked land units (overlaps with Polynesia)
  • Reduce Embarked defense bonus from +100% to +50% (overkill)

Last edited:
I vote for removing War Canoes.

Yeah I started small to quickly build a consensus, but I'd prefer if both bonuses/war canoes were removed completely.
I added a third option for that and everyone should be able to change their votes. At this stage it's obvious that "No" cannot win, so it's between reducing embarked defense to 50% vs removing it completely. Sight bonus is removed in both to be completely clear.

Last edited:
Its the movement that is most broken and dont really care about the above.
I played a game with them recently before it was (as I thought) about to get removed and geez its soo broken.
Double move and amphibious for all units is way out of control, this means even siege units can move and shoot in enemy territory with rivers.
For now I just remove Songhai as an AI option until further notice.
I can see that its slightly less op on non pangea maps.

Yeah, I can't see how this will change anything. It's either the river movement or production on river tiles from tabya that has to go. The fact that workers and settlers get this river movement is ridiculous. Why we can't just give amphibious to cavalry units? Or at least melee? Not archers, siege, civilians. Or just remove it from civilians and river production. Though I would prefer river movement to be trimmed. I would still remove what's in OP.

Expanded the votes with two new options:

- Remove embarked defense and Amphibious from all units.
- Remove embarked defense and keep Amphibious only on melee & mounted melee.

I don't think enough time has passed to re-poll removal of river roads though.

Moderator Action: Thread locked by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom