1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror Invasion scenario bêta

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by apenpaap, Mar 7, 2009.

1. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Download!

This is the bêta version of a scenario I am designing for version 2.0 of the Star Trek mod: Mirror invasion. After mirror Archer stole the USS Defiant from the Tholians, the Defiant sudddenly went back to our universe, thus trapping the mirror crew here.

The mod is based on the 22nd century mod, but with the Terran Empire and the Constitution-class added. Likewise, the scenario is based on the 22nd century scenario, but with some changes: the Terran Empire starts with the USS Defiant next to the Tholian homeworld, some systems changed owners, and many diplomacy values have changed.

Since this is only a bêta version (I will make the full version when deanej releases version 2.0, as I need many artfiles for the Terran Empire), do not expect everything to be perfect. In fact, I would like feedback to improve the scenario before the full release.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've uploaded a copy of the .fpk file that has the art for the new leaders/flags/buttons as well as the civ and leader art defines here on FileFront. The terran empire currently used the Federation unit art style.

A couple notes:
    -For the scenario to be visible without loading the mod first it will have to be in "PublicMaps" instead of "PrivateMaps" (this can be done with just a folder rename though I would remove the map scripts before doing this because it could cause problems with regular BtS and other mods otherwise).
    -In a Mirror, Darkly took place in 2155.
    -For the game to recognize it as a scenario, in the first plot you need to have a script data line so it should look like this:
    Code:
    BeginPlot
    	x=0,y=0
    	ScriptData=Scenario
    	TerrainType=TERRAIN_TUNDRA
    	PlotType=2
    	TeamReveal=1,7,8,9,
    EndPlot
    I haven't actually looked at this in game so I don't have anything more to say right now. It sounds cool.