Misandrism

Let's please not post that really long image that a certain somebody already posts all the time anyway. I wouldn't really know where to compare Finland and the US to begin with but some other lines of statistics are probably more solid than social norms or stories, not that those aren't interesting but the US is huge and has a ton of even more weird stories most likely.

Let's please not post that really long image that a certain somebody already posts all the time anyway.

Do not understand- :confused:

I wouldn't really know where to compare Finland and the US to begin with but some other lines of statistics are probably more solid than social norms or stories, not that those aren't interesting but the US is huge and has a ton of even more weird stories most likely.

The idea was not to compare US and Finland, but to tell about social norms here. They do matter too. I'm too lazy to go after any statistics, and most of the things I'm mentioning aren't of the kind you find any statistical inquiries, at least quickly.

Also, I don't want to use stats here, because they necessarily would compare men to women, and that would be first step to the idea that this is about men fighting against women.

EDIT: And yes, none of the things I mentioned is just a random weird thing, they all are illustration of how people think around here.

Its still way better to be a male than female today imo. Thing's are changing for women tho, and their injustices are being recognized. Not much so for men.

This is very true, most feminists are misandrists.

[citation needed]

On topic, there need be no conflict between a desire to liberate men from the social construction of gender, and the desire to liberate women from that same institution. In fact, it would seem those two interests are very closely related, which is why "feminism" is generally a catch-all term for both men and women opposed to gender dichotomy.

Men don't have a higher pain threshold.

EDIT: Apparently new scientific research proves otherwise. I bet it was men dong the research though.

EDIT2: I thought women were able to blank pain out by thinking about shoes.

Honestly, I don't think any of your arguments in the OP are valid. By an large, society in the US is male-dominated, and that includes the culture. Even in shows or ads where men are belittled, women are always shown as being needy and needing them. For example, House or the Simpsons. House has absolutely no personal characteristics that are redeeming, but Cuddy is always shown as "needing" him. In the Simpsons, Homer is a total doofus, but Marge, who they portray as more competent, needs him to get along.

Is the misandrism mentioned simply slightly offensive and annoying, or does it generally hold back the male sex in some way? I personally think it's more the former and that is why it isn't really addressed.

I would. Contrary to popular belief males, regarless of species, display higher tolerance to pain than their female counterparts.
It's only a bullet to the stomach, man up you

Does tolerance for pain make up for not having knockers though?

I went the alternative route - going the off licence.

Society is slowly balancing itself out. Up until fairly recently women couldn't even vote! Anywhere! They've been slowly getting more and more rights until we reached some sort of equilibrium.. Naturally they continued to push for "more equality" under the guise of feminism.. They had momentum for a couple decades and naturally this pushed them a bit past the point of balance. What's going to happen is that the scale will slowly start to tip back the other way, and then the other, and so forth, until we reach some sort of a balance that everyone's happy with.

Society takes a long time to adjust to such abrupt changes. Plus.. women have boobs.

Actually, guys, it's your fault that this double-standard exists.

:dubious: (so, why did he say "your" and not "our"...??)

The reason the double-standard persists is, when men are confronted with it they don't throw a pissy fit. Logic and reason don't cut it. In order to get what you want these days, you have to be a whiny-ass. I speak from experience. Most of the time I'm all logic and reason, and it doesn't work.

In order to get people to pay attention to the rights of males: every time mens' rights are violated, they need to pick up picket signs and whack people over the heads with them and set buildings on fire and just generally make a mess of stuff. Greenpeace? They get attention. Operation Rescue? They get attention. Union-backing idiots in Wisconsin? They got attention. Religious idiots known as the Westborough Baptist Church? They get attention.

Guys who sit on their lazy asses and post on CFC? Ignored.

Go start some (un)civil disobedience, and the rights of males will become a front-burner issue. And this should be easy, because guys are the best at breaking stuff. :) Now go fight for your rights!

.....errr, wait--is it against forum rules to incite riots? :hide:

Men are such wussies these days.

A couple days ago a female coworker of mine offered to give me a ride home. She only started working with us a couple weeks ago so I don't really know her well yet. Well, apparently she's married.

Her husband pulled up to our office, and I got in the car while she put something in the trunk. I introduced myself to him and thanked him for giving me a ride home.. his response? "Hey, I do what she says"

Sure, that was said in jest, and I get that.. but you could tell that this guy was a wimp and that the female coworker in question totally dominates that relationship. Now, I don't mean that she beats him up or whatever.. She just gets what she wants and he's just happy to be there. This is something I see allll around me - women bossing around their male SO's. Heck, even my sister does it. My brother in law is SOOOOO whipped.

Women have power.. mostly because of their boobs and their butts. But come on.. Men! Stop being such wimps!

Society is slowly balancing itself out. Up until fairly recently women couldn't even vote! Anywhere! They've been slowly getting more and more rights until we reached some sort of equilibrium.. Naturally they continued to push for "more equality" under the guise of feminism.. They had momentum for a couple decades and naturally this pushed them a bit past the point of balance. What's going to happen is that the scale will slowly start to tip back the other way, and then the other, and so forth, until we reach some sort of a balance that everyone's happy with.

Society takes a long time to adjust to such abrupt changes.

My thoughts exactly, and I believe it's often the case.

Actually, guys, it's your fault that this double-standard exists.

:dubious: (so, why did he say "your" and not "our"...??)

The reason the double-standard persists is, when men are confronted with it they don't throw a pissy fit. Logic and reason don't cut it. In order to get what you want these days, you have to be a whiny-ass. I speak from experience. Most of the time I'm all logic and reason, and it doesn't work.

In order to get people to pay attention to the rights of males: every time mens' rights are violated, they need to pick up picket signs and whack people over the heads with them and set buildings on fire and just generally make a mess of stuff. Greenpeace? They get attention. Operation Rescue? They get attention. Union-backing idiots in Wisconsin? They got attention. Religious idiots known as the Westborough Baptist Church? They get attention.

Guys who sit on their lazy asses and post on CFC? Ignored.

Go start some (un)civil disobedience, and the rights of males will become a front-burner issue. And this should be easy, because guys are the best at breaking stuff. :) Now go fight for your rights!

.....errr, wait--is it against forum rules to incite riots? :hide:

Posting in bold & caps isn't going to get you laid.

Top Bottom