1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing A Courthouse

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Posidonius, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Posidonius

Posidonius Civherder

Prince-level game, have Democracy and 128 cities. But i can only build 127 Courthouses. The capital is the one place where Courthouse is not even on the list of things to build. Everything else is there. Have 128 Banks, 128 Mass Transits, 128 Granaries... 128 of everything (but CityWalls and SDI Def's, which i'm working on now.)

Have been up to 128 cities before but never noticed this oddity about Courthouses. Obviously if you've got Democracy you don't need Courts, so i never built them before. But in this game i'll need a wad of cash later and the Treasury only goes to 30,000. So started investing in buildings i can sell later, and the Courthouse is a great way to store gold pieces like a cash battery, as with the Marketplace it stores 80 gp with upkeep of 1 gp. Walls only store 60 per one gp of upkeep.

Not a problem, 127 Courts store 10,160 gp. Not crying that i can't store the full 10,240.

Just wondering why?

2. SWY

SWY Chieftain

You can not build a Courthouse in the same city where the Palace is built.

3. Valen

Valen TWAYF Builder

In a democracy, you don't need a palace. You have no corruption anywhere.

4. Posidonius

Posidonius Civherder

Thanks guys, never knew that a Palace and Courthouse can't coexist peacefully. Makes sense i guess, even as a Despot you never need one in the capital. Suppose i just never tried until now. And Valen, that is a revelation. I certainly never tried selling off the Palace, i thought the Palace was the reason why there is no corruption. And it stores 200 gp for no upkeep cost. Now if only i could build palaces in all my cities, i could store 25,000 gp for a rainy day. Oh well.