1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Art Assets for Improvements and Districts

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by isau, Mar 15, 2019 at 1:28 AM.

1. isau

isau Warlord

Hey guys,

Something new and weird is going on with the art assets in my mod going missing. This didn't used to happen prior to Gathering Storm.

The modifier MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_VALID_IMPROVEMENT is used by City States that allow you to build unique improvements like the Alcazar and Nazca Lines. It can also be used in any general case where you want to enable a civ to build an improvement.

The issue I'm having is that if I assign this modifier in a way that crosses the threshold between expansion packs (e.g. providing an expansion improvement to a non-expansion civ) the graphics don't show up in game. Instead you get the "missing asset" exclamation point in game.

For some reason this is also happening with assigning non-expansion Districts to expansion civs, using the trait system. For example, if I use a Trait to assign the Mbanza to Zulu and Nubia, it vanishes.

I'm hopeful I'm just missing a dependency somewhere in the set up of the mod. Anyone tackled this issue?

2. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Civ 6 Modder

it is a known problem that you cannot use expansion-art in any way for your mod, as far as i know. That you cannot use non-expansion art for expansion-civs is new to me.

The best advice i can give here is, just wait for the SDK and Assets Update. There are rumours that Firaxis would be so kind to provide an Update this spring, i also hope for it :)

3. isau

isau Warlord

What's weird to me is that if the modifier MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_VALID_IMPROVEMENTis used by a City State, the art asset still functions when used by expansion/pre-expansion civs. Also, with districts, the lines isn't consistent. The Mbanza is a pre-expansion district (Kongo) and breaks. The Ikanda is a expansion 1 district and it seems to work. It makes me think I am failing to include a dependency somewhere that is causing the game to lose track of where assets reside.

4. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

The assets for the Expansions are cooked (like all Civ 6 artwork) into .blp files. You can actually reference these assets from mod .artdef files but this has to be after any art cooking is done by editing the files directly because the art cooking process will only keep references that it can find in the pantry. For example we do this in Terra Mirabilis where we reuse the Ha Long Bay 3D asset for Wulingyuan and I use it several times in the Steel and Thunder:Unique Units to use hats and other attachments that are only in the Expansion .blp files.