Missing Civ Reviews

Zardnaar

Deity
A long long time ago Isio and myself wrote some strategy guides for this game. I lost the game disk but have since rebought it on steam. Just wondering if there are any players left in this game and if it is worth finishing the guides.

I acually enjoyed the reviews. The one that I really want is the Vikings. I don't have conquests, but they seem to be the most interesting civ.

Seafaring and war. Played them briefly a long time ago.

The Vikings are fun, IMO, because of the Berserker. Rather weak on defence (2 defence for their 70-shield cost), but 6 attack is the strongest until the much-latest Cavalry (Berserkers are available upon the invention of Invention), and isn't surpassed until Tanks. And all the better, they're amphibious. The only amphibious unit until Marines. So you can really go a different direction than with most civs - coastal raiding in the Middle Ages. And even on land, Berserkers can be a force to be reckoned with if they have a few pikemen along for cheap defence.

The Vikings are also Militaristic, and more important, Seafaring - the perfect complement for Berserkers. Nothing like having nearly-unstoppable Berserkers who can attack from the sea and can get there extra-quick!

Zardnaar, there are still people playing Civ3. Whether it's worth you writing more strategy guides for, you'll have to decide.

With bg2soatob stepping in (he wrote for example an excellent review of the Vikings), I think there is only one last review missing now:
The Russians.

(Or am I just blind? I couldn't find it, which I think is strange, because the Russians are actually a very powerful Civ to play: great UU (Cossack) for war mongering, great traits for fast research games (UN and Space victory) on lower difficulty levels. Really strange that no one should have written a review of them by now?!)

It would be great if the War Academy page were updated to include links to every civilization review that has been written. As it stands, people have to go searching through the forums to find several of the reviews. Has anyone written a review of the Spanish?

Top Bottom